Triple Boxing

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Dalavar, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I didn't state that Vella was AFK. But 'of the Wild' typically is. And he's killed 326 forest trolls and over 18,000 trolls. 32+ plat and a statistical (but theoretical) boss statue that I assume would sell for 500k-1.5mil is pretty nice for being AFK.
    Basoosh likes this.
  2. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

So why don't you talk to Chris about this if the person actually is AFK.

Something should be done if someone is managing to AFK some sort of spawn. I apologize as I misread part of your post. I am not going to mammer on about my opinions on 3 accounts and their utilization and taming etc. anymore but this is a very isolated incident and has absolutely nothing to do with using three accounts at a time if this is someone that is AFK and I am sure it will be addressed.

People do not have the ability to do AFK plat farming all over however so I just want to throw that out there. This is one very isolated instance. I won't continue on the risk discussion anymore and again sorry for misreading (distracted forum reading)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  4. Ducky

Ducky Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

My comment was not intended to discourage or deny the need for criticism and improvement, if that was the impression you received from it I apologize.

Rather I was suggesting that criticisms and thoughts for improvement come from active players of the community, not from onlookers that are not actively playing and contributing to the community.

I am not suggesting that you personally are or are not active, but that if some one has decided not to play any more their idea of what will or wont be an improvement would just be speculation at best.
    Maltman likes this.
  5. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I've pulled a statuette the same way, I think it is an excellent example of 0 risk high reward
    Timbo Slice, Basoosh and Melochabre like this.
  6. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

I misread his post.
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is the exact situation that I am referring to. Multiple people are now mentioning this. The core problem is that no one reported this was happening. Was this player attended gathering anything? Nope. He passed every attended check I sent him. Was it a flaw in the design of the spawn in those locations? Yes.

It has been fixed and the rules have been updated to be more clear on unattended monster farming (although it was not 100% the case here). It falls to the players to help the staff be aware of situations like this in a positive manner. I cannot always read every post in a 11 page thread to find the things that are out of balance in the world. We depend heavily on players reporting problems to help make the world a better place.

All 3 troll spawns have been disabled while we find new locations for them. The Harrower will be taken down for maintenance very soon as we prepare for some adjustments to address the low effort farming of platinum that is going on with Harrower spawns.

Speaking on the account aspect this is actually very simple. The reason that UO Renaissance allows 3 accounts is because there are 54 skills that a player can learn here. There are an endless variety of templates and playstyles, crafters, guildmasters, factioneers etc that players might one day like to try. With a skill limit of 700 points 3 accounts give players enough room to make up to 15 characters to explore the variety of fun activities on the server. I can speak to this in more detail but this is not the thread for it.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Lord Oz, Avery, Ducky and 7 others like this.