To the "Resist House" contributors!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by jence, Jan 8, 2014.

1. jence

jence New Member

Hey!

So I don't know if there was already a post dedicated to this topic, so I apologize ahead of time for posting inappropriately. And I'll try to keep this as short as possible. :)

I've hopped from freeserver to freeserver over the past few years (heavily from 2007-2009). I was recovering from a back surgery that required a year in bed, virtually, and had nothing else to do. It took a full two years to finish "fusing". So I tested out countless servers (even staffed on a couple, helped develop, etc). Unfortunately, I only really found one "home" where I REALLY amassed a ridiculous amount of wealth, rares, weapons, etc. It was literally the perfect server, except the staff and owners ran it into the ground.

I bumbled around some more again in the early part of 2012, only to last on one for a few weeks. None really grabbed me (I obviously didn't find this one!). Fast forward to Monday night (CST) and my buddy called me, suggesting we give it another shot at finding a place. I googled some things related to UO:R and T2A, and frequently happened to find this website in the search results. I browsed the forums first and foremost, just to get a feel for the population of the server, the type of people, etc. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I downloaded what was needed, ran around, gained a little skill, called me buddy and figured we would set up shop here and hope it lasts this time.

Now, this house that has been set up to help the rest of us gain resist is hands down the greatest, most generous in-game endeavor I've ever seen in a UO community (and I've played UO a TON). The purpose of this post is to officially thank all of those that have took the time to set the macros, buy/transport the supplies, resurrect the dead, keep them healed, answer seemingly ludicrous questions from people like me ( :) ) and the like.

In my extremely short amount of time here, I have had a fair amount of interaction with staff and players alike, both in IRC, on the forums and in the game. And I have to say that I'm, frankly, blown away by the willingness and almost eagerness of the vast majority of players/staff to help us newbie nerds out. I know it's just a bunch of people on the internet playing an outdated game, but it's really good to know there's still some decent people out there!

I'm very optimistic about UOR, again, even with the short amount of time I've been here. I'm taken back to 15 years ago just by opening the client and hearing the music. I can only hope the friendliness and fairness of the player-/support-base here continues, just to make UO even that more enjoyable.

Thank you for reading, and I'm sorry it got so long.

Ben
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Glad to hear you're enjoying it here. As always, feel free to pay it forward when you become an established elite by helping the new players that will continue coming here forever and ever :D
  3. jence

jence New Member

Oh, and so everyone knows, if anyone cares, I'll mainly be lollerskates- in game and IRC. :)
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I love that uo music too. So much nostalgia.

One of the major contributors to this resist session is a retiring player Gideon Jura who posted his goodbyes and talked about his family trials with his son who has angelman syndrome. It may be worth reading at your leisure. Gideon ran a new player housing project ever since I was on the server where he provided housing to new players.

Welcome to the server!
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome aboard!

UOR does have some pretty great people on it. Well, you know, as good as a Felucca shard can be of course.
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Welcome to the shard! I can basically echo your post and confirm it really is as good as you think here. :)
  7. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Yes, this place is truly terrific!
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Despite my glaringly obvious rage at my detractors, rest assured, it is for sport. At the end of the day, I'd buy a round for any one of these nerds if they were in my RL neck of the woods. I'm happy to coordinate and support these sessions along with the many other hands involved. HateCrime is the founder of such events and the people of Renaissance are what keep them going and keep this server growing.

I look forward to partying with and/or against all of you in the field some day and let's all look forward to more people coming on board and another session by springtime at the latest.

Hail UO:R and welcome all ye newbies. :)
  9. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

I can't speak for everyone but it's attitudes like yours that keep a lot of these guys doing what they do. Again, welcome to the shard and I look forward to working alongside players like yourself to make this place the best UO experience possible.

*Seriously considers funding an RL Blaise/Matron meet-up*
  10. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

This was my first resist session here, for the most part ever, and it was fantastic. I have to thank all those involved for my 3 newly GM'ed characters that had some work in on them and my 99.0 and 78.3 future pvp characters who went in raw. The wife GM'ed 2 as well. Amazing. Count me in for a donation to the next one too.
  11. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Will gladly make my way down to the yoo ass of eh for a drunken meet. Preferably Colorado so I can feel like I'm home ;)