Tripple boxing has found factions

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Felix Jaegar, May 5, 2019.

1. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Just curious how do you easily deal with faction guards?

EDIT: i continued to read the 2nd page.

faction guards are just as lame as triple box tamers. the fact that pets and summons cant attack guards and guards can be spammed is insane.

if you all keep up the lame tactics(triple box pvp/guards) your all going to be so salty at each other and just end up not playing factions.

i guess that is the faction life cycle. Have fun at the start>dirty tactics in order to win at all costs>everyone quits.

hope you all can do better then the previous generation good luck!
  2. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

I pulled a few to my golem traps in North Brit, locked some in my tower, and left another group in the caves to the North. Just don't attack them first and let them stay aggro'd to you.

Dealing with them on Mag is much harder I'm sure.

Either way, anything that's not straight up team fighting is pretty lame, I agree.

My only point is when there's Blue tamers assisting in town fights, there's nothing we opposing factioners can do. The faction guards, however annoying, are at least managable, and can be killed.

Hope we can get more straight up team fights before it falls out again.
    merlin8666 likes this.
  3. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Same ol' factions.

Same ol' problems.

Same ol' UOR.
    UrinalCake and Ruck like this.
  4. chacha

chacha Member

Eh, no one in minax is laughing at anyone, only thing we are doing is trying to avoid your drama and kill orange.

I agree using blue tamers is not even comparable to buying guards within the faction system. Guards are easy to take care of, so instead of crying about guards in factions just lure them away and kill the players. Ez
    RavenMagi, crazydaze and Zandak like this.
  5. SekZ

SekZ New Member

The dragons from the blue attacked your daemons once, but it was pretty irrelevant to the fight overall... And you had left the daemons behind without attacking anyways.
    I guess you can appeal to Telamon to make daemons blue? or something. I don't know. Maybe summon air/fire/water elementals instead.

That or just push in with the daemons (which is what they are usually used for).

The real problem is with the CoM base.
    There is no real choke point or base -- just a bridge that always has at least 2 ways to walk through a given area or otherwise has 4 open tiles or more.

We're basically forced to fight in town most of the time, and there will be blue tamed animals or blue interfering peeps if the fight is in town not to mention the enemies spawning guards inside our base and such.

In this case, that's also why the dude had an ebolt macro loop running by the bridge. Takes mere seconds to just run as a thief and run away with the sigil. He left it running so noone just runs by for free. He also turned it off and stopped after you guys complained it was an issue.

Edit: one other note on the blues interfering in town, the other day one of your guys had a blue alt and was stone walling me in on the TB bridge during fight... If we complain about every micro aggression, we won't enjoy the game really. I just let it go without saying anything and played around it.
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    WarrenBuffet and SativaGreen like this.
  6. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

All faction bases and the surrounding area should be out of town so if people want to bring their blues they are subject to PKing, in my opinion.

Magincia should be like Buc's ruleset and figure out something with Brit Base.

_____

Either way, good fights.
    Let's try to keep it fun and avoid any of this drama.
  7. SekZ

SekZ New Member

Yeah good fights.

I agree about moving them further out of guard zone -- Red chars physically cannot join CoM lol. They get insta killed no matter what if they try to get to the join stone. And I tend to forget mid fight and explo pot combo in town a lot (see screenshot on page 1 lol)

See you in game.
  8. crazydaze

crazydaze Well-Known Member

Grats on cappin' some towns. It feels kinda nice, don't it? :p
    Hopefully see all you oranges again on the field. Fun fights while i was on earlier :)
    Xavant_BR and Salick like this.
  9. SekZ

SekZ New Member

Yeah -- I think next cap I'm going to stall the sigils out so they don't all go corrupt on same day.

Let enemy recap a few and see if we can stall them out by passing back and forth so we have more regular fights/objectives rather than just 1.5 days per week.
    WarrenBuffet and crazydaze like this.
  10. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

How about opening a conversation with each other instead of making these posts?
    CoM and Minax have come to an agreement to not use guards, not use blues and no reskilling - everything else goes including dry looting

just fucking talk to each other guys, the challenge of faction isnt to take the sigil - it's about sustaining it as healthy pvp environment as it should be. Below some more screenshots of what this could look like.

@CoM - you'll lose your magincia sigil soon enough
    Wolfgang_5-2_06.49 (2).jpg Wolfgang_5-2_14.18 (2).jpg Wolfgang_5-5_19.13 (2).jpg Wolfgang_5-5_19.17 (2).jpg Wolfgang_5-5_16.17 (2).jpg
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Xavant_BR, SekZ, crazydaze and 4 others like this.
  11. WarrenBuffet

WarrenBuffet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Can't wait man! ;) (being for real not sarcastic)
    this three days thing kinda sucks for real :(
  12. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

I need those 3 days to buy brownie points off my wife (Ania) so that i can play through it - see you soon
    WarrenBuffet likes this.
  13. SekZ

SekZ New Member

Hah, man trying to get people to go in the choke was rough -- poor Balian was straight ballsy no hesitation at all

Nah! Take it personal, every death is a statement about your value as a human!! REEEE
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    midgetbob likes this.