The official UO Lottery. Drawing once per week. 50k per ticket.

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Dyne, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Simoneau Trade

Simoneau Trade Active Member

1 ticket please
  2. Mad Hatcher

Mad Hatcher Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Really like this Dyne.

As a long time member of the guild, I think some people might think its rigged if I bought a ticket and won.

I know you value your reputation more than any gold you would win or throw to guilldies by doing this, but for those people who do not know you well, have you thought about an impartial way to draw the number?

Maybe, you could do a RNG that is publicly viewed?

Or, you could have telamon roll it.

But then again, Telamon has enough crap on his plate.

Sigh, hope you don't mind be venting about this in public. As, i said, great idea.

Mark me down for a ticket!

Sorry for the poor grammar and syntax. Been a long day.
  3. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

haha, ya when ragnar bought a ticket(a guildie) i thought about this, and then thought, if a guildie won, that could have ppl wondering blah blah blah, which is why I put my disclaimer about if anyone has any reservations to the honesty of the service then please do not buy a ticket lol

I will look into ways to alleviate these doubts, but wouldn't want to force Telamon into doing anything with it as it is a player run event(not shard hosted) and him getting involved could be seen as wrong in some peoples eyes. Never can please everyone. If he volunteered to help, I would be more than happy to send him a list of the names each week for him to throw them in a RNG but I wouldn't want to ask him to get involved if he felt it wasn't right for the shard. I'm already going to have a lot of time invested in it with meeting people, gathering checks and keeping logs of the data so don't wanna make things too complicated, after all, I'm doing it for fun and for 0 profit for myself.
  4. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

how bout sundays not fridays
  5. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

It will be on Friday. If you can't pick up your winnings until Sunday, that is fine. But the actual drawing will take place on Fridays.

It doesn't matter what time of the day or day of the week that I do it, someone would need it "a different time" to be able to be there when it happens etc. So therefore I set it on Friday Night when it is most convenient for myself lol
    Taliic likes this.
  6. OKC

OKC New Member

1 ticket please
  7. Xx-GoD-xX

Xx-GoD-xX Well-Known Member

purchased 1

+1
  8. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

1 ticket please, if this ticket is a winner it will be split 5 ways :D
    Zyler likes this.
  9. BIGSHOW

BIGSHOW Well-Known Member

I will take one ticket as well!
  10. Taliic

Taliic Well-Known Member

up
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  11. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

1 ticket!
  12. Xavaan

Xavaan Active Member

Ill take 2.
  13. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

Suggestion: you could use https://www.random.org/ and record the screen meanwhile?
    Or even stream like Dakota and Shaylie?

Just throwing ideas. :)
    Azoth, Zyler and Basoosh like this.
  14. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

OFFICIAL UPDATE: We will be accepting checks up until Thursday night at 11:59 EST on 3/10/2016 . Any checks turned in after midnight on Friday 3/11/2016 will count towards next weeks Friday Drawing.

As far as the drawing process goes, I will be posting the players names with their ticket number Friday morning in this thread. At 9pm EST, Telamon will draw a random number through a random number generator and post that ticket number in this thread.

I will contact the winner as soon as possible following the drawing.

Good Luck to everyone. Hopefully we can break the 1m mark. If everyone that has said they will purchase a ticket, turns in their checks, we should be at close to 1.4m.

*****Make sure you contact me on IRC so I can pick up your tickets when you are online, if I don't reply back right away, I should be back within an hour or so, I don't stay AFK long*****
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Heretic likes this.
  15. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Well-Known Member

1 ticket please. I'll look for you on IRC tonight
  16. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Still quite a few people that requested tickets that I have yet to meet to pick up checks. If you want a ticket, please get ahold of me on IRC, message me through the forums or join #UO on irc and have someone in there text me and I will login to grab your check.

As a reminder, tickets will only be available for purchase until Thursday at 11.59 PM EST.

I will post the names/numbers of everyone who purchased a ticket on Friday morning. Telamon will use a random number generator to produce a random number which he will then post in this thread. I will contact the winner immediately afterward or this weekend if they are not available.

So far we have 1.15 million(23 checks) picked up. Should be closer to 1.5-1.6 if everyone that ordered a ticket pays up. But as of right now, we are at 23 tickets gathered.
  17. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

1 ticket sir.
  18. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

1 for a friend...
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  19. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

I had told a couple people I would probably make their number the order in which they bought the ticket but I decided to put all the names into a name shuffler just so whoever purchased first and last can't claim the odds are worse to hit a 1 or a 45 than something in the middle(even though we know they aren't!). I just figured it was the best thing to do.

I will be posting the names/numbers to the forum thread and also PMing the list to Telamon on IRC and his e-mail before the drawing. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was able to edit the list so I wanted to make it as transparent and fair as possible.

We sold 45 tickets in a week. That makes the pot a whopping 2,025,000 gold with 225,000 gold going toward future shard events. Good luck to everyone and hopefully we can keep the lottery going to keep funds coming in for shard events. Not to mention, games of chance are fun!(more so if you win). I guarantee one player who doesn't think they are going to win with 45 names in the hat, will be extremely happy tomorrow evening!
    Zyler, Azoth and Orion GM BD like this.
  20. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

1. Tallic
    2. Bigshow
    3. Ragnar
    4. Dominic
    5. Gideon Jura
    6. Izzy
    7. Naitachal
    8. Kahun
    9. Dominic