Triple Boxing

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Dalavar, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Qft!
    hahaha
  2. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

I unintentionally inspired a 5 star post. My good deed of the day is done!

People do not macro for no reason! There is a huge reason people macro, a huge incentive.
    People macro because, in order to compete and cooperate with the rest of the population on this server, one must either macro up their skills, or spend a hundred hours of in game time on monotonous activity (especially for skills like resisting spells or stealth or stealing). Otherwise that person is a dead weight to friends and can't really pvp or anything.

It's sad I know. And it shouldn't be that way.

Why doesn't telamon just make it so there is 50x faster skill gain in dungeons? Then at least you can find living souls outside of occlo town guards for once.

Currently there is no incentive to actually play this game except for the thrill of feeling like a naturalist, and most people don't have a taste for that
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  3. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

UO died... triple accounts killed it!
    swiftfeet likes this.
  4. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Can't people just macro overnight? I don't get why it's so important that people be able to macro an alt while they're playing.
    Clouds likes this.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I'm Gonna 3 (box)
    by The Lamers

When I wake up, well, I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the 7x GM that's better than you
    When I go out, yeah, I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the one that pwns the harpy room faster than you
    If I see a pk, I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the one who recalls faster than you (recall macro!)
    And if I link dead, hey, I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the one who wakes up more pissed off than you

But I would mac-ro 24 hours
    And I would mac-ro 24 more
    Just to be the one who macroed 48 hours
    and then macro some more

Down at Jhelom farms, yes, I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the one who tames more bulls than you
    And in the morning, when people ask who killed them
    I'll pass all the blame on to you
    When I come home (When I come home), oh, I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the noisiest macroing neighbor next to you
    I'm gonna be the noisiest macroing neighbor next to you

Spirit speak, drums, two dragons fighting, cutting cloth, and punching a sheep in one loop!
    Oh yeahhhh!

But I would mac-ro 24 hours
    And I would mac-ro 24 more
    Just to be the one who macroed 48 hours
    and then macro some more

Ha ha ha ha (Ha ha ha ha), ha ha ha ha (Ha ha ha ha)
    Tripleboxing-champspawns-here-I-come
    Ha ha ha ha (Ha ha ha ha), ha ha ha ha (Ha ha ha ha)
    Tripleboxing-champspawns-here-I-come
    Codus, Ragnarok, Vishakt and 4 others like this.
  6. Alice Asteroid

whoa!!
    wylwrk likes this.
  7. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

Its a Masterpiece!

He's tranformed into Weird Al UOkovic

On my rp/naturalist character I killed ogre lords with a medium sized group for nearly an hour. It was a lot of fun. However, my healing only went from 50-50.2 my magery from 50-50.3. My parrying went from 0-7.5 and swords from 0-16.7. I gained three strength. I wasn't exactly scientifically power levelling my character I was just playing naturally but come on!
    How many hours would it take me to get to GM anything at this rate?

This just shows how UO doesn't reward players for grouping up or for playing the game and not unnatended macroing.
    The players who are rewarded by the UO gameplay mechanics are the unnatended macroers and the solo PVMers. (That's why everybody does it). (And I almost want to macro my strength just so I can weild a broad sword. )

It's really silly when you think about it. It promotes a boring play style (playing an mmo alone is boring).
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  8. Alice Asteroid

[UO]: I was killed by triple accounts !!
    Codus, Basoosh, Vishakt and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Alice your sense of humor cracks me up.
  10. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Great ideas, I'd recommend the same thing in pvp with multi-boxing tamers.
  11. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

THIS. Disable auto-follower, active triple boxing is pretty close to impossible then. I'm ok with afk triple boxing, but active triple boxing IS overpowered.

1 person should not be able to run around actively controlling 6 dragons.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  12. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

I think that's a brilliant idea. I'd love to see more mobs that are smart enough (like most of the diffcult mobs) to know that killing the puny little human behind the wall of dragons will end the battle.
  13. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member

"All this has happened before. All this will happen again."

You are all beating a dead horse with a stick; and that horse has been dead since 2005. Many great servers have existed and most of them fell when the administrator caved to the constant whining of a select portion of the player-base

[​IMG]
    wylwrk likes this.
  14. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

+1. I always really liked that song (the Proclaimer's version) despite or perhaps because of the obnoxiously shouted chorus.
    wylwrk likes this.
  15. Nightwolf

Nightwolf Active Member

The online count would drop significantly with only 1 account allowed. When you have other shards that allow 3, they have significantly inflated online numbers compared to you and it's difficult to compete.

I played on a pretty well run OSI Pre-UOR era shard that launched with 1 account per IP with an initial player count of around 40-50. It was cannibalized by other shards that allowed 3 accounts. While I love to romanticize about the idea of players actually having to rely on other players (thats the most rewarding experiences I have), it sadly just doesn't happen a whole lot any more. There is a minority that will stay behind and tough it up, but majority of people give up and move to places more convenient. If you want to be a niche shard that's absolutely fine, but if you want to be a large success it's all about catering to the lowest common denominator. Anyways, I would love to play on a shard with 1 account only so please do it!! I would love to see how the UOR ruleset holds up, but it just wouldn't be such a good idea to have on here.
    Jupiter and wylwrk like this.
  16. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

More than likely that is what started the entire triple account thing, "omg I need a high fake player count" just to get more players to beat the other server with a high fake player account. The solution is not joining into the problem, it is always change. Everything these days is based of fake faggot shit, try being honest and authentic you never know it may be just what people are looking for...

Donald Trump is leading the republican party by far, why, because hes not a fake fucking cardboard candidate.
    Maltman likes this.
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Religion... you forgot to mention something about religion to take your post over the top!

Otherwise 8/10

Codus likes this.
  18. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

What shards do you speak of and what happened?

I am curious for myself, but also people might actually listen to you and quit "whining" if you were less vague and told us all some great horror stories of player-base suggestions ruining everything.

All the shards I've been on it seems like nothing ever changes and everyone just leaves eventually after the shard peaks.
  19. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

Well the first Page was a Great read, but this devolved into a horror shit show, as the reason for this post, and I know I was not the servers first Major triple box tamer. But merely the first to master actively playing them together on 1 screen, and finding a way to reap immense benefits. As several people have stated in this post and in IRC over the months, managing to do what I have done is no easy feat. No one here presented me with results ( from their triple boxing ) that even presented a true threat to the economy. If someone wants to do triple the work and not make triple the money, why not let them? At harrowers, yes, it is far too easy. Maybe triple or quadruple the amount of teleports to the harrower or even go crazy and do it 8x to see how hard it is, I think enough people would be willing to help test this ( aka dying for hours baby!! and im GLAD to help with that, it also really doesnt change harrower that much ) resulting in a lot more alternate accounts getting instantly smashed if not attended to with LIGHTNING speed.

As for all of the changes advertised, Nothing really presented here besides Limiting EVERYONE to ONE account would ever do anything to slow down my triple boxing.

If checks for HP/Stam counter example 1.
    Constant movement erases Exmaple 2,unless auto follow is turned off In-game.
    Again constant movement mixed with constant commands, Or commands based on HP ( if spamming commands somehow starts to get you targeted )
    Example 4 can be countered by mixing build(s) in your triple box template, typically dex/bard mage/bards (provo for total control)
    Example 5 Is beat by ... BEING INVISIBLE ;) .

IF checks for HP and just manually healing on your main. in regards to stealth, not to mention immediatly rolling Reveals Via a hotkey once i see enemies vanishes.

Constant movement mixed with built in mini heals will easily compete with EQ's, Special monsters? ill just run off screen till he's almost dead, leave my pets to the roll of fate

I have 12 Mares and manage to loot 100's of k an Hour. you need to learn movement, again no one has even begun to show this aptitude so idk what the complaint is.

The tethering Idea I really like and if the coding is simple i feel that is the biggest and most devastating blow you can make to triple boxing for all but a few triple boxers. I would love to keep my damage as pumping out champs solo is my forte, With skill you literally never stop killing besides the most minimal of breaks, but if you and 10 friends cant do that....you need to work on teamwork!

I have personally never had a great experience at a holiday event with triple boxing(besides hiding in houses at Halloween, which no BOSS mob was ever in, just the little single plat dudes. ) so that is not my problem and that is all NonameAllstar's department.

to both of you at once, Fun and easy? i think its the only challenge left in UO on this server and I am sorry that it has brought about such a heated debate, i also think it is also therapeutic at this point in my UO career, almost mind numbingly easy to triple champ.

As for massive amounts of gold and plat? i have not yet seen anyone make an insane amount of gold or plat from champs ( besides harrower from tripling which tethering sounds pretty bad ass for.) , Everyone i have seen running a triple tamer was rich ages before they decided to make tamer 2 and tamer 3. Maybe you mean the Triple fisher's or miner's or Boder's who are the real rich people on the server. and Even with all of "dirty" triple boxers, the value of basic thing's has virtually not moved at all, plat included, in my 1year here. Super Trammie Items Not Included.

Hehe Porky You clearly have not met Vella Angry Cupid, Xion, Archi at a spawn. We use One screen With No alt tabs ( dear lord who could alt tab between 3 chars with 3 razors mumble automap spotify irc going ). I do agree Micro-management is the key, More Monitor's or Widescreens do make it super easy but Unneeded for my results.

If you aren't making more than 180k an hour you are really wasting ur time triple boxing. Just saying. 60k an hour is the norm for one, so if you can't show up the results you really are putting too much work on yourself, and that is to everyone but Mindless you had a perfect quote :) and im on a roll.

I would Simply hold still and lure spawn to myself while moving as needed along the edges to maximize kills/minimize the distance the mobs have to travel reducing chances of dying. in the event of Public spawns i would find a nice corner and do the same thing! but yes you would ruin Jupiter's time.

Amen. End of Post. My Uo screen.png
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This makes me gravely concerned for the well being of the shard in relation to the tenets it was founded on.