UO:R Siege Perilous

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blaise, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Akasha

Akasha Member

You still think running out of reagents is a valid way to win an impromptu duel.

Lolz bad.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Um, I'm not quite sure how one would win by running out of reagents. Please explain.

I do feel that having someone deliver you more supplies in an arranged duel, is cheap, pathetic and dishonorable. Taking your loss like a man because you only packed enough juice for a quick scuffle, might have gained you a little respect. It's pretty clear you don't want any, so enjoy being known as pvp bottom feeder.
  3. Akasha

Akasha Member

Im truly infinitely worlds better and higher on the pvp ladder than you are sir.

Bottom feeder lol

I dont need to let you kill me because I rely on reagents and limited resource pools to pvp, and you just swing a runic power axe.

Get bent kid. I drop REGS for my opponents when they run out. Thats respect. I definitely dont say oh you cannot do anything, I win.

Also our duel was not "arranged" it was impromptu and I had been field fighing previously and was low from the start, it matters not, you never once came close to killing me. Not even remotely close.

While using faction power lumberjacking weapons against a mage. Seriously, talking about this situation with you is like trying to reason with a psycopath with down syndrome.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is you're in favor of Siege Perilous? Thanks for stopping by.

P.S.: Everyone knows I'm bad at PvP. The mystery is why you think being better than me at it means anything.
  5. Akasha

Akasha Member

No

The mystery is why you feel like you are qualified to talk on and or place judgment in regards to the subject.

Also, I am not in favor of splitting your already ghosttown server into two servers, and anyone with half a brain would understand that your community is in no position to do such a thing.

Advertising really needs to take off for this server I believe. Because lets face it, Shane is a jerk. My run ins with him thus far have already conviced me of that.

But that server is truly thriving and there is pvp to be had everywhere. This server has much nicer more likeable admins, and some truly better things offered, such as the holiday challenges, and
    the AMIB system. Yet it cant even compare in population.

Now dont be a snob about it or niave, and think they are soon to fail, because they arent. Instead be objective, and understand that the reason more people play there, is because of massive work put into
    advertising. Thats it. seriously. That. is. it. If you look at shanes reddit post history and youtube etc. He went and advertised on everything. Even other games. Just non stop.

So stop acting like a UO snob, a huge troll, and also being a gigantic jackass in game . Some of the language if seen you use in game is jaw dropping when one considers you have some sort of official title or somethging here. Be more welcoming. If someone loots a corpse, big deal man. Thats UO. That does not make them a slimeball irl. its a video game, and not everyone is here to play together, But your reaction to that situation is the kind that drives players away from the server. UO needs conflict to be a sandbox. It doesnt need you being a ridiculous jackass over in game stuff.

People loot eachotehrs houses in game and steal everything they own. And people are like good score. Its not a big deal. Stop being an ostrich and sticking your head in the sand and talking derisivly about the competition, and instead figure out what they are doing right and learn from it. Because I would rather see this place that successful.
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I enjoying your forum pvp far too much. However, I contest you ghost town comment. I would take 300+ highly active players over 600 obsessive house refreshers who never actually interact with anybody.

So please continue your verbal "Corp Pors" but please don't include me in your generalizations. I came to this shard because of its growing population and I did not make the decision to switch lightly.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, you seem really mad. I never once called you out as a slimeball irl. I have always been opposed to thieving and criminal actions in UO, since OSI days. This is nothing new and your actions warranted my commentary. If you didn't like it, you could have ignored me.

Whatever about the buy-in show. They can ride that marketing tactic as long as it pays them well and then you'll see the result. Same as every other shard of the same mentality before it. This thread has nothing to do with either and no one is talking about doing this RIGHT NOW. The SP Idea, as I've stated ad nauseum at this point, is intended for YEARS down the line. The days when I believe many freeshards will be only a memory and the most well tended and intended survive. That will be very few.

Regardless, we are all entitled to our wrong opinion. Play where you will but do us a favor and go hump UOF on their forums. This isn't the place for it.
  9. Akasha

Akasha Member

Humping UOF? I actually talked bad about them, and good about here. This is what I mean. You are not being objective.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying about the qualities over there, ie; population. I understand the words coming out of your mouth but it's a waste of breath. We're talking about the concept of UO:R based SP here, not where you care to play.

I don't care about quantity, I care about quality. That is all there is to it. This shard is working towards genuine quality and while I may never see it, IF I were to see a properly done SP shard, I would hope for the standards I'm seeing here presently.
  11. Akasha

Akasha Member

I play both places.

Quanitity directly affects Quality in Multiplayer based games.
  12. Valmour

Valmour Well-Known Member

Just read this thread and if I may say, I would love being able to have just one of my 15 in a rule set like the old SP mentioned.

Have there been any other serious discussions about this now that a few years is almost up. Some veterans to UO:R might be looking for just a challenge like this, including myself.
  13. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

Allow a checkbox on character creation for "Hardcore" characters.

Hardcore characters can not resurrect, ever.

I'd play one... in factions.
  14. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

The siege perilous idea was tried on Angel Island a few years ago and it crashed and burned horribly, consuming the entire shard with it. The additional stress probably led to burnout from the admins. Neat concept, but not practical anymore. You might get 10 people to play it, tops, and no one wants to play an empty shard. The hardcore UO gamer is a dying breed, it was dying out on it's later years on OSI. Having the fellucca ruleset is as close to the hardcore ruleset most people will be willing to play seriously.
    Basoosh likes this.
  15. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I think a bunch of people would have played a Siege shard - I know I would have. That is, until I found this shard. The website/database and custom game additions of UOR are amazing and I cannot ever see myself leaving for another shard that didn't have this.
  16. Brun

Brun New Member

YES YES YES YES YES YES
  17. smoke

smoke New Member

I played there for years on a popular red back in the day. I would love to see a few of the rules intermix here, reds allowed in towns being number one
  18. Savage

Savage Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Played Siege for years and loved it, but lack of people killed it along with stupid upgrades and rules.

I wouldn't want to split the population here unless it doubled.

Plus, I highly doubt Criss and crew want the headache of 2 servers, 2 codes, 2x pain in the arse.
    Nelvin_Skjordal, Vlar and Gideon Jura like this.
  19. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

All politics aside, I'd play it. I'd get owned but I'd play it.
  20. Qnidopi

Qnidopi New Member

For the count - i'm looking for Siege Replica and "googled" this tread. If there was such a ruleset here i would have beed a new player for the shard. I'm sure the world is full of people looking for the same thing. And we can't find so far. What's the point of shard with 500+ players online when 300 of them macro at bank or in their house? They are online but who cares?

And the final and most important - 1 account with 1 char slot - this makes the game real. Now everywhere people have PvP char, crafter, thief, PvM char and so on. The GREAT idea of UO are the thousand combination of skills you can make. What's wrong with being mage with tailoring? Or Fighter with Blacksmithing and Mining? Now you just leave all non-fighter skills out ot the main template. Why to interact with someone for stuff when you can make 2-3 chars with all the craft skills you need? Arrows? Pff.. - new char with 50 bowcraft. You can do that for everything you need and requires less skill.

With 1 char you need to find someone to sell you arrows or make you for free. Or you can become Bowcrafter - and you will be appraised by EVERYONE. Same goes for all the skills that nobody notices now. It's sad. Just my 2 cents.