Trammell

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Kochampftt, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Healing is what determines if you succeed or fail a bandage. And it provides the majority of the amount of damage healed. Anatomy provides a smaller role in determining how much is healed. It also provides a small damage boost to your weapon.

I guess if you're planning on resurrecting people then 80/80 makes sense. But from what I hear of these cave trolls, it sounds like you'll want to ensure you don't become a ghost yourself.
  2. Lethius

Lethius Member

Sounds like good advice. I did start my miner with 50 smithy and tinkering. His mining is up to maybe 40 now. (I've been here a week only!)

Will I be able to kill them with that template? I'm sure gonna try! I have a sometimes ridiculous warrior complex. I once killed an ancient wyrm with my axe-fighter, though it took me 1.5 hours :)
  3. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

I haven't fought a mountain side troll yet, they may be easier.. I wish you the best of luck and be sure to hit me up with any questions you might have.
    Lethius likes this.
  4. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

Meeeeeeeeh ! don't put blacksmithy on this char.

Mining does not affect the return from smelting _ITEMS_ here. Smelting items has a fixed 50% return ratio here.
    So put Blacksmithy on another char ...
  5. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

AFAIK, Mining is needed to be able to smelt higher level items. It may not effect return rate, but I wasn't able to smelt above DC with 0 mining a few months ago.
  6. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

This is correct.

You absolutely need mining to smelt anything higher than Iron, thats been turned into an item as a blacksmith. Its not a dealbreaker if you aren't planning on doing BOD's, but if you flip bods, its a necessity.

Also, Kochampftt, the EA thing isn't really up for debate:

Whether it was publically acknowledged or not, EA has had their hands in the Ultima series since long before Ultima Online. What do you think the Guardian and the black gate generators (that conspicuously looked exactly like the form of EA's logo at the time...) were meant to represent?

As others stated, the two biggest problems with Trammel, and why they don't exist here, is that the splitting of the game crowd into two disparate groups creates a void and is damaging to the community as a whole, and that the risk of farming is nullified and it becomes a pure item grind. These are two things that destroy what made UO great in the first place, and as such they have no place here.
  7. Lethius

Lethius Member

This.

In my time on Siege, I played the role of a knight of justice. We patrolled the land to protect miners and hunters and villagers from the predations of other players. It was fun for us, and everyone, because it had actual meaning and impact in the game we played. It made the game about human interaction and human choices.

I was once invited to a knighting ceremony on another server, in Trammel. We made characters, a few of us, and attended the ceremony. They played 100% of the time in Trammel, and afterwards, we talked about this - if there is no real choice to do wicked deeds or good deeds, how does one become a knight in that context? By waiting patiently in line to kill a monster on your turn? Courteous speech?

In my first day of UO, when there was only Felucca... I tried and died a half dozen times to escape past the PKs at the gates of Trinsic to go and bash bunnies with my little dinky practice sword... but it was FUN. The day my house key was stolen and was attacked and looted by a gang of thieves in black robes and we lost all our stuff and fought all night to defend it down to the last footstool... was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Trammel becomes a risk-free game of whack-a-mole.
    Felucca becomes a place where a few scattered PvPers/Pks wander around looking for something... anything... to kill.
    Game goes to hell in a handbasket.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  8. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Great comment and so, so sad that its true.
  9. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Liberation said:
    Brittney spears is more successful than Talib kweli, discuss.

Brittney has boobs though........
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

11. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

i wouldn't say that it's objectively true.

my point was that there is more than one metric by which one can measure success.
    imo massive followerships and endorsements by nelson mandela are both valid ways to measure depending upon what your goals are.
    corruption likes this.
  12. Lethius

Lethius Member

13. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Once you dig into the server you'll see there is actually plenty of Trammel here already. Instead of a moonstone, it's blessed runebooks with CY runes in them. It's blessed ethereal mounts. It's trade protection from stealing. etc., etc.

I personally think it's a good mix.
  14. Lethius

Lethius Member

Without mount-fatigue or bolas, those Trammy ethereals don't bother me any. :D

I don't have any issue with blessed runebooks, its a perk, not a huge advantage. I personally don't have any such thing, having them in the bank or at home is a minor inconvenience. I suppose a good thief could steal my safe rune... and my backup rune. And the one I keep in my shorts.
    Jupiter likes this.
  15. Wil

Wil Member

Waste of a blacksmith since you need blacksmithy with carpentry and carpentry with a handful of other crafting skills.

Ditch blacksmithy for lumberjacking and get swordsmanship instead of macefighting on your general gathering character. The lumberjacking gives a nice bonus to axe fighting and you can use the same axe to harvest wood.

I'd also ditch healing for 100 anatomy and a halfway decent resist.

-Wil
  16. Urza

Urza Active Member

For a guy who wants to be a trammy so bad, could you please spell Trammell without the extra L.

Also, I leave if trammel is added. Not to mention the majority of everybody else. Somebody get this guy a sucker.
  17. Lethius

Lethius Member

Trammel... sure, you can go out to play, but...

[​IMG]
    Ningauble, Jupiter and Urza like this.
  18. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

lol look look look i was saying it as an accuracy of the times thing not as an i want trammel here now thing. lol you guys crack me up. i spent many years in a land without trammel i know the ropes i've played ultima since ultima exodus on the nes ((otherwise known as the nintendo entertainment system kids)) .
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

TRAMMIE!!!!! :p
  20. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

There are places you can dungeon dive without being harassed
    Trammel split the player base

And in the spirit of mining...
    (not sure why this reminds me of UO ;))