Ultimate Gorilla Fighting!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by PaddyOBrien, Jan 13, 2015.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Derwent Enterprises proudly presents, Ultimate Gorilla Fighting!!! Gorilla contestants from all over the land come to compete in the most brutal, action packed gorilla fighting ring around. Today we had some impromptu exhibition street fights between a few of our gorillas such as Johnny Chimpo and Poo Flinger Jr., among other gorillas looking to make a name for themselves. We were able to hijack the Occlo First Music Academy for our first public venue earlier this evening for a tournament between up and coming gorillas vying for the coveted sixth slot of Paddy's stable and an official spot in UGF. It appears that some did not appreciate our besmirching of a fine music establishment with monkey mayhem.

pic1.jpg

But nevertheless, Ultimate Gorilla Fighting was on!

Our first bout was between Fleabag and Killa Gorilla. Killa was beating fleabag handily. The audience was enthralled! Why, a guard even sat down to enjoy the bout while simultaneously guardwhacking the crap out of someone!

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

And yes folks, only on UO:R would you find this kind of Gorilla action!

Killa Gorilla made quick work of Fleabag. The crowd went wild! Next up was Funky Monkey vs. Chump The Chimp. It was an even battle at first! Victory was in the air.... and so was the stench of blood and bodyparts!

4.jpg
    5.jpg

Funky Monkey fought a hard battle and came out on top. The final round of the tournament came down between Funky Monkey and Killa Gorilla!

6.jpg

The winnah of the coveted stable slot was Killa Gorilla! And then there was the main event: The Ultimate Gorilla Fighting champion Apeshit vs. a local gorilla in a non-title death match!!

7.jpg
    Could the local gorilla pull off a Rocky I and nearly beat the champ???

Nah, Apeshit opened up a gorilla sized can of whoop-ass and left him a crumpled heap on the floor. The local gorilla fought with all his might, but couldn't put him away.

8.jpg
    9.jpg
    And that wrapped up the event! Much apologies to the bards who had to clean up the mess afterwards. Derwent Enterprises will not be responding to any inquiries from the Occlo Humane Society at this time.

We plan on doing more events and taking the show to other venues until we get a permanent arena made from a large tower we plan on purchasing when we obtain the funds. And yes, in the future there will be official bets on the outcomes! Outside challengers! This aint your daddy's gorilla fighting league, this is Ultimate Gorilla Fighting! It's Fighting... with gorillas!
    Vlar, Hawkeye, Basoosh and 5 others like this.
  2. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

I've been contemplating a gambling night. Dice and dartboards are a good warm up and some Gorilla wars to cap the evening? Maybe a celebrity boxing match?
    Vlar and PaddyOBrien like this.
  3. PaddyOBrien

yeah that would be awesome. A House of Gambling haha
    Vlar likes this.
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

And some psycho didn't waste a second to hack the GW'd guy (wasn't me) into pieces. :rolleyes:
  5. Pegbyter

Pegbyter Active Member

This looks like the start of an interesting joint venture.
  6. Halabinder

On ^ that topic, @PaddyOBrien I can lend you a tower on Fire Isle if you want space for an event. My brother may even be willing to lend us his tower at North Britain Mines. Let me know if interested ;)
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. PaddyOBrien

Yeah that would be cool! We've got a spot for a permanent location we've got blocked for future use we just need to save for a tower deed. Then we plan on having it as the primary arena and then take the show around the land!
    Halabinder likes this.
  8. The hound

The hound Active Member

This is boss. Please let us know in advance when next one takes place. I've got a monkey who craves the taste of blood.
    Halabinder likes this.
  9. Halabinder

Time to kill my poor mount resers bonded bear... Sorry Boomboom but I need your slot for a poop throwing MUNKAY. He will be named CheGuerilla.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  10. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

I know a guy who could get into this. I'll tell him about it!
  11. PaddyOBrien

Yeah I plan on having another event soon, probably tomorrow (Saturday). Some of my regular talent will fight each other in normal matches (first to 10% health loses) and t hen a few death matches when I get a venue ready there will be more involved matches such as gorilla battle royals where people can take bets on the winner. I'll try to make the announcement as soon as I can in irc and the forums at least an hour in advance to give people time to come over.
    Halabinder likes this.
  12. Halabinder

Just as an FYI - I have asked Telamon in the past regarding gambling and there is no prohibition against it ;)

I'll do my best to attend tomorrow but I make no promises. I have a busy day.
  13. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

When is the next Ultimate Gorilla Fighting going down? I have train me a prime beast for this event.
    Halabinder likes this.
  14. PaddyOBrien

*Hopefully* today, Tuesday. Converting our "Gold Room" (tavern) into a small arena for now. Trying to set up a system for betting too.

We'll set up some matches too with people who bring gorillas. I'll try to have at least an hour notice for the event, if not today then thursday, but we're hoping to get one in today!
    Halabinder likes this.
  15. Halabinder

System for betting? hmmmmm lets see. I would start it nice and simple. Say there is 8 people, 4 people can bet on one monkey and four on the other. 1:1 odds. Everyone's bets are covered. Need an even number of people. You can also, charge people hosting fee of 10% from winnings. A winning bet nets you 90% and 10% goes to the establishment. This way you start a legit business. For every 1K a winner takes home 1.8k u get 200... Not so bad for anyone considering the time investment and whatnot. Also, I would cap bets so things don't get out of hand as you start thing out. All bets go through a bookie and get written down in his book. That way you can tell people to deal with their own off the books deals and wash your hands clean of it Won't have to moderate personal bets.

We used to play a dice game loosely based on Craps back in high school that works well here also. Order of rolls from highest to lowest 11-7-D6-D5...Snake Eyes.
    You can play that with multiple people also. If you have a tie for winning roll they just roll again. Reminds me of one of the most epic disapoinments of my life "the wheel of time"...

Anyway just some ideas. Bets of luck. Hope I can make it to make some bets.
  16. The hound

The hound Active Member

What time today?

Also.. is there a way we could get the event posted up more in advance in future?

Lot of interest has been generating but it makes it hard to plan
    Halabinder likes this.
  17. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Jebidiah used books with something written inside as chips to be purchased before gambling.
  18. PaddyOBrien

Yeah we've got a system in the works for that, we've almost got all the kinks worked out for the event. HOPEFULLY it will be Thursday at 12:30pm EST....tomorrow... just waiting on confirmation! It's going to be fun, but security might be a slight issue but I'm sure we can figure something out haha
    MikeK likes this.
  19. PaddyOBrien

UPDATE - Event will be moved to 4pm EST... we're still setting up. Hopefully that doesn't' cause any inconveniences for anyone!
  20. The hound

The hound Active Member

Won't be able to make it.. too early in day since I work till 5 m thru fri.

Look forward to next one