Ultima Online: Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by PaddyOBrien, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Skippy

Skippy New Member

I see a few Napa Valley players here and there. Sadly, none of them I recognized. :(

I was in the old Heaven's Gate PK Guild. Joined Something (F...) of Justice. Joined Honky Lips's BORG guild. Formed my own with Jooki, Ric Flair, and Brett Hartt in Venge-X.

I'd like to think I was semi-famous because i was crazy social and had silly yellow shoes that I gave away to people, even got a pair of Seers to wear them.

sageSkippys.jpg . AirSkippys.jpg
    The Faker, Descartes and PaddyOBrien like this.
  2. Joshius

Joshius Well-Known Member

Pacific 98-01

Sir Josh
    Zealins
    doug
    Brotha Lynch Hung
    John F Kennedy
    Ronald Reagan

Siege 99-0\1
    drgonzo

Guilds: OBM PR8 DP OPP
  3. Russ

Russ Member

Catskills 99-04

Trunks- heal mage
    Orange juice- Tamer

I think I had a few other characters but its been so long. the only player I really remember hanging out with a lot was a guy name Enema. he taught me how to pvp. I was only in a few guilds but I mostly was in minax. good times. I remember playing my hybrid fencer once at the minax base with atleast 75 ppl there. went afk come back and got pked. I found out out who did it and they gave everything back but my power spear so of course I went and got a vanq and destroyed him. got my spear back and a few others. the whole time we was been chased around by atleast 20 minax members trying to get us to stop fighting. it was awesome.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  4. Russ

Russ Member

I remember the name animal control......
  5. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Great Lakes 1997 - 2001 [Lyta in Krieger]
    Counsellor on Napa 1999-2000 [Altaira]
    Counsellor on Catskills 1998 [Mittens]

Some of these GL names do ring a bell. My fondest memories are battles with:
    Sunny Black
    SiN [Sinister]
    KoV [Knights of Valor]
    and BG [BloodGuard]

And of course Kazola's Treetop Keg & Winery and the Order V Chaos battles that constantly took place in the front yard:
    http://uo.stratics.com/shard/Great Lakes/establishments/felucca/kazolas_OLD/gl_kazolas.shtml

@Brymstone , @Xegugg , @Nerull and @Mad Hatcher should remember this place

I found this little recollection of SiNs exploits back in the day, it was quite funny:
    http://www.afraidyet.net/history/
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  6. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

7. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

This is awesome!

I played during this time but with my grandmother; the amount I have played since then (Pacific / UOG Hybrid / UOR) it makes me sad that I wasn't around this age at that time, playing now. It makes me sad sometimes that I cant experience that again, the cookie story was awesome.
  8. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

I played on Pacific [K^M] Keepers of Maddox /// [FL_] Fallen Lords

Sir Brian
    Eslo (My Grandma)
    Bakka (Uncle)
  9. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Goomba here from UO Gamers Hybrid. Played from 2005 until around 2010. Characters were Goomballin- , a ridable goomba, G00M84. Ran my own SL guild OI Outlaw Immortalz, ran with LoD Legion of Doom as well. Did alot of pking with Heavy Smoker and Old School Ownage. Factioned also with Break of Dawn and was a Me-Ku-Shu clone at one point. Miss the golden days of Ultima Online pvp at its finest during this era on hybrid. Let me know if you were around there at that time thanks.
  10. Fireball

Fireball Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Haha! Thanks for bringing back so many Siege memories :)

I remember Glendor. And it was great to see so many familiar names, especially of my BiH guild mates like Oliver Holmes, Illuminati and Magus. I still play with Sistro sometimes and he and I still name our wyrms Freeze! I also still keep in touch with my old friend Mahja and a few others. Thrandarian you may have seen post here a screen or two up.

We had wonderful times on Siege. Didn't matter if you were red or blue, alliances fought side by side against the likes of UDL and GC in huge battles. Everyone pretty much knew everyone else.

I also remember the Pink Horde. Such a laugh.

Here's a link to our Siege Perilous memory page:

http://www.bihguild.com/uo/Siege/index.html
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  11. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Bump for new players!
  12. Descartes

Descartes Well-Known Member

Haha wow, I remember you well. Used to rock some of your shoes!

My characters on Napa were: Mr.Sinister, Shade, and WickeD. Some of the people I played with regularly back then were Mr.Beemu, Sofa King, Nixon, Warmonger, Adam Bastille.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    The Faker likes this.
  13. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

LOL...I was Koncept on hybrid.

... dark times
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Evil Dead likes this.
  14. The Faker

The Faker Member

Urinal I never knew you were Loretta I remember you. I was NaS.
    Knightmare and UrinalCake like this.
  15. UrinalCake

UrinalCake Well-Known Member

I definitely remember NaS. There is a subreddit called napa valley old school(/r/nvos). Its not super active, but you can catch some nostalgia there. A few of old school ^Rv/Byz guys. I havent checked it out in a while.
  16. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Bump for new players!
  17. Rayth

Rayth Member

I was pretty young, and didn't PvP a whole lot (at least not well) when I played Catskills back in the late 90's.

But I played a dexxer (and later necro) named Robin Hood, and a bard/archer named Joan of Arc.

My parents played as Chima and Alberich, and ran the Deliverance guild, *D*, that owned a vast majority of the properties east of Compassion shrine, SE of the Healer x-roads. Anyone remember their player town? It was pretty awesome, even for back then.
    ReZon, Jupiter and PaddyOBrien like this.
  18. Tooms

Tooms Active Member

I played on napa valley.

Light Shade (PK'd in t2a mostly, different guy than the Lightshade from napa)
    Dorval was my blue char.

Ran around with Shifter, Darklust, TGSTK, Mr PoPo.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    ReZon and PaddyOBrien like this.
  19. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

Atlantic from 2000, steadily for a couple years and then very infrequently until the ninja stuff killed my interest. I was in Obsidian Order for a while and then started some smaller guilds with friends. We had a village at the shrine where the current Paws village is on UOR. It was called Spiritwood, I think.
    Random, Jupiter, ReZon and 1 other person like this.
  20. Antos

Antos Well-Known Member

On a whim, I decided to search the forums for any mention of Paxlair and found this!

Would Phaedrus remember Enoch from the Pax Citizens guild who went on to become the leader of the Paxlair Wizards and master of the Mage Tower? Our old guildhouse was a tiny hovel behind the Ladies of the Lair and right beside Raspberry Tart's sweet treats!

You may not remember me, but I certainly Kal Ort Por you!

I knew @Cordelia Black was a Chessy vet, but I am really surprised to see how many other Chessy folks are here!

On Chessy from late 1998-2001/2ish I was:

Enoch of the Paxlair Wizards & founder of The Ancient Order of Akalabeth and the Akalabeth Outpost player run town
    Jude of Akalabeth
    Ashdug of the Uruk Hai - nemesis of Paxlair
    Antos of Yew (simply a poor copy of my GL/LS character, but not very active on chessy)

On LS from 99ish to 2002 I was:

(wait for it...)

Antos of Yew

Yew was closely associated with the elf town Tel Ruid. It was the default place to go for humans who played there.
    Before searching for Paxlair, I did a search for Tel Mithrim and Tel Ruid and got nothing. No refugees here?

On GL from 99ish to 2002 I was:

(wouldja believe it?)

Antos of Yew

I founded Yew on GL and a few LS Yew players joined it, but it GL was never the home to me that Chessy and LS were. We never developed our skills much; just attended player-run events.

On LS I played several toons named after characters from the Ultima series.

Obviously, there is Antos, the Space/Time Traveling Druidic Prophet whose blessing was so crucial to defeating Minax that the Stranger traveled in a spaceship in post-apocalyptic 2012 to the mysterious Planet X to seek him out.

(Not making this up... looks like we weren't the only ones consuming some questionable substances while living in Sosaria! Garriot was clearly tripping when they did Ultima ][ ! It is so BAD its actually good!)

I also played as the following lore-based characters for RP purposes only:

Santre, master swordsman and frequent companion to the Avatar, (but not deemed important enough for OSI to block his name.)
    Jude, the haggard young mage who had used the Skull of Mondain before casting it into the Abyss
    Wolfgang, One of the Kings of Old before the first cataclysm (Spirit Only... a tamer followed around by a pack of live wolves; a trick I am using here, too)
    The Stranger, yeah... that guy. (Spirit Only... Guildmaster of Akalabeth)

BTW, anyone needing a visit from classic Ultima characters for RP purposes, I have Shamino, Dupre, Katrina, Mariah and Jaana (semi-active character on the Yew guildstone played by my GF when she's not playing LOTRO) and even good ol' Chuckles the Clown on my accounts. I will be happy to pop in to any RP events you may require.