Triple Boxing

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Dalavar, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

*vomits across the room...*
    *shoots self in head...*
    *shits self...*
    GAME OVER
  2. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

As much as I like vella.... the whole "would ever do anything to slow down my triple boxing." is complete bullshit... "Would ever STOP my triple boxing maybe".
    Alice Asteroid and Basoosh like this.
  3. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

unless you are proposing monsters that 1 shot someone ( so era accurate ) nothing much more difficult is possible. Sorry folks
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

The game isn't the challenge.
    The player base is.... capable of being a challenge.
    Ragar and Alice Asteroid like this.
  5. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

I invite you to be a challenge, Someone is going to die when you come to play with 12 mares tho. hopefully a little of both of us :)
  6. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

seeing as we are not even ( and no one on this server is ) on par with my triple boxing, I think im more than comfortable saying nothing presented here would really be no more difficult than taking on every champ spawn alone in every capacity. Lord oaks triple negative faction tamers? lol done noob

you are talking to someone who Lives for the Hardmode of Games. Hardcore Diablo, Brutal Sc campaign, Diamond league sc2 player. Pianist for 7 years , several typing courses, every elder scrolls game all the way to the right ( yes its doable look it up nubs ). This ancient game can not present a challenge ( for i have played other servers providing much more of one ) . I still think account tethering plat rewards is the only via option, for all we know welfare plat on 3 accts will never go away :).
  7. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Getting off topic, but...

What does 'all the way to the right' mean in the Elder Scrolls mean? I'm curious.
    Ragar likes this.
  8. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I've never played elder scrolls, but imagine that it's probably some sort of difficulty adjuster and all the way to the right is the highest difficulty maybe?
  9. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    wylwrk, Ragar, Jupiter and 3 others like this.
  10. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

I just don't buy what you're selling...

You know... you could try PVPing on an actual PVPer instead of 3 tamers... that might be a bit of a challenge.

Wanna take it a step further? Change factions and go up against the self proclaimed top dogs (SL) ... boom ... MORE "CHALLENGE".
  11. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

Lol you would be right to assume it means its insanely hard, and it is.

since no one here is talking about pvp, we are very clearly talking about pve, gj
  12. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Mindless kind of sniped my point here, but yeah... I don't really follow. There's a million ways to challenge one's self on this shard, other than waiting for Chris to make new monsters and figuring out how best to say "all kill" and point at them.

I understand the argument of "triple boxing should stay because it's not that profitable", but I don't really think "triple boxing should stay because it's the only way to challenge myself" argument.
  13. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

I dont consider playing one client very difficult.

Isnt everything about this thread about making it harder for triple boxers or if that is a possible feat within UoR era Accurate context? and I think we have all played hard and well a Solo character in UO, it only goes so far and it only can do so much. I have done the "solo" content this server also offers.
  14. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

I meant to quote this before i said, You would be right to assume its insanely fucking hard. and it is. It's just a difficulty modifier.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Maltman likes this.
  16. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

[​IMG]since its becoming America's new favorite insult.
  17. Dalavar

If you limit yourself to what is directly and obviously "offered" to you, you will certainly find yourself lacking in challenges.

If you actually want to challenge yourself, you will come up with your own challenges and pursue them. Try to win a deco contest. Try to win a Night of Horrors instance. Try to beat the Christmas challenge without pets. Try to beat Gideon at a scavenger hunt. Try to win a fishing contest. Try to build a valorite runic hammer. Try to kill monster X with template Y (where Y does not equal a tamer).

There is such an absurdly large number of ways to truly challenge one's self in a game like this that claiming a lack of challenges is only a sign of a lack of creativity.
    Ragar, Blaise, Mindless and 1 other person like this.
  18. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

Lol would you like me to remake my disco dex'er and show you how to solo a purveyor with just daemon?
    sorry fishing sucks(opinion omg!) , yea cause christmas scrolls lay around all year. same for halloween events. Deco sucks (opinion omg!) I have done enough crafting in UO to choke 5 elephants, you ever tried to make +20 jewelry for every crafting skill? took years, just like our valorite runic hammer (lol ill just farm 1.5mil in half a day and be done tyvm) and sure I could make myself more and more pathetic until i was literally capped at 50 skill with 25str. somehow that just sounds dumb. Nothing about this thread is about limiting yourself so much as an attempt to limit all triple boxers. Glad you finally have a place to vent about getting owned in that tamer quest.
  19. Dalavar

Would be cooler if you did it without deamons, but either way I think it would be cool to see a video of that.

Can we get back to the discussion of profit/rewards?
  20. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

Liked by the guy begging for triple tamer tips ( mindless , and half of the community ). Lol I think 20 years of fucking around with shitty builds has lead to triple boxing being the only bastion of difficulty left. and you know what, I multi-box Eve. A modern MMO Rpg about space and one client is still boring and undemanding. So maybe its just that we process games at a different speed.

If you want people to play one client the answer is the same as it was when the very first MMO came out. Make a rule. Enforce it. Ban those who can't listen. nothing to do vs a VPN tho so you face the same problem everyone has ever. It is purely illogical and stupid to think playing one client ever yielded more profits or ever would be able to. but you can try. till you die.