The Peacemaking Dexxer and You! (A Guide)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Cynic, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Riddilen

Riddilen New Member

What is the best skill that you can use at your 7th skill?

100 strength 100 dex and 25 intelligence
    Anatomy 100
    Music 100
    Tactics 80 as of now
    Weapon skill 88 as of now
    Healing 48 as of now
    Peacemaking just started

Everything will be at 100 when im finished. Just need help with the 7th skill.
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's up to you, but if you're just starting out you may want to pick up at least 70 magery so you can recall around.

If you have another toon that can gate, and understand how to reverse gate if you get in trouble, then you can do that too.
  3. Riddilen

Riddilen New Member

How else can you get your dex up? mine is stuck at 99
  4. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Snooping.
  5. Ballanor

Ballanor New Member

For a new character (young), and new to the server, what weapon skill would you recommend? I currently am doing fencing, but I read somewhere that each hit has a chance to break peace, so something like swords or mace is better, as they have slower weapons. Given I have no slayer weapons and am literally just starting out, trying to save up money killing orcs and stuff to buy a house. What would you recommend? I also get a ton of arrows from the orc scout, so I am not opposed to doing archery as well, as that seemed very appealing to me but I heard it was expensive, but with all these arrows Ive collected it looks more viable.

Currently looking at
    Music
    Peace
    Discord(enticement)
    Weapon Skill (Fencing atm)
    Healing
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Magery

I am going to keep magery around 30ish probably just to use recall scrolls in books, might take a little out of healing and/or anatomy, and plan on having a gatebot eventually once I get a mage up on one of my other accounts
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Swords has the most weapon types therefore there are a lot more cheap slayers available in sword form.
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  7. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Get swords and use halberds, most damage per hit. If you have space you can look at poisoning too.
  8. Fuinacius

Fuinacius New Member

don't a war hammer hitting with crushing blow have way better chance on dishing a higher damage?
  9. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get magery. I've met some players that went with this guide. It's good but you NEED magery to escape from pks and general utility.
  10. Fuinacius

Fuinacius New Member

Magery on this era, unfortunatelly, is mandatory... and just because 2 or 3 spells.
    I ever think THIS is the best era of Ultima (removing trammel), but at the same time, that some things that were added later could've existed on this era to make the perfect ultima online, like chilvary (actually, not chilvary, but adding SOME of the chilvary spells, like sacred journey and enemy of one, to tactics skill... that would remove the need for warriors to get magery)
    MikeK likes this.
  11. Ballanor

Ballanor New Member

hrmmm...ya I will have to get magery eventually when I save up money for regs lol =/

so you think mace would be better with the crushing blow on war hammer?
  12. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

I think the best 7th skill for this template should be a split between 2 skills.

46.1 magery for 100% successful recall cast with a scroll and the remaining 53.9 skill points in resist.

This is the best survival alternative if you ask me.
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Regarding the 7th skill, I'm of the opinion that by the time you would want it for the reasons described by others (avoiding pk's, getting around) you might be ready to move on to better suited characters for pVm.

You can make a small fortune (from a new player's perspective) with enough gold to fund an assortment of planned characters all within the young status safety net of Ocllo.

... if that's your bag ...

However, if you're looking to be a career peace making warrior or you're not into being the optimized power gamer (I totally understand) then by all means magery makes sense.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  14. MaGeRPaiN

MaGeRPaiN New Member

what should i be peacing at 30? and what should i use discord on at 0?
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Peacemaking doesn't require a specific target for skill gain. You can simply target yourself if you wish to do an "area peace".

Discordance is different in that the target does matter. You should be looking at a target's "barding difficulty" number to determine what to train on.

At zero you can gain from a cat, rabbit, dog, any type of small bird.
    You could however ask the appropriate NPC (non player character) to train you.

In this case, the Bard Guildmaster at the Ocllo bardic college (adjacent to the bank) will respond when you say to them "Myra teach enticement".

Discordance is also known as "enticement" here... I won't get into the details as to why for now.

2017-03-18 14_51_11-Calendar.png 2017-03-18 14_51_41-Calendar.png
    Vandalin likes this.
  16. Semaj

Semaj Member

Great template - thanks for sharing. Joined a couple of weeks ago and used this for my first character. I went with:

-Music
    -Peacemaking
    -Maces
    -Tactics
    -Healing
    -Anatomy
    -Magery (for the optional skill)

I've found myself recently wanting Provocation as well. From what I've seen, most people drop Peacemaking for it, but I want to keep that so I can still tackle solo-spawns. So the question is, what should I drop? I've narrowed it down to either Tactics or Anatomy, but leaning towards the latter. IIRC, Tactics is responsible for 80% damage while Anatomy only 20%, but then the latter helps with Healing. Would I notice a significant drop in the quality of my healing if I ditched Anatomy?

Any help/advice much appreciated.
  17. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

You'll miss the damage and/or healing output if either of those were dropped. I would encourage you to either:

A. Make a separate char for provo-dexxer.
    B. Make your own gate bot and drop magery on your bard-dexxer.
    C. Depending on what your farming, drop peace and focus on having just provo on your char.

I recently tried to split up skills and found it underwhelming. 90 heal and 90 anatomy gave me a fail on a regular bandage. Not trying to cure myself, but a regular heal on one of my Amib runners. Thats also a pretty rare chance when that happens though but made me miss having it gmed.

Its not hard at all to make dexxer bards though, so id just encourage you to have one of each (peace dexxer and provo dexxer) and just use the one where they're more suitable depending on monsters you are slaying.
  18. Semaj

Semaj Member

Argh I think you're right. Really don't want to as I've just spent a fortune GM'ing it but think I'll get rid of Magery - haven't used it at all yet so can definitely get by without it. Thanks for your help.
  19. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

You may wanna consider making a new dexer and turning current char into a mage. Magery is much more expensive
  20. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm having a hard time deciding between resist and enticement for the 7th skill. Also I started the char with 50 resist, so I'd hate to waste that. I figured resist could assist me in recalling out before murderers can dump on me should they arrive, and they most likely will :). But now you have me thinking hard about adding the discord skill. The struggles.