This guy have a doorman? Does it have a functional purpose?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hiji Zuru, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So I see this guy on Ice island and I was wondering if he has a macro that has his "doorman" character open and close the door based on a voice command or something like that? Because that would be awesome.

[​IMG]
    One likes this.
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Ban bot would be my guess
    Hiji Zuru likes this.
  3. Hiji Zuru

Life of luxury!

[​IMG]
    One likes this.
  4. Fireball

Fireball Active Member
    UO:R Donor

It's my Fortress and that is my daughter's toon. She has a Razor macro which opens the door and does a detect hidden when she hits a key on her USB number pad (Saitek Gaming keyboard). I also have a USB device plugged into her computer which I can reach over and press too. Saitek Pro Gamer command pad. We do also have a ban macro on another button but this didn't seem to work when I was cleaned out last month!
    I don't believe this is a problem. There is nothing sinister going on but a voice command would be an interesting option.
    One likes this.
  5. Fireball

Fireball Active Member

If only he also provided gin and tonic....
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  6. Hiji Zuru

Hey Fireball! Thanks for the reply! I didn't mean to imply anything problematic! I was going to commend you on creative use of razor macros and and awesome solution to one thing I hate very much.....Unlocking my front door!

I was thinking of emulating this idea with my keep and spare account because I have been walking around with keys to my tower and my keep for the past 2 months! While it is a nice convenience I know that I will probably get robbed soon even though the thieves on this shard seem too busy complaining on the forums instead of robbing people;). Also, I would love to use my courtyard when I get a blessed runebook. and it would be nice to have a doorman :)

Thanks for sharing the info. And what I meant by "voice" was in-game chat that could be picked up via comm crystal or the sort.....CHEERS

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

Hiji why would you carry your keys around? Just stick them in the door like everybody else.
  8. Hiji Zuru

::effort::

i have keys locked down for my alts

but serioulsy once you walk around with master keys in your pockets....you can't go back. :)

Also, I feel bad for the thieves on this server.

9. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

I can see where it would be nice to just run up to the door and have it fly open without trying to fiddle with clicking the tiny key ring.
    Hiji Zuru likes this.
  10. Hiji Zuru

ITS AWESOME

WHEN I DIE JUST RESET THE LOCKS =)

Everything of value is secured by a barrier of locked down items anyways. Also, fiddling with keys means you are going to get killed if someone tries to jump you at your front door. It amost guarantees your potential assassination unless you use a secure CY 24/7. What is the point of owning a home if you can't run into it for safety?!!? :)
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  11. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

@Hiji Zuru - You know I wasn't sure about you... With your cult of the lol god business and all... But you're OK.

EDIT: OK as in like good not like meh.
    Hiji Zuru likes this.
  12. Canis

Canis Well-Known Member

I use a door opening macro which is specific to each door in my house.
    Say "-where" to get your coordinates, and run the door-specific macro.

My "Entry" macro is roughly:
    say "-where"
    if sysmessage X, Y (coordinates)
    run macro Entry Front Door

and Entry Front Door would be:
    dclick locked down key
    target door to open
    dclick door to open
    dclick locked down key
    target door to lock

Copy this macro for each of your doors and re-target to appropriate keyring and door.

So I press Ctrl+Alt+D at a door to enter, and the same hotkey works for all the doors that I've set up. It's not too laborious to do, but the convenience is great. Don't forget to detect hidden once you're in and you've closed the door behind you!
    Ahirman likes this.
  13. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Omgah hax!!
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  14. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

mine is, i recorded a macro on razor for the houses i use the most, i dbl clicked their specific keyrings and removed the "wait for target" parts, so it looks like this:

KEYRING.jpg

then assign "last object" action to same key on ingame options/macro options,
    so when u click that hot key, first the target comes up auto for u to click the door to unlock it, then u go inside and hit the same key and it auto closes the door cos of "last object", and a target comes up again auto for u to click the door again to lock it.

its a great macro if u get used to it and dont mind an opened runebook on your screen most of the times.
    wylwrk likes this.
  15. Fireball

Fireball Active Member

@Hiri Juru
    I tried the comm crystal idea when I started here but it seems to be disabled on this shard as a system message. May have changed now but... You could also perhaps achieve it by attacking the doorman who would receive "Joe Bloggs is attacking you!" but then if someone else with that name EQs your place then he will kindly open the door for them and you don't really want that :) Also as he spends 99.5% of his life hidden it's not going to work with a double-click in war mode. Hitting a button on the end of a USB cord is the easiest way to do this and I've always done it like that from way back in OSI days of 1999 Siege Perilous. Guildies would enjoy the benefits too and I would often hear over Roger Wilco "Hey are you on the door Dave?" just before they recalled in :)

For all other houses I use an entry macro like Canis's which works great although if you own a few houses it takes a while to cycle to the correct map co-ordinates to open the correct door. But it does work very well - wherever you are you just have one button to press to open any door. We even put loops and checks in it so you have to mess up really bad in order to leave the door in the wrong state! Back when I started here I had a tower and a few shops and lumber/mining houses and the location macro was incredibly useful. You only have to set up a new house once by copying a similar house macro and retargeting the door and keys, oh and a spot on the floor to detect hidden at the end. Then it's just a [where at the door to get the coordinates for the main entry macro and you are done. Although I had basic entry macros before it was Canis that really perfected it a few years back on another server we played and I use it now on all UO shards I play with no issues at all.
  16. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Wtf happened to putting your key in a secure bag over your door? Are people really that lazy?