Triple Boxing

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Dalavar, Aug 6, 2015.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I bet if Vella concentrated hard enough he could go super saiyen.

You're officially "that guy".

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I dunno Vella, I have yet to hear anyone say "Man, that guy Vella is amazing. I just don't understand how he can manage to run three tamers following each other." It's like saying Recall/Macro Mining is a great challenge or 3x fisherman simultaneously. You build macros, you adjust to suit circumstances, learn what manual intervention is necessary and then ride the fucking gravy train. If you expect anyone to believe that you still find it challenging, I think that's amusing.

I challenge myself by trying things that are difficult in ways that I'm not familiar with. PvP is probably the best example, because I'm bad at it and have to remind myself that my preferred template is not challenging to me. I'm not invincible as a dexxer by any stretch but I have a lot more to learn playing as a mage in a group.

To each their own of course. The original Triple-Boxer here is Aris, who lived in the EGs with unbonded tames for a long time. The big stink is that triple box tamers are the be all end all now because of the sheer damage output, tanking ability and most significantly mitigated/negligible risk of loss.
  3. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

Lol Lets all grab sticks for the gunfight! Sorry im not interested in playing the same game for 3 years to get rich.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This gunfight never existed on OSI. You'd get raped so fast trying to run multiple accounts at a spawn, it's laughable. With the population we have here and the risk you actually face with those templates, yeah, it's doable. If you had to replace those dragons/mares when they died, like everyone expected when they came here in Beta, you bet your ass you would be running a single tamer to have the best chance for survival.
    If there were a real healthy population here, not just 400+ idling for plat, you wouldn't be able to cope with the PKs and everything else, on three accounts.
  5. Maltman

Maltman Active Member

pick one
    wylwrk, MikeK and Alice Asteroid like this.
  6. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

over time it became easy. imagine that?
  7. Ducky

Ducky Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I don't really get the issue here, so people go hardcore triple boxing tamers and may or may not gain more gold per hour?
    Any one could do this if they wish, and even so why should that bother me?

Personally I have 0 tamers and I could care less what other people are doing with their tamers, accounts and farming practices.

Don't find UO challenging? Find a Rubiks cube or something, life offers an unlimited amount of challenge waiting just for you.

This is all opinion, if your offended by it that's not my intention, in my view if you want to balance three tamers and solo a champ, go for it, doesn't ruffle my feathers.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Ragar, Sir Billy, Fin and 1 other person like this.
  8. Codus

Codus Well-Known Member

sooooo i was all aboard the triple boxing band wagon... but Vella - you need to calm down cause you're not helping your own cause here buddy, acting like a spoiled child.

Seriously tho, I think if the server lets you do something - do it.

In a game when i can break into your house and take your hard earned stuff ... you can't really complain about anything, including people utilizing the ability to play 3 chars at one time. Fishing w/ 3 is no different then BODing with 3, is no different then taming w/ 3, is no different then sitting at a bank w/ 3. And (almost) everyone has 3 logged in at all times becuase... WELFARE PLAT (What what?!). So you can't fault someone for doing what YOU CAN DO TOO - run 3 tamers into a spawn and collect that phat lewtz, son. Shit, even Jupiter duel boxes his RP's sometimes.

Now if you can't.. If you play a mac.. or a computer that is older then a 1997 game... or you only have one hand... then that sucks and i'm sorry. But back in '99, the guy with a cable modem always killed me on my phone line connection. What was I going to do about it? Nothing becuase life isn't fair.
    Ragnarok and Mindless like this.
  9. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

Spoiled with 500k+ an hour? Lol yep
  10. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Then why don't you guys whining about triple boxing go do all that stuff and not worry about triple boxers?
  11. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

If you're asking me... that's kind of my thing, right? That's why I had a valorite hammer and a pack of kickass hell hounds and six different pirate AMIB ironman trophies for six different character templates and a rune library that has books for things like rock formations and all of the bridges in the land.
  12. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

Howabout just make vet work like healing? I mean 3sec healing at 40 dex is what causes triple boxing to be easy. And for those that say it isnt hurting anyone, the economy would beg to differ. None of us purists can participate in any online auction, cuz we like the challenge and difficulty UO provides us.
  13. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I have a feeling you have never triple boxed. 3 second healing at 40 dex is NOT what causes triple boxing to be easy, in fact it has almost zero role in the effectiveness/difficulty of triple boxing. Very little vetting going on when your pets smash through stuff in a matter of seconds.
  14. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

Youre correct. I like a challenge.
  15. Astragon

Astragon Member

This happens to all MMO's as they age. Over time the amount of players in the player base that have done the early, mid and late game many times over exceeds greatly the amount o players that are still enjoying those parts of the game. When this happens the developing focus turns to end game content to keep the largest part of the player base happy. Further, it becomes a goal to get people's characters to end game status as quickly as possible so they can experience the new content as it is added. Take WoW for example, which has been giving out free leveled characters with expansions. I can remember when OSI started selling advanced characters as well after UO started to age.

My apologies if someone has already pointed this out, I didn't read the whole thread.
    Basoosh likes this.
  16. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

Lol so wrong in every way, vet makes triple boxing work flawlessly. If you actually want a challenge and to pull immense groups of monsters not just pussy foot around a champ and blow up 1 monster at a time. And if you aren't vetting while triple boxing just like if you aren't making at least 200k+ an hour since I am double that, you are unskilled in triple boxing and really have no say in how it works or doesn't because you aren't even on par with what's available. Thread is mute there is nothing to do to make it harder without dismantling the core of uoR. Telamon will do what he can beause even he knows the plat is what can be fixed without breaking the server and he will do it.
  17. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

400k per hour does indeed sound like hard-mode. How are you supposed on live on such a pittance? Shoot me a PM when you hit 1M/hour if you want to join the Classy Club.
    Ragar, Fin, Heretic and 3 others like this.
  18. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

19. Astragon

Astragon Member

Threads are always mute. At least, I have yet to find one that could vocalize back. ;)
    Mindless and Basoosh like this.
  20. Vella

Vella Well-Known Member

Heheheheheh and still you will try