Thinking of jumping on the boat...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Skynyrd2, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Giant

Giant New Member

Also, wow. Lol, this is fantastic.

Why does MS only do 1 damage in houses? I'm guessing just to avoid LoS house killing griefers or something?
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Pretty sure that is the reason, yes. But it works out great for everybody :)
  3. HateCrime

I personally recommend a bard to most new players as they are inexpensive to train, and very effective. Some other people recommend mining and often buy iron ingots at 7-8gp per to help out new players.
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

MS does 1 damage during resist sessions beause the damage is spread through many targets. If someone MSes you directly inside a house you'll still take flamestrike comparable damage.

Bards are a great way to start, and great moneymakers in this shard, just keep in mind provo is difficulty based here, and alter your training accordingly.
  5. Giant

Giant New Member

Ahh ok. I thought the other post was saying MS only does 1 damage as long as you're in a house. Speaking of MS..does the LoS bug from UOSA work here? Kind of annoying to get killed in the middle of a tower...
  6. HateCrime

No. That was one of the first things the staff here fixed.
  7. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

This is incorrect; damage on MS is 1 HP across the board at the moment. The plan is to eventually correct this to the proper mechanics, but it is a stopgap solution to the LoS issues mentioned in this thread until that can be properly corrected.

I just tested this in my home -- direct blast to a single char to the face of MS, 1 dmg.
  8. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This is correct, all AoE spells (excluding earthquake) currently do 1 damage to a player while they are standing within a houseregion. Until we can rectify the issues with line of sight & targeting exploits that can be used to kill another player while they are standing in an otherwise normally safe location, this will stay in affect.
  9. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you for clarifying.