The Requiem Fort

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by LanDarr, Sep 3, 2017.

1. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

I have officially Moved out of the Fort and was looking for a purpose for the ole pile of stone...

When I named the place it was in remembrance of my early days here and the fun I had with A^T Guild
    req·ui·em - an act or token of remembrance

Since that time I have done and seen a lot in UOR, met many great people, said good-bye to a lot of them. One prevailing theme when someone moves on has been that they or their friends set up a memorial to them. However, most of these memorials are behind locked doors and mostly private. Many have asked Telamon for a "Hall of Heroes" where Player Plat statues can be placed, but he has always deferred to player based solutions (and rightly so).

The Requiem Fort is now public again and will remain so for the rest of my days here. It is semi decorated in the style of a pub/gathering place.

So here is my proposition...
    There are 8 rooms in a fortress to start. If you would like to establish a public memorial to friends long gone, or even still playing I offer you one of the rooms to decorate as you please. It doesn't have to be a big 1k plat statue, just something that memorializes the subject.

It will be open to the public, Events will take place there as well & its easy to get to.
    Req Fort.JPG

Contact me here or IRC for any questions or details...
    Orion GM BD, Pill, Althorn and 19 others like this.
  2. Genuss Kaern

Genuss Kaern Member

This is an absolutely lovely idea, and I may contact you in the future perhaps about it. Thank you!
  3. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Our Latest Memorial display is in honor of Lady Kashla. Her friend @Genuss Kaern has set up a lovely tribute to her memory.

Lady Kashla.JPG

Stop by and read the story of Lady Kashla and the significance of the memorial token
  4. Lady Kashla

Lady Kashla Member

Oh wow! That almost made me cry :oops:. So emotive. Can you tell me what the memorial says? I cannot get ingame.
  5. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Wow. Great idea, now I need to save 1000 plat for a player statue, I already know who I'd like to honour
  6. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Guys,

This is a very old post. And honestly did not get much traction back then. I have long since sold that fortress.

However, if there truly is an interest, I will open up my Vesper Keep for just such a purpose... It's not a Fortress now, but if the stars align... I am told it could be one day

Peace
    Ruck, Althorn and wylwrk like this.
  7. Lady Kashla

Lady Kashla Member

Hello @LanDarr , so I guess you can not tell me anything about @Genuss Kaern's memorial to me? It seems he has stopped playing.