The "Robin Hood Run For Your Stuff!" Event

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Dachshund, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Dachshund

Dachshund Member

Dear new players, the event is not happening anymore.

I won't be playing here anymore.
    My friend Ouroboros logged with my accounts using a UO simulator to drop short term counts and the admin banned some of my accounts.

Yes, I know this is a bannable offense. I was aware of the risks.
    Yes, I logged in my friends account many, many times - since day 1 (who doesn't?). I won't let my PC on 24/7 just for decaying counts.

I do not agree with some ways this shard is ruled.
    I talked to the Admin a couple of times and he was not kind nor flexible enough to hear my complains, not my requests for more events.

Probably because I was griefer. But besides in this shard, every UO player is a griefer - dryloot, kill horse, drag pets to lock inside their houses and more.

Plus, the shard has too few PvP players. Too few events.
    I had to recall 10+ times to find a player to fight. If i find... So this is the end for me.

I still have lots of items available, and I am planning to give them to my friends (yes, I have other accounts that are coowners of my places - friends that stopped playing. Ops, ban them too?).

But most of my friends have already left with me (6 so far) <deleted>. I had other friends there and they made our life pretty easy :).

If you want to have those house items for free or know more, PM me. I will let the door open for you in about 5 hours (not sure if the client will crash down or if my other accounts will be banned 'till there, since I made it public). Just open the door and enjoy!

If they got banned, you can wait 15 days and both my towers will decay (one near Britain swamp and one in dagger isle, close to the shrine).
    I won't be online anymore, nor refreshing it.

And I will probably be banned from this forum too.
    But if you check this message soon enough, hey, check for Dach Q, Milla Q and all the Q's. I am always looking for good PvP!

Maybe the most hated player of this shard has left it. Is it good or bad? Or doesn't matter? Up to you, my dearest players.
    I can only be sure that PvP areas will be even less populated with me and my friends leaving.

Aio!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

:( can I have your stuff?
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Hi DachQ

I'm from HK (Chaos) and TT. I own the keep and fort above your east britain large tower. We had quite a few encounters a couple months ago.

If you really want to play here you can probably talk Telamon into unbanning your accounts. Many people have shared accounts and not been banned in the past, so it would be a bit unusual for you to get banned for one strike.

Anyways, take care. Thanks for playing. We enjoyed fighting Head Hunters when we could. If we don't see you again then I hope you find what you're looking for elsewhere.
    Dachshund likes this.
  4. Dachshund

Dachshund Member

Great fights with HK. You damn gankers, lol. But I loved everytime we met you.

I don't dislike UO Renaissance, it is also a good shard. But unfortunately few people play there.

It would be great to fight you guys again. You are a good group. And now we have numbers too :)

Aio!

By the way, doors won't be unlocked today as told. Client version is different and it is crashing everytime I try to login. I will ask for a friend to open it (ops, bannable offense!). If he doesn't, well... you will have to wait for it to decay. :)

Translation: Ultima Online stopped working.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
  5. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Not every player is a griefer though, I like to think I'm all right. You know I'm not lol (I was the guy who offered to help you price your I'll gotten BODs).

Also I'm certain that this situation can be resolved somehow?
    Dachshund likes this.
  6. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Probably not after advertising for another shard, especially THAT one lol. Thats pretty frowned upon here.
    Caska VS Trees and Bamilus like this.
  7. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

(1) Used a forbidden 3rd party program to "drop counts" (farm plat.)
    (2) Advertised the competition.
    (3) Makes himself the victim.

Yeah, not likely to be seen around too much longer.
    PaddyOBrien and Bamilus like this.
  8. PaddyOBrien

What is a "uo simulator" and why is one even needed to drop counts when all you have to do is be logged in anyway?
  9. Ouroboros [HH]

Ouroboros [HH] New Member

Ouroboros here, I am Dachshund friend.

Probably I need to explain deeply what he meant. Instead of using the fully-fledged UO + Razor (or just UO) for lingering and washing the counts away, I was writing and testing a console-based UO client which would allow us to do this from work. Telamon thought that my friend was not telling the truth, so asked me to talk to him with a scent of irony. Well, I did, and showed him the program I was writing. But of course he had his mind set already. He even told me that "we are here just to kill and his server is not willing to provide players so that we can kill". This is, for me, utterly nonsense, considering the dynamics and ruleset of UO (and even the fact that he specifically took Trammel off the equation).

It's funny that someone mentioned platinum coins, because I never really cared about them. I never claimed a single coin since my account was created. Maybe Telamon was right, we were here just to kill. Now, it's up to the players to decide whether this is healthy for the shard or not. I would said it is. I had a tracker, and from what I could see, 90% of the players are lingering or training skills inside houses in this shard. Surely, the shard lost some active players.

And, mentioning that he's trying to play the victim? It's crystal clear that 1) we are not playing here anymore and we don't care 2) he was aware of the risks (I wasn't but that's not the point) 3) he is not asking for Telamon to revoke the ban, he is just saying that the event is cancelled and that we are giving our items away. How can you understand this as "playing the victim"? Words are surely a strange thing...
  10. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

Alright, I am going to throw my 2 cents in here.

"It's funny that someone mentioned platinum coins, because I never really cared about them. I never claimed a single coin since my account was created. "

After reading that line I really lost any faith that you want to play on this server and/or promote its health. Platinum is the endgame currency just about all of us want. Why would you not want it? Surely, even sole PvPers can find items they enjoy. (Ethereal/ Blessed Rune Book) But lets say you don't want any of that stuff. Fine, that's fair I can buy that. Why would you not just sell the coins to buy what you want like PvP Stock?

"Maybe Telamon was right, we were here just to kill."

You said it yourself, not me. Should your SINGLE goal on this server be to slaughter the innocent? No. Absolutely not. Is that healthy for the server? I think we all know the answer to that question.

So I pose one question to you now. Is it Telamon's responsibility to usher in new players every few days for you guys to shit all over because that is ALL you do?

I don't know if you were promoting another shard or not. Looking at the last part of the sentence when you say Telamon asks you to play <name redacted> makes sense to me. He sees and understands your play style. It isn't helping the shard any, so he suggests a viable option for you to move on to.

Its all pretty cut and dry to me. You guys were using a 3rd party program (however harmless it may be) and got nipped in the butt for it. Sorry, not sorry. The server's health is not in your best interest. I feel your ego's played a major role in this. Either way, if you get to come back, try cleaning it up a bit and doing something besides PKing for a little while. This game is huge with tons to do. It isn't Telamon's job to create a psychotic emulator for you to go nuts on other players. Play nicely in the sandbox please.
  11. PaddyOBrien

Dach's signature and talking about how great <name redacted> is isn't really going to win them any sympathy from staff or other players here either.
    Bamilus likes this.
  12. Dachshund

Dachshund Member

Oh. We just PK and PvP. That's all for us.

But as I have always said, this shard is 100% trammelite. That's why you have (had, because me and my friends left) 40 players active online and like 10 PvPing.

But of course, all you want is PvM and build super great houses to play The Sims 3 in Ultima Online.
    PKs not welcomed in this shard.

Enjoy your Trammel world, trammelites!

PS: We know how to kill Young players. Yea, great bug by the way. Ops.
  13. Dachshund

Dachshund Member

So worried. :p
  14. Ouroboros [HH]

Because we didn't needed it. We had a surplus in our looting, so I never had to worry about money. All our regs/pots/armor/wand/money stock kept growing, so why bother to collect the plats? Eventually I would, maybe. But I never needed it.

I think you missed the point here. I don't care about saying that PvP is the only thing I care about. It is. It will always be. There is no shame into that (maybe in this shard, not in all others I know). It is quite funny that you have someone saying, "hey, we removed Trammel! PvP action here is welcome!", just to say in the next minute "why are you killing all my players? you shouldn't do that! mean boy!". It really makes no sense. It's like having Trammel, but worse: enforced by moral, not by law.

Again, funny how words can be so ethereal. Telamon didn't "understand" our playstyle, he was just worried about protecting his players. He said that explicitly. It was not in the lines you're saying: "oh well, if you like PvP, then you should go to another shard". It was more like "get away from here, I need to protect my defenseless and precious players from vicious PKs like you, so they can happily farm in my Trammel/Not Trammel world!".

And again, he himself told me that "using the tool was not a big of a deal". At first, he said that this was an "unfair advantage". Then I asked him if someone with a good connection have an "unfair advantage" over somebody who doesn't, because my tool was aimed to reconnect automatically (but was not up to that point already anyway). Eventually he said that the tool was OK, the problem was that we were logging into each other's account.

There is no ego here, my friend. We are all good, it seems that you are more bothered than us with the fact that we are leaving. As for the last part, we have really no intention of playing in a shard to do anything other than battle other people (GW, duel, field battle, you name it). We are not changing our style to adapt just to play here. If no one here wants to PK, fine for us. We move and everyone is happy. Enjoying killing your monster with your dragons!
  15. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

Says the guy going to a server where Tamers are even more over powered. Pets recall with the Tamer and are MUCH more powerful than a fully trained standard 7x dragon. Sounds great... not
    Didn't you know they have shitty custom housing? If that isn't Sims 3 then I don't know what is. Everywhere you looked is a shitty empty plot or a hideous custom house packed to the brim with "trammel" like you are trying to get away from. As far as the eye can see is headache causing over the top neon colors, that people pay thousands of real life dollars for. Enjoy that...
  16. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Understanding a playstyle is one thing, allowing players to break the shards rules to give themselves an advantage over other players is another. Based on your statements your connection was good enough to have enjoyable fights with other players. However using a 3rd party application to allow you to maximize your decay of murder counts does not add to the "PvP community of the server" It was simply allowing you, and your friends, to avoid the penalties for murdering other players. As a PvP'er this step was only necessary because you murdered in excess and did not want to deal with the consequences. This is not the type of play style we support here. If you want to murder other players, under a classic ruleset, then you have to face the penalties for doing so. Making extra accounts, sharing accounts, using 3rd party tools to stay logged in 24/7 are all unfair advantages.

It is generally understood that when you play here, we expect you to follow the rules. And in 99% of the cases a warning is given for the first offence. In this case the players believed the rules were not worth reading, did not apply to them, other shards had different rules that should apply here, and they should be excluded because they could not stay connected enough to burn off their murder counts.

These players were given some options, including not sharing accounts, not murdering so many people so that 3rd party applications were not required to burn murder counts and not sharing accounts. Even after all of that we were still willing to allow them to continue playing once the staff completed a review of the 30-40 accounts that were linked by IP access and reduced each player to 3 accounts.

Instead of working with the staff in this situation one of the players moved to advertising another server. The staff are volunteers here and it is time consuming to police and resolve account abuse issues. If you want to throw a fit about being asked to follow the rules and play the "I'm quitting and going to play over there because the mean UOR people have rules" Then the staff will simply close all the affected accounts and move onto other issues.

We are always sad to see players go, but it is important that ALL players follow the rules here to provide a fair experience for everyone. If you want to have a serious conversation about the shard rules then I will happily re-open the review of your accounts and verify that you only use 3 accounts to play here. Advertising another server however is a final offense and will result in a complete blacklist.

And for anyone considering using the methods these players did, keep it mind it was extremely easy to detect and a stupid way to lose your accounts.

http://www.uorenaissance.com/conduct
    As for the player run event, We will be looking for another player to take over the rough process or if needed the staff will replace this event with something that our players will enjoy, which will happen at the same time.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    ichiokada, PaddyOBrien and Bamilus like this.
  17. Ouroboros [HH]

It feels like I am in a whirlwind of explanations, have to say the same things again.

First, as I said, ping is one thing, internet shortage is another. I died a couple times, and Dach so many others, because our internet was simply gone. I connect via wi-fi here, it's not 100% reliable. Sometimes I could connect an entire night, some times I couldn't. So, a player with a more stable connection have an "unfair disadvantage", because he can linger his counts overnight? Really, that is utter nonsense.

Second, we never used it to linger a single count. While I was testing it, you banned our accounts. In the following day. I was trying to fix a bug in the client that made me disconnect after 2 minutes or so. So, that "mischievous tool of evil PK'ing" was used for decaying... let me do the math... 0 counts. Wow, really impressive "unfair advantage".

This is my last topic here, enjoy your weeks you all! I have no intention of arguing about something that is so blatantly useless.

Bye!
  18. PaddyOBrien

You do the crime you gotta do the time, son! If connection stability was an issue, perhaps you shouldn't have racked up so many short term counts in the first place by pk'ing everyone in sight and stuck to faction/order chaos battles.
  19. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Good bye. Enjoy <name redacted> where you will not die because of poor connection.

Whatever happened to the PorkFriedRices of the world who would run around with their balls properly in place on a DEEP stat red and would just train back up after death?
  20. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Then the solution is fairly simple. Work with the staff to reduce your accounts to three, and read and agree to the rules and you can continue to play here. This is however the first time you mentioned that you were "Just testing it", as our conversation and your posts here, indicated certain goals for using the login tool. Otherwise we wish you well on your UO adventures.