This one boat prevents boat mining for several miles.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by slida, Apr 22, 2018.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

In a way, I think he has a certain point about the blocking...

What if someone wanted to block off a stretch of land in a choke point for say, pirating purposes? Those boats would probably get removed for restricting travel... so, I get the frustration, but , eh, whatever.
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

First of all, I don't know how that inlet is 50% of all minable tiles from a boat...but I doubt it.

Secondly, as @Althorn said, there are plenty of other veins to go mine. If they blockaded a rare spawn, or something that would otherwise be impossible to get, then I may consider your concern valid. As it is, you can mine the same types of ores in hundreds of different places in the map. Including A LOT of boat minable space in the Lost Lands.
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  3. DaemonOfSiege

DaemonOfSiege Member

On retail, you ran into unattended boats all the time. The ones out in the middle of the ocean that you could sail around were left there and considered legit. EA and OSI, felt that the boats helped stop the 8x8 macro method. Only when a boat became a roadblock that couldn't be traveled around did the GM's consider removing it.
    I personally saw unettended boats deleted by gm's, enough to create an opening, when my guild tried to blockade the tera sanctum. The guild that came to raid our champ sapwn, was able to get the GM's to delete 1 unattended boat, just enough to allow them passage. I spoke to the GM and was informed that because the boats were unattended and stopping access to an area, the boat was subject to deletion and that had I been on the boat, alive or dead, the GM would have not deleted it.
  4. slida

slida New Member

This is a social game, is it not?

The admins are currently working on an addition to the game, moats, that is completely unnecessary. Since the addition of moats only effects players that own structures in which they can be placed, and since any player that owns one of these structures probably owns more than one of them, it really only matters to a small group of players. I couldn't care less. But, obviously, this small group of players have complained loudly enough about one particular exploit that effects no one else, that someone is taking their own personal time to program something new into the game to appease them.

This is not some personal dispute that I'm making unnecessarily public, I just found this one thing particularly egregious and worthy of attention. This area is obviously of value to people, or no one would have bothered to block it off in the first place.
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I just want to add that:

1.) This is a good ideology to have about the game.

and

2.) That is one heck of a boat bargain! BUY

If you do something like make a wall of boats that blocks access to Occlo or something players actually have to go and have no other option, then telamon will tear it down. I've tried to build a wall blocking the "infinite channel" fishing spot and got shut down on that. elhorno (while mad about this very same boat wall) tried something similar saying he was going to block Occlo and was shut down. Those are very different than a few tiles of mountain being blocked off that will eventually decay.

I could put a boat right here:
    [​IMG]
    and totally block off a spot of mountain where nobody could possibly bother me, and nobody would have any problem with it until they decide they also want what I have. Being in that mountain area isn't necessary, there are thousands of other places to mine, that's life.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  6. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

BO

And yes, I'm serious if you are.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

Ever hear of a moongate
  8. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Apparently not lol. Replace Occlo with a place that doesn't have moongate access.
  9. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

nevermind, i get what you mean now
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  10. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

As serious as a heart attack homeboy! Hmu
    PaddyOBrien likes this.