UO:Renaissance - Thieving perfected (ongoing thread)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by BlackEye, Dec 5, 2014.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

take this crap off this thread... please.
  2. Tyndall

Tyndall Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Scam or not, what you have truly done here is taken advantage of someone's good will. That takes no skill, no finesse, and is completely without class.
    Rickbrent, ichiokada, Praetor and 3 others like this.
  3. Mirr Maz

Mirr Maz Member

I agree. But I also know that within UO, there's always the unsavory types, and Im actually glad about that, it adds to the diversity.

What I find hilarious though is the fact that he posted it in this thread boasting. Now thats... funny.o_O
    Rickbrent, ichiokada, Tyndall and 2 others like this.
  4. Fuji Flu

Fuji Flu Active Member

5. Caska VS Trees

Caska VS Trees Well-Known Member

actual thieves of this thread, help me remember- isn't his real toon's name going to show up on the guildstone now that he's not disguised? I know there were complaints about identity-revealing heads before...
  6. Fuji Flu

Fuji Flu Active Member

yeah but either way i can always stay disguised.
  7. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

If you keep the head of a thief it changes to the current name they are using
  8. Garresh

Garresh Member

So instead of hair of the dog, it's head of the cur?
  9. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Gratz, Fuji, and welcome to the thread. I hope you enjoy all comments, and keep on posting here.

My opinion: Social engineered theft is a important part of UO. I personally decided against it, because of the small and nice community here, but that doesn't mean it is inferior or something. I hope to read more of it.
    Garresh and Fuji Flu like this.
  10. Bamilus

Bamilus Active Member

I robbed some poor sap of his might and ruin weapons - he just left em there for me on the ground in front of Ocllo Bank
    RavenMagi and Caska VS Trees like this.
  11. Garresh

Garresh Member

Scavenging is just as honorable a trade as any.
  12. Judd

Judd New Member

I'd call that a swindle, and it was quite remarkable. Good job indeed.

A scam is like when you sell someone what they think is a house deed, but is really a book. Like people did during T2A. Hehe.
  13. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

So i've posted a story on here from my first week of playing. Since then I've accumulated the load of magic weapons, magic instruments, approximately 1500 of each reg, a bunch of keys and runes to houses etc etc. (haven't had any but minor sucess with the house looting) I stole 9 tailoring BODS last week from an afk was probably the highlight of the week. This morning I was making my rounds, gnabbed some reagents here and there to keep myself stocked up. I ran into Lord Atiki. He's always been one of my favorite marks as he likes to sleep ontop of moonglow bank where the guards can't see. I must have gotten at least 500 of each reg from him over the last 2 months.

He wasn't sleeping this time but talking to a friend of his named Mia. I joined them in the conversation and they're both good people. Mia gave me a platinum and some gold towards my goal of getting an ethy to better rob people. I gave back Lord Atiki some rune books i had stolen from him about a half hour before. He showed me and Mia his house. (I allready had a rune there little does he know) I bid them farewell and warned Atiki not to fall asleep with his reagaents on him so often.

I made another round of the banks and thats when I ran into a female wearing dark leather bustier that looked very good on her.. I had been hidden and stealthing around and decided to get a closer look at her. In her backpack was a pouch containing 8 bod books and another pouch.. in that pouch was another 4 bod books.. I have a tailor but have little experience taking these books off people. I tried to grab one at first but couldn't. I then took the pouch with 4 and ran for my life. I hid it up in the bushes north of skara bank and noticed that the pouch did not weigh anything.. I do not know what kind of magic this was but i decided to take advantage of it. I went back immediately and stole the pouch with 8 more..

All in all I got approximately 350 to 400 bods. The silver one is filled with approximately 100 platemail bods
    The rest are all organized according to type, such as male leather, female leather, hats, etc etc..
    My tailor will be very happy but i honestly don't know what to do with the blacksmithing bods. Working metal has never appealed to me.. If anyone has any idea of a good way to get rid of these let me know. I do feel a little bad for the pretty lady, as I did not even get the chance to get her name in my haste. If you are out there, thank you for putting a smile on my face and be more careful next time!

I do have screenshots but i need to edit out my name first, which realistically means i'll probably never do it and post it.
    Kalvasflam, Garresh, BlackEye and 3 others like this.
  14. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Gratz. Yeah, zero weight items can only be stolen indirectly from the main bag of a player (e.g. Runebooks and BOD books), but you can always target a whole bag full of them without being concerned by the total weight. How about checking out the very first post in this thieving thread for a similar steal? Funny how history repeats. :rolleyes:

Try to have it evaluated by one of the heavyweight BODers (try Kane or CaptainMorgan for example). But (iron) platemail doesn't sound too exciting.
  15. Garresh

Garresh Member

Beautiful story, Raven. Well done.
  16. RavenMagi

So two updates, one i got the BODS appraised, at roughly 2 million.. I tried to sell it back but the owner told me too keep it and use it to start getting rich. Very helpful guy, I'll keep his anonymity.

And the Second one, using a trick I'd rather keep secret.. I managed to score an exceptional exceedingly accurate indestructable WAR mace of power off of a detective in occlo... ITs made of Verite and is a lovely shade of green.. Valued at approximately 75k, its up for sale now on the Trading Post.. It can be sold with the head of the detective that i got it from.. One of Blaise's Chars. He said it was his on the Trading Post and IRC so i do not feel like im breaking his anonymity by disclosing that detail.
  17. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member

Going by memory, I believe Fuji's debatable 'theft' was quite common and therefor era accurate. More so than what I believe people are referring to as some sort of unspoken and 'honorable' thieving policy? Not to mention the honorable thieving posts are followed by a couple congrats posts, Fuji is going on 3 pages now?

I remember back in-era having a few regs / bandies / etc stolen by thieves which was an annoyance, and half my house wiped out after befriending and selling half to a co-owner. Wasn't a one day thing either.. we hunted for weeks, and he ripped off many a guildie too. Never fully trusted anyone in UO after that!.. Even to this day, and I protect myself, especially my most prized stuff, much much better ever since.
    Radish, Garresh and Halabinder like this.
  18. RavenMagi

The way i see it, the house was given to him as a new player as charity.. I give newbs power weapons all the time, if one of them walks around and says "Ha! i stole this from you" after i gave it to him.. id just say okay whatever weirdo..

Thats the best comparison i can think of. Not really theivery, barely even counts as a con since he is new too, so its just TnT being charitable and someone calling it a theft..
  19. Garresh

Garresh Member

You're kinda right, but I liken it to someone leaving a bowl of candy outside on Halloween, and him taking the entire bowl. It's not the same as forced entry or a full con, but eh he's new. As a fellow newb thief I say let em take what he can.
  20. Seu Madruga

Seu Madruga New Member

Hello my fellow thieves.

I've started venture to dangerous places now (you re safe in cities for now, or not?) and today get my first good score.

[​IMG]
    upload_2016-7-28_13-7-20.png
    There's more good stories soon. Its been a great week so far.