Treasureman's Trove Fishing Tournament, Jan 26th-29th

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Zyler, Jan 20, 2017.

1. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

2. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Ahirman likes this.
  3. MrCandyMan

MrCandyMan Active Member

4. Too Old For This ...

Too Old For This ... Well-Known Member

does that really matter if this fish doesn't classify for the prize?
  5. Esponda

Esponda Member

6. Aragorn - OCT

Aragorn - OCT Well-Known Member

I've got family to enjoy all day today so I'm probably finished with the tourny. It was a ton of fun.

Spent probably 14 hours fishing as GM, hauled in some great loot, but never caught a single fish!

I still don't believe they really exist. You all are making this up. :)
    Zyler likes this.
  7. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

There may be Fishing Feats not accomplished
    All fish weighed in and in the Log qualify for the prizes (of feats not accomplished)
    I need a screenshot of the fish weight in order to add it to the Log
    Thanks
  8. Delavego

Delavego Well-Known Member

9. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

What's done is done. I can't fish anymore before the tourney is over. This is nail-biting shit right here!
    Ahirman likes this.
  10. PaperSquirrels

PaperSquirrels Well-Known Member

@Zyler I never win anything! WOOO!!! (aka Gyarados)
    Zyler likes this.
  11. Too Old For This ...

Too Old For This ... Well-Known Member

12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Very nice fish
    The 200 stoner is still eluding me; I've caught a 1 stoner
    PaperSquirrels likes this.
  13. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Thanks
    If I take your word, then I have to take everyone's word. Under that scenario, what's point of posting a screenshot =)
  14. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Kanger woke from his daze and surveyed the decks it was time to reflect on what had happened since the great Saint Zyler announced his latest assault on the deep in the name of the lost “Treasureman”. Lost, is that the right word Kanger wasn’t sure as the rumours abound said that Treasureman had transcended from this mortal plane to the realms of the gods. First on the list there was the mad rush to prepare the Rods and insure that Hagen’s Cruiser was fit for the wild oceans. Thankfully the vessel hadn’t suffered in the dry dock and was ready for the off, then there was the mad rush procuring those “special fishing nets” thanks to Franz Pfniffel for supplying enough to start the tournament, as always, when dealing with Franz, Kanger always went by the mantra “don’t ask where they came from, you really don’t want to know.” And then he was ready for the off. As the Cruiser was launched Kanger’s Friend – A Giant Fish – arrived and asked if he could join the expedition as he was 2 points away from GM fishing, Kanger though for a moment before accepting the offer of company, the seas can get mighty lonely out beyond the horizion.

A Giant fish had brought along a few cases of liquor to sweeten the deal so how could Kanger refuse.

Departure.jpg

A few hours into the expedition they had been beset by the Darstardly SACRE BLEU and her evil pet Energy Vortex. I guess that makes them famous, as the 1st and 2nd PK victims of the tourney. Sacre Bleu did apologize and admit that it was all about the glory or was it some type of feat.

1st pk victim.png

The fishing had been slow to start with but the liquor kept spirits high once night fell the real action started. Kanger lit the lanterns and advised giant fish he’d better load that crossbow he carried. Not a moment too soon either as almost instantly they were attacked by all manner of monsters from the deep. The piles of empty bottles grew and every time Kanger set his nets they were torn to shreds. The carcases of the fallen lay all around blocking the forward momentum of the boat. It was about this time unbeknown to Kanger and A Giant Fish that Fish must have GM’ed his fishing skills, the 1st they knew of it was when all of a sudden A Giant fish was transported through the ether directly to gaol. He did not pass go or collect 200 gold pieces. It was a fair cop they had missed the prompt.

After spending 5 minutes in the big house A Giant Fish was free to go, “fair well Highlander” he said to his cellmate and left hopefull in the knowledge that he planned to never visit that cell again. Kanger muttered in the wind “VAS REL POR” and opened a magical gate between his house and the boat to allow A Giant Fish back onboard. Alas this was not to be the last trip to that cell as within a matter of hours a giant fish was saying hello to Highlander again. Note to self .. stop the macros while using the mens room, don’t believe you can trust your children to watch the game for you.

Back to surveying the damage they had finished off over 100 bottles of liquor thankfully A Giant Fish had brought plenty. While Fish was being detained at Lord British’s Pleasure, Kanger tidied up the boat and completed a trip to Serpent’s Hold to unload at the Bank, hiding little messages in the empties for A Giant Fish to find when he has the job of getting the vessel shipshape for its next voyage.

Kanga_1-27_07.55.jpg

A Gaint fish returned from his 2nd sojourn to the cells ( I pray it’s his last) and promptly tore the Ocean Charts to shreds he will have to clean them up later too. Kanger had also stashed the remains of the nets in the hold for later too.

The highlight of the past few days it’s a little tough to call could it be the sea serpent carrying platinium? Or the Kraken carrying a piece of rope, or maybe that honour goes to holding both 3rd places on the log after St Zyler’s 1st revision. Whichever way he looked at it, it had been a very successful few days

Kanga_1-29_20.12.jpg

A Massive Thank you goes out to St Zyler ( where can we contribute to his Statue) for the organization that goes into arranging , running, updating the logs and delivering prizes to the worthy winners of these awesome tournaments.

I hope all fishermen and women thank St Zyler for these events, it cannot be easy .

Attached Files:

Zyler, Cero and Kirby like this.
  15. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

YES! @Zyler I told you you were St Zyler, the patron saint of UOR Fishermen.

*says a quick prayer to St Zyler*

This! This right here! Perfect!
  16. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Nice story! Aren't you going to post pics of the fish weight though?
  17. Zlo

Zlo Active Member

one more

[​IMG]
  18. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

Franz, I thank thee, as stated earlier none of this would have been possible without you :p

all the fish were weighed in as soon as possible after catching, I have learnt from past tournaments that prizes are given out for seemingly random catch numbers.
  19. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

20. Keystone

Keystone Well-Known Member

I am currently going for the Iron Man award..... over 160 serpent's fished up and not 1 single Stone Fish caught........ however I have nets for days..... LOL FISH OR BUST!!!