Thoughts on adding Metal Armor Paint Tubs to Renaissance

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blaise, May 31, 2014.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

take the existing leather tub code
    add itemid's for all metal armor

go for easy if you hope to ever really see it in game

1 guy's doing it all and right now, he's quite busy
    One likes this.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The other ores will still always be useful because they get used in BoDs more than literally anything else and this isn't likely to change.
  3. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

Expanding on using the OSI "enhancement" option.

Make it so enhancing items costs Plat like the faction smithy options that cost silver. Then add 4 or 5 hues to each metal type for enhancement options (Purple or any other color can be one of them, just attach that hue to a metal type). This would be just like they are in the leather dye tub metal hue options. So when you go to "enhance" you pick your metal type and your item from the smithy menu. Then you attempt to enhance. If successful, you get another menu with a few hues attached to that particular metal to choose from. If you fail, you lose your item and the plat for the attempt.

I thought maybe since the Enhancement options were already around at one point, it may be easier to implement them than creating something from scratch (unless metal dye tubs were a thing ad I just don't know about them).

I'm not particularly for or against the option to change metal armor colors. If it was available and affordable, I am sure I would use it and wouldn't really care if people ran around with funky colored armor... It would actually be kind of nice if the value on these items was high so killing someone wearing them could be profitable... But it's not available... Soooooooo...

Wake n Bake for the WIN
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I understand everyone's desire to add some complex system to allow this, based on the sheer nature of complexity that exists within UO. However, it is ridiculous to consider anything like that warranted when a paint tub would not only be simple and easy to code, but completely in line with what already exists for other armor types. Let's not reinvent the wheel to balance the options, just because it's possible.

Just like adding gargoyle shovels, maybe make the chance of a paint tub be 50/50 where you have a chance for a leather dye tub. Plain, simple, straight to the point and no new guide needed to explain it.
    ReZon, Alice Asteroid and Eldstorm like this.
  5. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

And keeping it ore based colors will prevent outlandish color schemes. One of my favorite acronyms...KISS, keep it simple, stupid.
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't push back if it were a paint tub limited to ore and faction colors. Not that me pushing back would accomplish anything... but just saying.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Because the leather tub is limited to hide colors? Let's be real for a minute here please. The colors are ALREADY OUT THERE. If you're playing ignorant to that, then you have literally nothing valid to cite in this conversation. Leather or metal, the color options should, and can be, the same. Seriously, login for once and tell me you see outlandish leathers and maybe I'll consider your opinion in that regard to be valid. lol

If we're keeping it "ore based colors" then we might as well normalize the AR across material types, as suggested in my other thread.