Ultima idea: desert (name) quest

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Duz-luk, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

Include a whole new map that is a large sprawled out desert
    Mobs appear out of nowhere on this map, directly out of the sand Tremors style
    The desert heat makes hp/stam/mana drain by 1 every ??(TBD) second
    eating can temporary stop hp loss
    drinking can temporary stop mana loss
    nothing can stop stamina loss
    you will still get too full to consume food after a set amount of times eating or drinking (like always)
    There will be a caravan trader located somewhere that sells food and provisions, including badages, regs, and such
    There will be a small guarded settlement known as Oasis located at an oasis (who'd a thought) that will have basic town amenities (bank, inn, tavern, etc)
    Oasis town guards will cary scimitars and looks desert-y
    In oasis there will be a palace with a sultan sitting on a thrown
    The sultan will hand out a quest called the "Crippling Sands" quest

Crippling Sands Quest
    The sultan has decreed his land is in danger from an ongoing struggle with the Ophidians and Terethans
    The Ophidians have mostly relagated themselves to a small ruin somewhere on the map
    However
    The terethans have been attacking caravans and caring off pack llamas to their dens for consumption
    They can not stay in these lands!
    Upon request of the sultan you are to track and kill the 4 voracious and evil beetles that are behind the terethan advancement
    You will have to find and route out these insidious vermin in order to bring peace to the land
    A warning though...it is rumored that something far more evil and treacherous lies under the sands should the beetle lords fall
    -end scene-

Possible rewards for quest
    platinum doled out similar to champs
    slayers, magic armor/weapons, the whole shibang
    a 1/75 chance for a new dyable and named beetle mask to drop from the final boss (new art)
    newme likes this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Interesting idea. Having a Sultan (another King type) might upset Lord British, He is Liege of the land.

Also would demand an extreme amount of coding etc. Remember, everyone volunteers here and has real life jobs and families, this is done in their spare time.

Although a fun concept to imagine, not sure how visible would be for this era and server.

Thanks for posting, always good to hear other folk's ideas.

Marjo: Governess of Wispfelt Village

Westra on IRC
    Duz-luk likes this.
  3. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

When I get some free time myself, I would like to dive into the community development resources section and learn everything. I love creating scenarios like this but as you said, it would take a massive amount of time, testing, q.a., and such.

When I come up with ideas like this I feel compelled to share them on paper, lest I forget them.
    newme likes this.