Troubleshooting Razor & Client Problems

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Chris, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Deas Gu Cath

Deas Gu Cath Member

Yes to compatibility and Admin, and no to any system changes. I've tried a few different versions of Razor as well.
  2. yancar

yancar New Member

Can anyone confirm that forcing the screen resolution thru razor options works with Windows 8?
  3. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It works with Windows 10, no experience with 8.
  4. yancar

yancar New Member

Okay so I figured out the issue, I had a previous razor directory in my D:\ and when I deleted that and reinstalled razor everything is working fine although I don't believe the reinstall was necessary, the previous razor directory must have been there from a couple years ago, regardless, it is working.
  5. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

Any ideas how I can stop my Razor macros leaving spurious "?" characters in my speech buffer? If there is a better place to ask this question, please let me know.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

speech buffer?
  7. Azerothian

@wylwrk Speech buffer. That line of characters on your screen that *usually* you are typing and then your toon speaks it when you hit enter. In this case though Razor adds misc invisible characters or "?"s to the speech buffer that come out as "?" when you hit enter.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

doesn't sound like a razor caused issue at all to me

this sounds like an alternate language issue (likely japanese or chinese) coming from your game files or even rarely your machine

does this happen all the time?

if not, next time it does note the first two words or series of letters (from hotkeys)
  9. Azerothian

I was told it was Razor macros that were to blame. If I remember to backspace the blank or ? characters it is ok. It only happens when I have recently hotkeyed a razor macro.

It happens a lot therefore.

I do not understand your last sentence.
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I'm not understanding you... especially your use of the word "buffer".

Are you saying that you've hotkey'd letters/numbers on your keyboard to macros/skills/spells etc and using them puts "??'s" in your chat bar?
  11. Azerothian

Just forget I asked if you are just going to pick me up on my language which is relatively standard computer/programming/macroing language and mostly accurate English.

All I asked was what "if not, next time it does note the first two words or series of letters (from hotkeys)" (sic) means as I cannot parse that into English.

So shoot me I am a retired programmer and trained copyeditor/proofreader in British English.

Whatever.
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

good luck with that
  13. musicano

musicano Member

What about this, when trying to open razor. I am running in compatibility mode, I do have settings set to never notify, I've even tried reinstalling razor, but I still get it. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I get it right after I click okay in razor.

[​IMG]

I get it right after

And just so people can search for this, if I ever find a solution I'm going to text it out

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at Assistant.ClientCommunication.Load(String exe, String dll, String func, Void* dllData, Int32 dataLen, UInt32& pid)
    at Assistant.ClientCommunication.LaunchClient(String client)
    at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  14. Voltroth

Voltroth Active Member

just looking for some help here my laptop runs uo fine but my new desktop does not i have huge lag problems and flashing light in the background and my ping is averaging around 400-500 but my laptop is run off the same network but has no lag issues
    dennozz likes this.
  15. Azerothian

I can't resist! "Hi @Voltroth. How's your stronghold?"

/me runs away
  16. Azerothian

Well, it WAS a razor issue. I just had to make sure all of my hot key bindings had "Pass to UO" unchecked and the problem went away. So much for your language nitpicking @wylwrk .
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

18. Icewalker

Icewalker Active Member

So I looked briefly I didnt see anything related to my problem, all of a sudden today I log on my char, and everyone in game is naked, and my backpack is bright red in the paper doll. Then about 2 seconds later uo crashes.....

Past 6 days since I started everything was fine, now all of a sudden this is happening... no idea...
  19. Majinko

Majinko Active Member

Just incase anybody else is having this problem, this happens when you have multiple clients open and don't Save Desktop. In UO you can set a SaveDesktop macro.
    Or just use Razor for your Macros and assign them to keys. That'll keep this from happening.
  20. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Well-Known Member

This is what Razor looks like on Windows 10. (Just FYI - for anyone out there suffering with this horrible machine.)

Upon Opening Program:
    razor3.png

After Clicking 'Okay' = (a.k.a. Gameplay Window):
    razor4.png

Upon Right-Clicking Shortcut:
    razor2.png

After Selecting 'Properties':
    razor5.png

Note: I've never been able to successfully force my game window to the larger size, even when following the guides here. If you've done it on a Windows 10, please share.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Azerothian likes this.