The Tune of a Lute

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by The Dark Covenant, Nov 5, 2016.

1. The Dark Covenant

The Dark Covenant Member

One turn of the knob to the right... discord. One turn of the knob to the left... provocation. An adjustment of the knob in between... peace. The thoughts of a musician in the making. Of course, he had other talents... the dark arts and he was quiet talented with managing animals. He never wielded a sword nor cast a spell intent on the aspect of harm... he didn't have to. His lute and his followers were more than sufficient to carry out his will should he desire it. He resided in the great Halls of the Arts in Britain, the house of Musicians. It was supposed to be an indoctrination in to the noble society of bards. Complete the musician training and become a storyteller for the ages. However, he came upon a fateful letter that would forever change his life. A simple letter... a call to arms really. The bard had never been satisfied with his sedentary and passive lifestyle. It didn't matter that the main focus of his training as a musician was to bring about peace, he desired chaos and what better way to bring chaos than with the flick of a string and the tightening of a knob. It couldn't get more poetic. However it was critical of him to first... finish his training so he could master all the arts necessary for his quest.

"Beware would be travelers, I have chosen my side in this fight," he thought to himself.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This story has been added to the oral history of Paws.

MEMORIZED!​
  3. The Dark Covenant

The Dark Covenant Member

It was a normal day, the birds chirped, the trolls grunted and the musician tuned his lute. "Perfect adjustment," he thought to himself. He then grabbed his horn a horn he was told would explode upon use. "Curious, I hope it doesn't explode on me" He said out loud as he blew the horn and thus a mighty ball of fire erupted from the trees. The earth shook with discord and then all was still again. "Am I ready to accept this invitation of death and glory? Whom will fall in my path should I undertake this adventure" the musician muttered to himself. "Would I be so decent as that failed assassin I heard about that let loose a Sanctuary member without even a cut? Sure I wan't gold but I also crave the stinging smell of death from my foes"

I wonder if anyone will join me?

-an unknown musician.