Them meddlin' Sanctuary folks!

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by PaddyOBrien, Aug 3, 2017.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

With their leader @Bayara presumably taking a vacation from briganding, perhaps on the sandy beaches of Vesper, or maybe just somewhere in the back room of the Hanging Crown tavern sleeping one off under a pile of liquor bottles, the brigands have found ways to entertain themselves. One such way Zeke and his brigand bretheren have fun is loitering at the Ocllo stores, heckling the shoppers and bank sitters, tossing purple potions into the crowds, and daring them to step across the guard zone!

zeke1.jpg

Not too long after that, some citizens from Project Sanctuary and elsewhere rallied and fought the brigands, ruining all their fun! A back and forth battle ensued all the way to the pirate fort.

zeke2.jpg

The brigands mostly escaped the giant lynch mob that had formed to hunt them down, and vowed their revenge.... they'd invade P'S lands and set fire to the whole place! The brigands went back to camp, restocked and reloaded, their sights set upon Skara Brae! They rode like madmen, ready to burn the place to the ground. Zeke's threats yelled at the mob outside the Pirate fort must have alerted Lord Krake's finest, as they were met with resistance in the fields! The battle was on!

zeke3.jpg

zeke5.jpg
    The brigands were victorious, sending P'S in retreat to their library. The brigands raided the crops, and then decided to burn down their library because, books are for nerds! They regrouped and marched south to the library, but they were met with stiff resistance! Zeke found himself within the midst of an angry mob and was skewered from all sides, and fell to the ground. The others fell after a fierce fight, then the brigands regrouped once more at the killin' fields of Skara Brae. From the south, the defenders of Skara Brae were regrouping as well to repel the brigands. A pre-emptive strike by the brigands ended with casualties from both sides, but the brigands prevailed.

zeke6.jpg zeke7.jpg

Insults and threats were exchanged, and the brigands vowed to return one day and burn down their fields and library! With a flourish, Zeke waived his trusty cursed plunger in the air to signal to the brigands to follow. The brigands aren't done with the P'S lands on the outskirts of Skara, not at all. Lord Krake and his followers will bow down to the brigand leader Bayara and recognize our superiority over these lands!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Magnolia, Pekka, Duz-luk and 17 others like this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

down with the establishment!
    Pekka, Jupiter, Eskull and 1 other person like this.
  3. Eskull

Eskull Member

I would like to hear what PS will say about this. Brigands are well-known for their deceit and twisting the facts.
    Pekka, Jupiter and PaddyOBrien like this.
  4. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

As a member of Project Sanctuary and having been there today to defend Occlo and my home village, I can attest that the Brigands fought viciously today. It is worth mentioning that the brigands were slain at their first attempt to take our library. However, we were outnumbered and succumbed to their last attack on our keep.

I will personally request that Lord Krake rally an army of trained fighters to seek out the brigands at their notorious camp. It will be my personal ambition to burn down their cellars of ale so that the brigands will NOT be able to toast another victory again.

Signed,

The Illustrious Anna, Grandmaster Mage
    Pekka, Vortex, Duz-luk and 5 others like this.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Just keep away from our Outhouse!! That place is sacred I tell you! SACRED! Besides, it's well known that lighting a match around that place will create a cataclysmic explosion that would take out much of the Britain, Skara, and Yew area!
    Eskull likes this.
  6. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

I thought brigands dont believe in anything, so why is it sacred?

Rather than burn the place down, i can just pierce every casket of ale and watch your beloved drink sink into the dirt.
    Eskull likes this.
  7. Eskull

Eskull Member

Serpent effing christ... what kind of monster are you? :eek:
    crazydaze likes this.
  8. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You scoundrels and your obsession with everything evil. Today was the day that I had set aside for training my newly purchased horse, Horse. The sun was shining and the wind was blowing in a cool mist from the Skara Brae Channel. It was a good day...until you invaded our lands! Luckily Sanctuary was up to the task of turning you away. The next time I see you trampling our lettuce crops and threatening our collection of Maxim Britannia, you will be crushed faster than you can say "Uncle Donnie is an honorable merchant."
    Pekka, Jupiter, Dr Satan and 2 others like this.
  9. ShaqD

ShaqD New Member

i only took the maxim brittanias i didnt trample the lettuce
    Lyta and PaddyOBrien like this.
  10. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I ran after them and wanted to help my lumberjack, but my provider was against and the Internet line broke for an hour :D
    Pekka, Merek Tybalt and PaddyOBrien like this.
  11. Muguk

Muguk Active Member

*Puts a marshmallow on a stick*