The way of the Naturalist

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blaise, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Awesome, 3rd account = survivalist creation!!! Coming soon!
  2. Nelvin_Skjordal

Nelvin_Skjordal Member

I've been playing a macer/mage/healer by the name of Nelvin Skjordal. Created him yesterday morning and have been having a blast so far. Hoping to see some of you folks in-game soon.
  3. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

I followed this here with big interrest for some time now. With the newly given 3rd account i seriously considering to create a survivalist character.
    Only thing that is stopping me from doing it right now is that i have not much time left for playing atm. But when i decide to finally create him, i want to totally dive into it.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I am trying to keep the room, #UORN, open on IRC.
    I know it's a bit of a detraction from the whole idea of playing a naturalist, but it's so much fun playing together.
    I'm currently logged out at the inn in Vesper. :)
  5. Gharik

Gharik Active Member

To be honest... since you're doing everything as you go. You don't need much time. Jump on, pick at it a bit, light some kindling, secure camp, bedroll off. Bedrolls are awesome.

I'm going to have to put my naturalist on hold for a little bit, I've been tasked with something else that I'm sure everyone will enjoy when I'm done with it. I'll try to play him 30 minutes to an hour a week when I can. Plus side, he can tame grizzlies now! Woop. haha
  6. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

I stranded in vesper some minutes ago in an Inn. All i have on me is a katana, some bandages, my beloved standing harp and a good amount of gold coins. After leaving the inn i felt somewhat lost in this town with his many streets and isles. But I am as well open minded for what is coming and bravely looking forward it. A training hall was right on my way so i entered and was allowed to improve my figtning techniques on the straw puppets. Feeling hungry now...

Ekkehard
  7. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

8. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

Ekkehard died last night during an ambush from an orc horde.
    His brother Byron sweared to take revenge and hunt this foul vermin until the last one of them is fallen.
    Down with the orcs!
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Bump. We're still out there folks. Slaying our way to greatness, 0.1 at a time!
  10. ravenclaw

ravenclaw New Member

If you really want to add that feel of realism and make thing more interesting (difficult) go into the UO settings(Options) and enable the "Dark Nights" option (I think that's what it's called, I'm at work and cannot check right now.) Anyway, this will allow you to experience night as nighttime and adds a whole new dimension to those lanterns and candles that no one ever uses. Also makes you put down the shield and pick up the lantern in caves or at night and you can easily get lost or turned around even with a light source.

In any case, I just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to really add that sense of realism to the naturalism state.
  11. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Yes dark nights are great! Gotta use Nightsight, etc (oh wait - my guy is magicless, skeptical of the dark arts)
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Agreed, Dark Nights is where it's at. In any regard, you do not need Dark Nights enabled to be rendered blind in any subterranian area. I find fighting by the light of a torch to be quite thrilling in the dungeons!
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

As an admin, I actually do not use the razor feature to control light levels, when I design an event, or am reviewing a dungeon I make sure we account for proper lighting.

While we will never force dark nights on our players (people would just turn up the contract/brightness on their monitors) We will always make sure that our players who play classically will have adequate lighting (or lack of lighting).
  14. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Farming with dark nights is some scary sh!t.
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Bump for great justice! Sturm the naturalist has a home! Placed in the wilds, all those who follow the same lifestyle are welcome to be co-owned to the home.

Next step: Guild stone!
  16. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Can Tiger and Woods join? What about Caddy?
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

No, but I'd love to see them in the field again, without Razor. :p
  18. HateCrime

I put the screenshot of us on those noobies killing you in my youtube video towards the end somewhere lol. Did you see sir? Did you see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdMuLOsq4fM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  19. HateCrime

DOUBLE POST FAIL - EDITED
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I admit, I didn't get that far into the video the first time. I see the shot at 1:40s, nice!
    Turn off Razor and go train up those clubbers!