Township System. Ultimate gold sink suggestion.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Talon Karde, Oct 30, 2017.

1. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If this would allow me to make yew great again and stick a stables adjacent to the bank, then yes. yes please.
    newme likes this.
  2. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

No, Just No.

Appreciate the energy and ideas...

"How about you let me send you some code to install on your computer, cool right?"

No?

"Then drop what you are doing and recode it yourself..."

We got too many desired, wanted and approved changes in the pipeline right now... Coding Challenges booked up till 10th anniv.
    Cheapsuit, newme and Hoominaga like this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    newme likes this.
  4. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Ya but that is on Telamon's side of things. We just discuss the pro's/con's of the idea itself and let Telamon figure out if and where it would fall on the list of things to do. It would be silly to stop all discussion of new ideas until the todo list is empty.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

OptimisticSam, newme and El Horno like this.
  6. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, couldn't you actually build walls in the townships too @Talon Karde ? I think it costed a lot of lumber and they could be damaged / repaired as well.
    newme and One like this.
  7. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Yeah he never asked those things or anything like what you're rudely suggesting. Yes the code is already done but obviously if this was ever considered after the myriad of other changes in the works, I'm pretty sure Telamon isn't just going to insert someone else's code without reviewing it first.
    newme and Rextacy like this.
  8. Talon Karde

Talon Karde Well-Known Member

Yes, you could build walls inside the borders of your township. Either to keep those illegal aliens out... :p

Or to decorate inside your township around certain houses, etc. It was very very cool!

Ummm, I didn't suggest this at all. Merely that the system was fully coded and it wouldn't require a lot of Telamon's time. Which I figured was a huge pro in a suggestion such as this for him and this server. I get he has a bunch of other stuff in the works, so I have suggested a system that I feel would be incredible for this, server, economy, RPers, event planners, city builders, PvPers seeking hotspots, etc. etc.

But thank you for your opinion!
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    newme, One, Rextacy and 1 other person like this.
  9. newme

newme Well-Known Member

You all have valid points.

I didn't say recalling into dungeon wasn't an option, I said running from a pker, ending up in a town with recall turned off.

The cost of it would be on the guild. Which means more than one player would be footing the bill for whatever the township needed.. Which would make turning off recall, building walls etc, much more visible cost wise.

Also, I would like to insert this option. That having a township stone would not be the only way players can establish a town. I feel the player run towns of UO have a long history without any kind of stone, this way players wouldn't have to be uber rich to enjoy creating a town, village, whatever name chooses.

Again. Thanks for the thread, always fun to hash around new ideas

:)
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  10. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

*shakes head at the panties in a bunch crowd*

One day I will learn to stay out of these threads

*leaves the thread before the rudeness is really released"
    newme likes this.
  11. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

WHAT THE FUCK. Where do you people come from?.. I’m done. Done with these forums. Fuckin A man. The sheer volume of ridiculous stupidity followed by a sea of tears because the only handful of logical people who are equally as sick of the endless bullshit that a large portion of you spew on here EVERY SINGLE DAY, is simply astounding. Every day. Every damn day there’s at least 20 posts on here that make my mind want to bleed from my ears, and then everyone circle jerks together around the stupidity, patting each other on the back and applauding, “oh great idea man! So unique and creative! What a wonderful load of shit this is!! I have no idea what I’m even talking about, but my God here’s my opinion on why we should ask Chris to code this useless pile of shit in!!!!” :D:D:D

Fuck off.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Hoominaga, One and LanDarr like this.
  12. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Maybe instead of being toxic and an absolute asshat. Give constructive criticism and maybe if u actually read the post. It is already coded and a few tweaks would have to be made for it to fit the server properly yes.

But again the idea is good. It gives us something to pour money into and creates more teamwork. So instead of maybe shitting on the whole idea give constructive criticism. Your post? It helped out nothing at all towards the creater of this thread. Maybe it made you happy to write this but it absolutely fucking useless. Dont have anything proper to say then get the hell out of this thread?
    Ghosted, Cheapsuit, Romru and 2 others like this.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member

Cheapsuit and PaddyOBrien like this.
  14. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

First reasonable idea I’ve seen posted in a while. Thanks @One.
    Ghosted, newme and One like this.
  15. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

Seriously, why do you think this section of the forums exist? And why does this section exist come to think of it, if nothing ever gets changed?