This is an awesome server.. BUT

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cheapsuit, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Russ4ua

Russ4ua Member

Yes, those programs ruined the other shards. Ruined PvP, PvE, crafting... all of it. Especially the PvP. The last shard I was on- I tried to join a guild, and was told I had to run automated macros that synch dump in time with messages sent in chat. I don't know why that's fun to people but whatever. Steam is better than easyuo. Too good
    One likes this.
  2. Eugen

Eugen Active Member

Depends what server you play on and if that specific shard requires you to check negotiate features with server but if you would allow unchecked use of any UOS/Krrios client or EUO version you'd have a giant scripted, cheating mess on your hands. You basically would have trouble competing if you'd continue using razor if you're a regular skill player.

However, as far as I'm aware neither of the two pvp shards still allow you to use unchecked UOS or Krrios. It's either UOS with features disabled, Sallos instead of Krrios or back to Razor. I'm not completely sure what can be done about EUO though.

Coming back to the main topic now. I kinda have to echo @Mandevu. Over the years I have recruited around 30+ people to start here, most of them pvp players out of the EU/Europa/Drachenfels community and not a single one of them is still playing despite others and me helping them in every single aspect of getting established. To be fair, the majority no longer plays UO in general but some still do on other shards. The complaints I've gotten were almost always the same: no action, ping blows, no alchy bonus, dexers suck, can't stay up till midnight or later for action to pick up. As Mandevu also indicated word of mouth spreads around and it is getting harder to even recruit people and have them try it out.

The fact of the matter is that it is 2017. UO has a limited playerbase and for one reason or another a majority of pvp oriented players are established on other shards with no intention to leave. Quoting myself here, I know but in my opinion that's the way to go and we all should appreciate the server we play on for what it is and what it is not.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Erza Scarlet and One like this.
  3. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

In theory. Is it possible for third party programs to be programmed to be responsive to in game spells and actions and have automated responses, eg If poison is cast>cast cure>target self>if mana is below <=?>Drink G cure etc etc?

So that every spell or action is immediately automated and rebuttled /defended?

Because if so - LAME & Boring.
  4. Eugen

Eugen Active Member

Autopot, autocure and stuff like that have been used since the very beginning and I don't really see the advantage of using EUO over using Razor macros for that purpose. On freeshards it's more about sync dumping, running clones, explo pot usage, lots of looting related issues and the ability to fully automate not just aspects of pvp but pve gameplay in general. Basically both EUO and UOS allow you to write far more advanced macros/scripts/bots than you could ever hope to create with Razor.

I have to say though that some of Razor's basic features are very similar to those in UOS and could also be considered automation if you want to be mean about it. We're talking things like opening doors, spell queue, auto unequip hands for casting/potions, range check, et cetera.
    One and Sheepdog like this.
  5. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

I hear ya dude, thanks!
  6. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

7. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Steam makes thieves, Gods. You think people hate thieves now, let them get their hands on steam lol. I 100% agree to not allow those programs here.
    One likes this.
  8. Cheapsuit

upload_2017-10-26_0-29-29.png
    upload_2017-10-26_0-30-2.png

These people definitely don't help any smh. Roaming to well known unattended macroing spots killing naked people with nothing more than store bought instruments. :)
    I guess this is pvp as we know it.
  9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Reva is doing a good job stopping vile musicians that force the innocent creatures of Sosaria to attack each other. Imagine being trapped on a boat or in a cage and being forced to fight your friends for hours on end, and you realize who the real villain is!
  10. Cheapsuit

Yeah he's doing a great job keeping people macroing at banks even longer to keep them off the field. One bully for Reva!
  11. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

If you didn't forge a bad relationship with characters like Reva here, and you could just easily macro nonstop to GM pvm characters and make pvpers to hit the field, what sense of rivalry would you have providing incentive to pvp? You're most certainly going to remember Reva now, and you will see them again, or learn who their other characters are. Pvm and rivalries like these is what fuels pvp in UO. Pvp traditionally is a product of competing for pvm and other resources, but it suffers due to comparitively low player numbers on freeshards (compared to OSI in 98-2000). You couldn't macro as easily on OSI and everyone here that played at least worked up their first many characters, only resorting to macro later. The fun was playing the game remember? If you can just freely macro here, and there is no competition for pvp, why even pvp? Why even make you macro? Have telamon give everyone some 7x skill balls if PVP can somehow manage to create itself right? Well it cant.
    Isabel, Cheapsuit, Rextacy and 5 others like this.
  12. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

13. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

Only reason I don't pvp is because of statloss it makes pvp pointless. I don't have the time to keep macroing everytime I die.
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  14. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

So make 2 or 3 pvps with same build...When one gets a stat loss, macro,..Hop on another PvP toon and head out! It's not difficult, just annoying. this being a excuse to not PvP is weak
  15. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Do players get stat loss just from dying at the hands of another player in general, or do they only get stat loss if they have 5 or more murder counts? If the latter is true, why would you chose to only PvP with red characters at risk of stat loss?
    El Horno likes this.
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

1. Being faction only regulates your targets to opposing factions only (see: fewer targets)
    2. Being chaos/order only regulates your targets to opposing views on the Virtue system (see: fewer targets)
    3. Being blue and not in either of the ^, regulates your targets to grey/reds and the occasional blue (see: fewer targets / macroing counts)
    4. Being grey momentarily regulates your targets to mostly weaker opponents (see: fewer targets and because your pvp is weak)
    5. Being red regulates your targets to almost everyone

and reason number six for "Why would you chose to only pvp with red characters at risk of stat loss?" is.....

6. Because going HAM with violence, speed, and momentum is the only way
    One likes this.
  17. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That's pretty impressive if someone is PvPing so much that they cannot find sufficient opponents in the categories you have listed above, plus things like duels and CTF. However, assuming this is the case you'd think that with so much practice their skills should be so refined that they shouldn't die very often (assuming they have a decent internet connection and route to the server), and that coupled with 3 accounts and the tendency to remained logged in to earn plat anyway should make stat loss more or less irrelevant.
  18. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

If I don't wanna macro them back up, why would I want to make 3 chars?
  19. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

I believe he means macroing off the counts as a ghost while PvPing on another character...
  20. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

You
    You stated that you don't have time to macro the stat loss... 3 pvps will allow you to PvP while ones afk macroing making using your time more efficient.