The "Robin Hood Run For Your Stuff!" Event

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Dachshund, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

From Day 1, you have been a detriment to this server and I called you out on it.

Your actions in-game continually backed up that assertion as you continually proxied to avoid bans in the #KoS channel and kept working on sneaking in alts into our guild to cause harm, divide our players, and set friends against friends. You were consistent in your dishonesty day after day and are simply a terrible person at the basic level. Normally, I do not like seeing the server lose players, but in this case I make an exception.

Good riddance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
    Taliic, ichiokada, Valrick and 2 others like this.
  2. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

I agree with most of this. It wasn't that we didn't appreciate you being here, the toxic behaviors shown against people that have had some big server tenure was quite distasteful.

After seeing the same stuff a few times it already had lots if people's eyes drifting other ways. Sucks to see you go, YES. But some anti-server-interest is leaving. So that is a good thing yes
    Lightshade likes this.
  3. Ouroboros [HH]

Ouroboros [HH] New Member

If you are Telamon, you know what I told you: I logged several friend's accounts. It doesn't necessarily means that they are mine. Now I know that this is a bannable offense, you told me so. Go ahead and ban it. And you also know that I said that I was writing a tool, even gave you the Github link. You told me that I was using UOSteam or something like that, and I stated that it was not the case, and showed it to you my point (at least for a while, because you were clearly not interested into hearing me, always saying "you should kill less", "this shard does not want to provide you 'fresh meat' to kill", or things of the sort).

If you are a software developer, you know that takes time to build a tool like this, and the procedure is always the same: write, build, test, see what goes wrong, write... I used it for one day. You have the logs. Check it.

But for me, it is clear, we don't have any desire to play here anymore. Look at the mentality: players suggesting that we get the stat loss, other that says about "crime and time" even if he has no clue of what we are talking about in the first place, and even states that we should not kill so much if my connection breaks at night. Damn! It even sounds like you're joking.... maybe you are.

As for the fighters of this shard, farewell! Maybe you keep an eye of what's going on with your staff. Maybe they dislike you killing their loved farmers. Who knows.
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Boy, the game was designed for you to take stat loss!!

Back in '98 you wouldn't have tied up your parent's phone line with your dial-up modem while you burnt counts. If you killed you had to be willing to die in stat. Difference being that it is MUCH easier to macro up skills/stats now.

#NoSympathy
    PaddyOBrien and Lightshade like this.
  5. Lightshade

Its about 2,000,000x easier to macro off counts nowadays, heh.
  6. Ouroboros [HH]

ORLY??? Of course I know that.

But wait... let's see... MAYBE there is a difference... hmmm. I can almost smell it. AAAHHH! I know it!!! OSI had a bunch of players which PAID MONEY complaining about getting killed while farming with their little darling dragons! So, they stopped inviting their friends complaining that it was too easy to get killed and went to play other MMOs. Oh, yes. I think now it makes sense: you have here the same player-base mentality that created Trammel, with the only difference that the shard is not making money out of those farmers.

Stat/skill loss has proven to be, long term, the worse thing that OSI did (at least the way they did it). But they had money to worry in the equation, so maybe we can forgive this mistake at that time. But you want to repeat it. Boy oh boy, people really don't learn from history.

Farewell!
  7. Lightshade

#LongestGoodByeEver
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

(1) You are not paying money to play here, and yet you have taken the time to post 5 times trying to justify why you broke the rules.
    (2) Trammel isn't coming.
    (3) Stat loss is probably the most genius idea OSI had! You want to kill, there is a consequence to that. Trammel did suck monkey balls. But in a Felucca only environment (like UOR), stat loss "accomplishes" the goal of "punishing" wrong doers (and I use the words accomplishes and punishing VERY loosely as it is WAAAAY easy to get away with murder here *bad pun intended*). Or do you want to be able to go around killing everyone with no consequence? If so, maybe you have chosen the wrong game then. Maybe a 1st person shooter is more up your alley.
    (4) We have learned so much from history, that a game that is 18 years old still has a cult following that defend the mechanics of the time so vehemently. So again, if you don't like the game, then don't play it. Stat loss IS the game.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  9. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Eh...I mean stat loss was removed completely by the end of renaissance. Even before renaissance ended you no longer had stat loss consequences if you died in a dungeon or in t2a, so that champ spawns could be contested. Stat loss era was only a small portion of the game's history.

There are other consequences for being red. Banishment from town during some eras. Freely attackable by all during any era. Criminal status for aiding a murderer. You can't gain/use virtues while red.
  10. Lightshade

Do NPC's refuse to do business with people that have very negative Karma?
  11. Ouroboros [HH]

(1) That's completely pointless. I was explaining better what Dach said, which can be unclear for players who don't have a clue of what we are talking about. Apparently, you are one of those.
    (2) Trammel is here already, only in a more subtle way.
    (3) My gosh. Stat loss is precisely what demoted UO from the hall of great online games to be considered just yet another MMO. It's almost possible to trace a precise correlation between those two facts. After they implemented it, a massive number of players just left the game. Of course you had those that remained, or even many who joined only because of Stat loss/Trammel. Those farmers. Most of them already left the game, and they represent only a minority of players. Starcraft was so long-lived because it was competitive. A game without competition is doomed to fail. When people get over building their pretty houses with their platinum coins, they just leave. This is where EA got it wrong. They were scared of all the people leaving to play other games, and focused on making UO the same thing. End result: they lost a niche market which is fulfilled by the freeshards today.

EA was money-driven, and they made a mistake. They were trying to please the farmer player-base, which is understandable in a business perspective. But it was a wrong decision. Those players are volatile. Once they discover a game when you click more and farm more, here they go. As for the PKs. I don't believe that it should be freely allowed. You have other ways to punish them, though. For instance, there were servers that the shorts decayed in 16 hours, but offline. And there was no stat loss, but you were simply unable to ress in this period. There is no point on doing what you're suggesting (retraining skills).
    (4) You learned so much that you have a server with 500 online, in which 90% are either idling in houses or training skills, 9% are farming/trading and maybe 1% are fighting. Stat loss is not the game, stat loss is a failed decision, based on money. You aren't here for money so you don't need to repeat the bad part of the decision.
  12. EndlessMike

EndlessMike Member

Most pk's here are man enough not to cry about short term counts and don't need more trammel (16 hour offline count decay you mentioned). Usually they have alt pk's or blues to play while their other pk is macroing counts, or keep their short term counts low enough to where they wouldn't have to macro too long anyway.

You just can't quit us, can you ;)
    ichiokada likes this.
  13. Lightshade

Again.......
  14. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

6th post explaining why you cheated. Hadn't you quit already?

Really? Stat loss made the population quit? Ok. Did you even play in era? UO had it's biggest years when stat loss was prevalent. I left when 3D came out, and I believe it was around THAT time that they took out stat loss. And the game thrived still. People left AFTER they removed stat loss. So please get your facts straight.

How is there no point? There's murderers who do this. It is faster, and more convenient from a Play(gold)/Hr perspective.

Stat loss was present during the time THIS shard is emulating, and I doubt Tela will remove it. Soooooo....if you don't like it, then this isn't the game for you (as I had already suggested).