The Merkening

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Evil Dead, Oct 18, 2018.

1. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thanks we are trying!
    Rextacy likes this.
  2. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

I can't call it an exploit and personally not a fan of that term being thrown around as casually as it has been. The problem I figure would come of it would be certain player types abusing it on a larger scale when learning how easy it is to make them and figuring out the LoS. I felt the repercussions would be similar to the mass town killings where trammel spreads out tile by tile because Chris feels the need to prevent needless cheapshots. Being able to teleport onto hard to get spots is neat, sure.. but the result from that is different from people posting up ladders like a peeping tom to throw a firebomb at an afk house sitter. I like my felucia and it's trivial actions and retaliations like this that created trammel in the first place. Someone sneaks into my house because I neglected to lock a door, kill my chars and loot all my stuff then I deserve it. That was a hard lesson to learn multiple times, but I learned it.

Pulled from: http://uorforum.com/threads/firebombs-and-interior-house-mobile-targetting-keeps.37284/

Back to my original point on why the thought to share it with Chris was avoided because obviously he feels like it needs to be fixed and considers it a problem.
  3. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

This thread is awesome.

Once again CPU learns of some basic concept (because Telamon posted about it) and go all cry baby.

This fire bomb shit has been around since I've joined the shard, it's been extremely under "abused".

Then daddy announces it and people go ham? End of days 2.0.

We need to veto everything on this shard to the point where we call it fel but actually it's a tram server.

"He fucking house killed me! Cheater!"
    "Daddy, he town killed my afk toon, ban him!"

Fucking nerds.
    Ravn likes this.
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Nerk stop being lame and using exploits to further your game play use shard rules and we are good
  5. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

also @NerK you have been on the forefront about town killing and now since firebombs have been ruled out you are all of the sudden for it? come on man stick to one story.
  6. Hollywood

I am not affiliated with SoF or CPU. My concerns aren't about players dying in their house. I literally stated that similar trivial actions like the one you're defending have led to more trammelization in the past. I want reds in town fighting, I think it's completely fair gameplay when someone legitimately breaks into a house and kills some toons, and I sure as hell don't want more trammel things added.

Maybe it's just me but I don't shit where I eat.

I have no issues with SoF or CPU. I had some good conversations with crunk and scuba earlier this year and considered joining SoF at that time but decided to go in a different direction with mutual respect. Soon after I stopped telling them my alts so they would stop giving me free passes if they saw me in the dungeon just so there was more pvp action. And I don't even care to pvp, but I certainly support it's existence in UO.

"Fucking nerds" lol, said from a fellow player of a 20 year old game on a saturday night
  7. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

@scuba you should police your own squad on following shard rules. If you need clarification on my statements, I suggest you hit me up in private. Unless you want to keep turning a blind eye, that's fine too. I'm not even talking about your knock off "earsnot" forum behavior either.

I was on the forefront against you and your friend killing people in occlo, there is a difference between town killing an afk vet and new players. If you'd like to compare resume's I'm all for it. I also don't cry if I get town killed. If anything I bang my keyboard and call myself an idiot for falling asleep in town again..

@Hollywood, thanks for explaining my joke. You nerd. Nice to hear you cut your ties from SOF, did you also leave their discord or do you still sit in there?
  8. SandyRavage

SandyRavage Active Member

What your small brain doesn’t understand is we don’t care about the LOS bullshit. We care about even gameplay rules for everyone. When we start doing the same things others do telemon fixes it. Why? Because the rules only apply to some till we force the issue.
  9. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

merlin8666, Invoker and Rextacy like this.
  10. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

The game rules are the same for everyone. It's because you're a bunch of douche bags when you play and it forces dad to update the rules.
  11. SandyRavage

That statement contradicts itself so much. It’s funny
  12. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

13. Hollywood

lol i got booted out of there quite a while ago, rightfully so because all i did was sit in there and pop in that tab here and there for the small talk. I would have kicked me out too.

There, updated you on some info since you guys haven't had a mole in there in quite some time apparently.
    GetZ Payd likes this.
  14. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

Go on, explain.
  15. Hadrian

Hadrian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Salick, PaddyOBrien and Baler like this.
  16. SandyRavage

This isn’t a college thesis fuckaroo. If you want the rules ABC don’t cry when SOF does ABC too!
  17. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

Classic Orange! Big talk, little walk. Stay close to your caller.

No one cries more then SOF. You have a full time taddletale.
  18. SandyRavage

I would sorta kinda maybe be offended if this post made any sense at all.
  19. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

20. twarf

twarf Well-Known Member

Hey SOF TV. Can we get a video of all of that house hiding last night? That was riveting.
    young noble, Rextacy and merlin8666 like this.