Uncle Donnies Going Away Event

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Uncle Donnie, Feb 8, 2017.

1. jirro

jirro Member

Just so everyone knows, Donnie was the guy who allowed this to happen:

http://uorforum.com/threads/selling-valentines-day-items-2016.21371/

The day he gave them to me, it had been super rough for me. I had been killed a bunch (I really suck at the game), and being new to the server (start dec 18th!), I didn't know anyone to help me. I bumped into Gambit in Deceit at the Lich Lords and sold him a few weapons, and he gave me all that stuff for free.

Thanks again for that man. It was super cool of you and a bright spot of kindness at really hard time in my life (still ongoing, some days better than others).

Jirro/Sophrosyne/Soondobu(IRC).
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  2. Uncle Donnie

Uncle Donnie Member

3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  4. PaperSquirrels

PaperSquirrels Well-Known Member

5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'd like the Repond instrument Gambit looted from my corpse during this years elf invasion of Trinsic.
  6. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

I only want to say this one thing. I ❤️ uncle Donnie. I once purchased a valorite mask dye for 300k relisted it 1 min later for 500k. Is that wrong? Is it my fault the chump didn't know what it was worth and I did? If uncle Donnie gave me his spoils of hate, he would be reassured that it would go to the right place, knowing the peep with his stuff thinks like he does. I'd use it to turn up trades won and pretend I'm the guy who won an auction, quickly get in there before the real bidder had a chance to claim his prizes. I'm the guy who's going to sell you a repobd kryss only to steal it back after you bought it from me.

Plus my favourite passtime in UO is drinking and recalling, nothing gives me more pleasure than looking back watching the dude I just swiped burn while I roam free.

If you find a new/pro item I'm going to be there ready to troll, nothing is going to make you smash your keyboard or screen like it will when I'm around.

Don't be a hater because you lost, be a winner and join the club. This to me is UO, this to me is fun.
  7. diran

diran Well-Known Member

well uncle Donnie don't really know you but have fun it sucks you are leaving, only been on this shard for like 4 or 5 months. I don't think i deserve anything from anyone but if you were to pick me it would only be cause I'm I trying to be nice to everyone till they give me a reason to hate them lol
  8. One

One Well-Known Member

9. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Moderated a few more . . . phallic posts from players. Lets keep this thread PG-13 so it can avoid being moved to trash talk.

Also since this is more an event, than a trade. Going ahead and moving it to Player Run Events.

And Donnie, we always hate to lose a player. Hopefully you read Pill's story and do some self reflection and find the lighter side of life with the rest of the UOR'ers
    PaddyOBrien, Kirby and One like this.
  10. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

You be you, stay.

If you must feel to give away,krothu and Vish could really benefit from some of the give away.
    Vishakt likes this.
  11. Supra

Supra Active Member

BlackEye says: Put everything in a bank in case you decide to return in future. Don't give anything out.

Supra says: Give EVERYTHING to HIM!

Oh wait, or was it the other way around? :confused:
    Riyne likes this.
  12. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

13. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Pockets deserves this prize because he couldn't figure out who Gambit was the whole time he knew you.
    PaddyOBrien, Reginald and Supra like this.
  14. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I only see all this shit with a sense of humor!!

[​IMG]
    Reginald likes this.
  15. One

One Well-Known Member

Reginald likes this.
  16. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Ah what the hell, I'll never pass up a chance on a free ethy! Kind of like the time I showed up at a car dealership when I got a flyer in the mail saying I won a car! (I didn't... it was a trick! :eek: actually I just wanted to see what they'd say if someone actually did show up for the free car!)

So anyway.... As Mayor of Cove, I held back the council of nobles who were ready to put down their swords and pick up the pitchfork and torches to eject you from our fair city for alleged shenanigans, and build a wall to keep you out, and then make you pay for it. Nay, I didst say... he has a fancy robe so he musn't be too bad!
    Erza Scarlet likes this.
  17. Henderson!

Henderson! Well-Known Member

I don't know or care if Uncle Donnie is a scammer. I've played his game style on other servers and it can be fun being the heel. What I do know is that the online wizard forum drama that has resulted from his posts and alleged antics have made me laugh these past few weeks.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  18. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

I am just here for the HYPE. I want to pump you full of as much HYPE as I can @Uncle Donnie

If you don't feel welcome currently, fear not, it will come back around. With enough velocity the HYPE TRAIN will reach all destinations. Stay positive and don't worry about any of these stupid nerds giving you a hard time. This is YOUR game! Don't play any other way than for your own enjoyment (whatever that is). If you still feel like giving your stuff away and there is no turning back, I can't stop you. Please don't include me in any give away.

I'm telling you right now, if you don't feel welcome and want to quit... take a break. Don't check the forums, stay off irc and just come back in a few weeks/months when you feel that UO itch come back. Remember, stay HYPED and your outlook on life/game will always be positive.
    Jesus Is King likes this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

Jesus Is King likes this.
  20. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Don't forget to appear for your online wizard jury duty! :D