Ultima Online: Charter Edition (Beta, T2A and AoS as well)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This is one of my nerdy "cherished" items. I posted this on someone else's thread awhile ago, but it got lost in there so I wanted to move it to it's own post for my own reference if nothing else.

After I got the UO Charter Edition back in 1997, I put the box on a shelf in my room and there is sat for 20 years until I picked it up one day while at my parent's house taking my son down memory lane in my old room.

My dusty UO Charter Edition box. It's seen better days, years of some heavy books sitting on lid made it a bit droopy in the middle (like all of us now 20 years later) after it ended up in the bottom drawer of an old dresser.

[​IMG]

The original receipt. Saved my money up. $100 pre-paid back in 1997. That's like $160 if purchased today. I'm outside the return policy.

[​IMG]

The CD itself, nothing fancy. Used once, put back in the case, never used again.

[​IMG]

Reference guides on how to use the website, and how to get going in Ultima Online. It's fun reading the instructions, the system requirements, etc. Here is a link to the Ultima Online Install Guide seen above. Here's the reference guide.

[​IMG]

I still take my responsibilities as a Charter Citizen very seriously, even to this day.

[​IMG]

The cloth map, probably only the 4th or 5th time it's been unfolded like that.

[​IMG]

The cool UO pin. This was lost for a bit we found it in an drawer full of randomness long forgotten about a few months ago.

[​IMG]

The famous artwork we all recognize. It's in perfect condition, has rarely seen the light of day. I should frame this and that UO map.

[​IMG]

Just some ads and such that came in the box for other Origin products.

[​IMG]

Bonus, my UO Beta disc. So many great memories.

[​IMG]

I guess I lost the box, but I remember when T2A came out. I missed most of it though due to Counselor/Seer activities. Hitting T2A here on UOR was seeing some stuff for the first time.

[​IMG]

This is where I ended my UO career, I bought this but never opened it. It's still sealed up.

[​IMG]

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share these with everyone.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    gitchu1000, shad, Hollywood and 13 others like this.
  2. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

I remember when my brother brought this home. That cloth map was pretty sweet. I kind of wish he wouldn't have trashed all of it after I left home.

Thanks for sharing. Seeing it reminds me of all the time 17 year old me spent in the Minoc Pen hally-whacking reapers.
    Quick and Kiryana like this.
  3. Patek

Patek Active Member

Still have my cloth map, pin, original UO CD, original T2A upgrade CD and my T2A Guidebook :). I bought it the day it released in Australia, I still remember the drive home staring at the box with the screenshot of the players fighting the dragon and being so pumped.

First 5 seconds I was in UO I started in Trinsic and had my starting gold stolen hah.

Cloth map has the locations in runes not English - I remember being very young and translating them, using the cloth map to plan out where I’d go, where to find moongates etc. Such good memories.

That and tents, houses costing 22k instead of 44k, no meditation skill, no nightmares, no AW, no WW, no skill cap, the raw looking auto-update app, the chest slowly opening when you started etc. So good.

Comparing them to now with this UOR server, CUO and the work in it, Razor etc - it’s amazing that even though so much has changed, the magic is still there :)

(btw, very jelly of your collection and especially that beta CD)
    Holden and Quick like this.
  4. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

5. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

thought id share my nostalgic memories.
    IMG_3190.jpg
    shad and Quick like this.
  6. Patek

Patek Active Member

Is that a cloth map with T2A on it? Damn it, now I have to find and buy one lol
  7. LCH

LCH Active Member

omg the cloth map is cool AF
    does any game still do this these days?
  8. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

I bought an unopened factory sealed charter edition about 20 years ago for $150. Sold it about 10 years ago for almost $500.
    Still wish I hadn’t sold it.
    eherruh likes this.
  9. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

10. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Still got my second age disc and the third dawn beta disc. The older ones are MIA, though.