Time to be a casual gamer

Discussion in 'Knights of Sosaria [KoS]' started by Lightshade, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't know how many times I can say that it was the final straw of bales of straw and have people like you, who do not at all know what they're talking about, keep focusing on this single straw. You do not know what you're talking about at all. I have told everyone that matters what has been going on for months. They are not going to publicly say anything as it should be handled behind the scenes and serves no purpose making a spectacle of it. That is why I kept everything in PM's. That is why I did not further comment in IRC. That is why I simply stated that I was quitting in the forums. Everyone else keeps doing their best to make this worse than it is.

Shame on all of you that have done so.

That certain people are not intelligent enough to understand that is somewhat disappointing. I'm sorry that I do not consider some of you as someone that matters, so you're out of the loop.

I have spoken with most of the higher ups from the old guild and friendly guilds and its all being taken care of as soon as we all discuss it.

As I have told everyone that actually matters, whenever I walked into the guild hall of KoS I was humbled because it was not my masterpiece. It was not some hopeless power gamer with no life that built it. It was not some guy playing the game 24/7. It was not a small, highly organized group of people shutting down all aspects of a certain part of the game and milking it for all it was worth to buy more trammel.

It was over 100 separate people contributing to a cause. It was over 100 real people over the years, some that have come and gone like me, that all worked together to build it. It was the good guys fighting the good fight. Someone else will have to take up that stewardship as I will no longer facilitate it anymore. How and who runs the group after I leave hasn't been decided yet and it will probably be under a new guild. Fools who have no idea what they are talking about hurling insults publicly like they know anything are making this unfortunate situation infinitely worse, though.

Certain people attack my character about this one incident, while relying upon knowing that I will not publicly trash people like they do. Certain people made it a public spectacle when I did not, then blamed me for it.

You certain people are first rate cowards.

I will continue to keep details in private conversations because these certain people's actions have been, and continue to be, no good for the server in relation to so many issues, this one included. Continuing to hurl insults at me again serves no good, and it certainly does not encourage me to rethink things. It simply solidifies my resolve to leave.

Certain people attack my character, but besmirch their own with this nonsense.

~ L / S
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    TheDarkOne and Mes like this.
  2. Lightshade

Take Care, @Xegugg . I hope things get sorted out for you.
    Azoth, Mes and Xegugg like this.
  3. Tyndall

Tyndall Member

Iago, It's pretty obvious that both sides carry some of the burden here. I do hope that Lightshade will come back and put everyone back on the stone.
    Darkwing's decisions aren't infallible and no one expects that. That being said, I've recently visited some other gaming chat rooms and it was total chaos so I understand the reasoning behind the rules. I've never seen our IRC channel out of control or ridiculously abused and that's mostly due to the moderator and partly due to "training".
    I just wanted to comment because it appears that you are placing all blame on Lightshade and that's not really fair in this situation. Yes, we have all seen the texts and are still seeing the "play by play" action but we can't know all the reasons and why's.
    Anyway, I personally would like to see a handshake take place and bring LS back to KOS.
  4. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

@Lightshade: If getting a 15m ban from a channel for telling a channel mod to fuck off is a straw which broke the camel's back, I'm going to be pretty suspicious of all the other bales too. You were correctly sanctioned, which was little more than a wrist-slap if that, for telling a channel mod to fuck off. You want me and others to give a HUGE benefit of the doubt without anything more than what looks like a childish tantrum and a "trust me, I have actually good reasons for throwing a tantrum."

Be honest, if a member in KoS or in your IRC channel responded to any of your comments with guild or channel rules with "fuck off," what would you do? Given past instances and how you handled them, I'm going to go with a little more than a 15m time-out.

If you told all the people you cared about knowing, you wouldn't continue to respond here but you do. You just expect everyone here to hate on Darkwing without you presenting any evidence at all and the evidence we have makes you look ridiculous. Well, of course people are not going to use evidence which you haven't mentioned or explained, but which totally exists and provides support for your actions. You're not being reasonable at all, but you're expecting everyone to just trust you that you're acting reasonably. If anyone is a coward, it's the person who vaguely attacks others in red text without having the balls to call them by name or explain the grievance. That's not a good look.

Anyway, sad to see you leave, wish you would reconsider, but I think you're too invested at this point and your ego won't let you turn back. Good luck to you.

No one is claiming Darkwing is infallible in all his decisions, but I don't see that Darkwing did anything wrong in particular here and don't see how he deserves any blame for a player throwing his ego around in a tantrum and expecting good results.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    [Qi], Meradin, wylwrk and 1 other person like this.
  5. Lightshade

I kept my issues private and walked away quietly by simply stating that I was leaving, others continue to try to make it public fiasco and in the terms of another observer...." a melodramatic mess". The others seriously are doing this server a disservice in continuing on in this stupidity. At this point it is clear that the others are every bit the detriment to this server that they are attempting to make me out to be. The same people, doing the same things, though. Not surprised at all.

Take care, folks! :)

P.S. Some cool pics from outside at my property this morning. Don't be afraid of the light, folks. Go outside and play some if you're that upset over me leaving. :p

[​IMG]
  6. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

If I thought you were a detriment to the server, I wouldn't be sad you were leaving or trying to talk to you to see some reason (and hopefully stay). I don't think anyone thinks you're a detriment to the server, but that doesn't mean we don't think you're acting silly here. Anyway, sorry I turned your quitting thread into this. My first comment was in response to the many other posts in this thread and not to you specifically. Good luck!
  7. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

i dunno why u guys takin harrower-change-become-rich staff ass lickers like iago and bart seriously
    BlackEye and Mes like this.
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

If anyone thinks this is a one incident decission, I think they are really short sighted and don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Anyone who knows LS knows this was a long time coming. I am sorry to see a VERY good friend of many years walk away, specially when I was just starting to dabble in playing again.

Good luck my friend, and may your fields always be green and your beverage cold. Enjoy life. We'll be in touch.
    Lightshade, TheDarkOne, Atiki and 3 others like this.
  9. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

PFR quitting thread volume II
    Bamilus and Xegugg like this.
  10. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Your a legend LS good luck to you. Hopefully KoS members will regroup under a new leader and the tag will live on!
  11. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Fucking casuals. .. jk

I am not surprised at the reason you're leaving/left and hope you find you in another world sometime. You probably won't know it's me until it's too late though.
  12. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member

Ive quit servers from the slightest nudge only because it was time for me to take a break. I highly recommend not giving your stuff away or letting your properties fall. Feel free to block off the entrances and friend me so that I can assist your friends in eternally refreshing your homes. Best of luck to you and see you in 6 months when the itch comes back.

This being a guild thread I don't see why admin response is needed. This place should be a clone of trash talk and trade rules. Only intervene if admin response is requested by OP or Guild Master.

I have noticed, for the past few months, the double standards over on #Ren. Either the rules need to lighten up or staff needs to abide and enforce them in their entirety. There is a difference between a 5-min political discussion (which staff have participated in) and 1-hour of Mindless droning on about those fine beats and booming bass drops.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Meradin, Xegugg, wylwrk and 4 others like this.
  13. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

At times like this, it's always helpful to remember that DarkWing is just an IRC bot created by Wodan. (I will not debate this.)

This. Every time. But we often try to pair it with some sort of self-righteous justification and cathartic moment to help make up for the fact that we're just realizing we spent the last year killing tens of thousands of Elder Gazers instead of volunteering, learning a new language or exercising. Anyways I'd have written this in Latvian but I need to hop off the treadmill now and head over to the soup kitchen for a few hours. Laters!
  14. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

es redzēt jūs tur!
  15. Pork Fried Rice

Seeing this thread made me log into Pork Fried Rice for the first time since my house drop event. Originally intended to convert a few RPVs of Chris jailing me and my gang multiple times while admitting no wrongdoing was done officially. Heck, one time he jailed me for doing the UO dance (macroing war mode while retraining my PK).

I'll crack some skulls for you LightShade.

PFR.jpg
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

17. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

18. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

*Wanders off to Shame to hunt harpies*

"Gee, it sure is nice being able to hunt here in the mornings again. This is awesome! No one around to pk me! *looks around* Wait....There is a disturbance in the force.....a faint smell of chinese food. Nah, it can't be..... can it?" :p
  19. Pork Fried Rice

We'll see. My accounts are in shambles just the way I like them. Kept one of my 10 blessed runebooks but naturally it's all town runes ... it'll be a bit before people smell fried rice with a side of eggrolls.

Luckily I did keep all my regs, kegs, and lots of pot.
    Tyndall, One, Bamilus and 2 others like this.
  20. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

I've got your entire Dungeon rune book collection. I may be missing one... If you would like them back just let me know.
    I kept them together incase you returned.
    PaddyOBrien, wylwrk and Bamilus like this.