TO PKers

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Rextacy, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell Member

If I am pking someone, I am more likely to dry loot if they DONT report a murder, and bounty at least 1 gold piece.
    I will only kill pets from now on, if they are used to attack me.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Rextacy and Kalvasflam like this.
  3. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

It's not a problem at all, Nefarius. I havn't been PKed for about 10 years now (well, at least not in UO), and tbh I really enjoyed the excitement! I wouldn't bother to farm in Dungeons if there wasn't any risk! I consider that boring, and excitement and involment are the main reasons I play UO.

Well, if a PK decides to dry loot me, kill my mount and chooses not to me ress me or resskill me, its o.k., really! They choose to play bad guys, so why not behave like one? Mabye they are roleplaying, I don't know. I don't hold a grudge. It's "only" a game. And being an asshole ingame doesn't necessarily mean being a douchebag in RL.

And after having been playing MMOs like WoW, LotRO, FFIVX etc. I really enjoy that death doesn't come free.
    Perrin, Deacon and One like this.
  4. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

It does help you and make you more aware of the shard/players. I agree. Thanks for the tip
  5. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel ya buddy. Some sort of povo and/or tamer is nice for first character especially starting out on this shard. Even with one or the other, the ogre mages are hard to get but that is for a reason. Plat coins Peculiar meat can be obtained by them.

I actually learned alot by everyone on this thread starting off and i am glad that i have posted it. Guys are all providing great advice. Much appreciated!
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Kalvasflam, One and El Horno like this.
  6. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Do you think real life serial killers look at their victims and say to themselves, "Nah, I won't kill him/her, it's not a challenge." Or do you think they just don't really give a fuck and there really isn't an explanation as to why? Deal with it o_O
  7. One

One Well-Known Member

Hazey, BlackEye, wylwrk and 2 others like this.
  8. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Something like that..
    One likes this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

too many cooks
    snap dragon and One like this.
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

PK World Tour.png
    Vandalin and One like this.
  11. Doomtrooper

Doomtrooper New Member

This is all very confusing information. I just started playing last week, or 9 days ago I think. My young player status ended on day 2. How do I get another 452 hours of young player status?? And how do I start in Occlo? It always starts me in Brit no matter where I choose on character creation.

My problem is mainly the blue PKs. I always have my finger hovering over my recall home macro, just waiting for the first sign of red text on my screen. But I'd wager I've been killed by way more blue chars than murderers. Blue chars that just stroll up and attack you while you're fighting something else are pretty much impossible to get away from.

I've started just recalling away any time I see anybody at all, which sucks. You guys really aren't making it easy for new players to want to stick around.
    Shosara likes this.
  12. YarboJanks

YarboJanks New Member

type [young

and it will bring up a prompt to start young status, click the big green button and it will teleport you to Ocllo.
    Shosara and One like this.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member

14. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

UO was always about risk, about something unexpected happening (often in the worst possible moment), about reds who turned out to be very nice and helpful guys, about blues who look innocent at first glance but stab you in the back once you turn around etc. To me, that's what makes the game feel so alive. Just stick with it. You will struggle a lot, you will experience frustration, but in the end you will be rewarded with incredible game depth, with the best mmorpg out there and probably a lot of good friends! All the best to you!
    Soma Holiday and One like this.
  15. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Well-Known Member

PK's make the world go round. Not many things match the rush of being surprised and attacked by a red name. At least they're red!

The ones I can't stand are the shady blue characters. The other night I was approached by 2 blues (I'll keep them anonymous) that just gave me a bad feeling. I aborted to Ocllo, leaving my arctic ogre lord loot and blade spirits behind, and quickly ran out of town. Low and behold these guys engaged my blades, and I got hit with 2 murder counts. I went back once I wasn't grey only to find 2 cowardly corpses around the corner on the floor. I mean,...to each their own I guess? This is some weak ass shit though.

Much love to my red ones! You guys are doing it right...

And to the original poster, or anyone else that's new, I'll gladly go adventure with any of you! You keep the gold!
  16. Pandemonium

Pandemonium New Member

to the dude who tried to cast lightning on my mule in minoc, that was dumb and yes i looted everything and you should get uoam cause the healer shop is 3 screens away but thank you for the vanq wep btw yes im drunk you coulda owne my mule any other time and yes im drunk yes my abs are real and yes im drunk af good day uoers
    Vandalin likes this.
  17. Pandemonium

Pandemonium New Member

btw to go with the post its the blue pks that are the real girls on the server, if your red atleast we know whats up to the blues that are just sneaky bastards thats some chump shit go ahead kill me take my 5k or regs or whatever you want your still a chump you just go to sleep to get rid of a charge someone said risk vs reward blue pk is crap murder timers should have always been longer than 8 hours to avoid this type of pking, back in the day we had it poppin on lake superior shard and if anyone is from lake superior hmu private message peace out
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hazey, Newt, PaddyOBrien and 7 others like this.
  19. Pandemonium

Pandemonium New Member

@wylwrk lol good morning you made my day already.. my bad you guys i should stay off the forums after i been drinking lol but literally laughed my ass off this morning very funny very funny
    wylwrk likes this.
  20. Pandemonium

Pandemonium New Member

*UPDATE* ok i musta been really drunk cause he didn't cast lightning on me it was the guards coming in cause i got a note from him on my doorstep explaining what happened. yeah I can help you out so if anyone knows Jake from Minoc (not statefarm) have him hmu! lol