TO PKers

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Rextacy, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Taliic

Taliic Well-Known Member

At least your abs are real
    wylwrk and Pandemonium like this.
  2. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

im not sure if i believe that.
  3. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Amen Brother, just 3 hours ago when i was on my way to work, i saw Krake Online and he invited me to P'S after we missed each other for 2 weeks or so, we were happy chatting near the Guild stone and 2 Blue come up and killed us literally out of the blue. i left my dead char right there since i had to go to work but if i had known a 2 minute trip to the guild stone would end up with me in the dirt, i'd at least banked my vanq weapon :D

where is the fun in PKing as a blue one? how on earth do you convince yourself that what you are doing takes skill or anything? on top of that i was looted dry, which is why i decided to just close the game since i had to leave for work and i wouldn't be getting any loot back anyways... oh well.

anyway, tl;dr: Blue PK's are boring and ridiculous.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  5. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

I actually like these guys. Whatever reasons they may have for not simply going red, they spice this game up a lot. It's this unpredictability I like most in UO. I was hunting White Wyrms a few days ago and a blue came over. I hadn't seen him before and we had a good chat. He then left for a hour and returned in that moment, when I was just trying to tame an albino white wyrm. He suddenly went "Ohh, WTF? An Albino??" and immediately started attacking me...:) I didn't die to him, but I died to my own pets (-> next time I will make sure to clear the target queue ;)). Nevertheless, in the end I managed to get the albino and my heartbeat went back to normal. I love UO :D

Sorry for your loss! I do not have a lot of vanqs yet, but I have several power weapons. If you need anything, just PM me.
    One likes this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member

7. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

one are you tater salad? :p
  8. One

One Well-Known Member

9. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Noob question (I never PKed and never had a red). PKing with a blue, you would have to choose your targets wisely, right? In order to get the most out of it? As I understand you will need 5 (shortterm) counts to become red? So you probably wouldn't spend those counts on afk targets?

Edit: @One, are you "the predator"?
    One likes this.
  10. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

it depends how long you spend on it at once...

it takes 8 hours to work off a count so you can kill 3 people in a night, stay logged in for 24 hours and be back to 0 counts. or kill 5 people for 1 night, leave it logged in for 2 days and do it again.
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  11. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

@One: I guess this did come across as whining, that wasn't my intent.

I am just a little miffed right now since all this happened while i was going to work so i was on the edge of my seat looking on the clock because i had to go anyway. I was just happy to have finally managed to sync up with @Lord Krake after two unsuccessful weeks, and while all that was going on this pk'ing really annoyed me more than usual. No rezzing as well, and like i said, dry looting. All of this while standing next to the Guild stone and obviously talking about joining etc.

So blue killing in that situaltion just ticked me off to no end. I get it when you want to make some money off of it by killing someone who farmed a good amount to get their money, but all they got from me were all my "convenience items" in my bp and my wep.
    Lord Krake and One like this.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

Kalvasflam likes this.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member

Lord Krake and Shosara like this.
  14. Damalar

Damalar New Member

Always willing to help a new player, msg me and ill show ya some tricks
    One likes this.
  15. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Well-Known Member

Hardo alert
  16. One

One Well-Known Member

17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

PVMing Zero F*cks Style

While PVMing, kill everyone that rolls up to you. If you go red, oh well.

Thank you,
    - Bhat Mayan
    One and Damalar like this.
  18. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Ill chime in on this because I had a different perspective on what happened last night with @Shosara, and I was just tagged in this post.

Okay, first of all, I am sorry that we got jumped Shosara! What a crappy way to start off with a new guild. You join the stone and 30 seconds late you die! Ha. Oh man.

A number of things about that encounter that I want to bring to light, and I'll just do it systematically. None of this is a passive aggresive movements towards you; you are in PS now and if I have anything to say I wil just tell you straight out. These are just the observations:

1. This is Fel. We will die. Anywhere and everywhere.
    2. I saw the attack coming. We were being scouted from the moment we met in Skara. I even told you "Watch out, we might get jumped by ::name redacted::"
    3. While we were at the stone, the two blue PvPers were gated in by their scout. I was in guild chat and IRC asking for reinforcements from my guild. They simply showed up too late.
    4. I did not ban the two PKers who came into our public keep because I was okay with fighting, and dying, right by my guild stone. What kind of GM would I be if I just banned the trouble coming after me instead of fighting?
    5. Being rezzed and only having a few items taken is a courteousy here that I think we all have gotten a little too use to. I expect to be dry looted every time I get PKed, which is not often, and when I am rezzed and left with rune/recall scroll or regs its really a compliment that I dont expect often.
    6. After you logged out, my guild FINALLY showed up :). We had 6 characters and 15 tames gated in. But alas, the murderers had fled.
    7. I have gear for you. Val dexx suit and vanq axe. Connect with me and I will get it to you. You are in the guild now, and we take care of our own.
    8. Being killed in our city does suck, I hope it doesnt happen again or often, but again, this is Fel.

let me know if there is anything else I can do for ya.

~Krake
    Lyta, Shosara, Namarra and 2 others like this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

20. Namarra

Namarra Active Member

One likes this.