UO:Renaissance - Thieving perfected (ongoing thread)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by BlackEye, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Silas Blackeye

Silas Blackeye Active Member

2. It'sallALark

It'sallALark Well-Known Member

I was able to get a couple of statues. I didn't try too hard though, no way I was going to miss game of thrones :D
    Sheepdog and InnocentCrafter like this.
  3. Silas Blackeye

Silas Blackeye Active Member

[​IMG]

Just a bit from a busy few days.

The severed head was actually scavenged from a fallen IDOC, so maybe it doesn't exactly count
  4. InnocentCrafter

InnocentCrafter Active Member

I decided to start offering solid advice to the citizens of Britannia as I suspect my past actions have been deemed 'too brutal' for some readers.

care.png
    __

With that out of the way, here's my steal of the day. :) No real story here, just someone AFK at Serpent's Hold with a platinum coin. I took a page out of @Silas Blackeye 's book and blurred my victim's name. I must admit, figuring out how to do this in Gimp took me longer than expected. I hope the effort is appreciated.

blurme-1.png

blurme-2.png

Cheerio!
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  5. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Hadrian, Jakob, Oni Neaufire and 4 others like this.
  6. Kiryana

7. shad

shad Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

8. InnocentCrafter

I'll just leave these here :p

[​IMG]

How did I get in? A gate appeared at a PvM hotspot I was at. It led me here and there wasn't a DH until I started opening other doors in the keep (5+ mins later). Recalled away when that happened. Bad PKs bad!

[​IMG]
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Nice!

Hope non of them got triggered by the invasion.
  10. InnocentCrafter

Panic! at the Balron room

panic.png

Thanks PK wrecking crew for the scraps! @Iago
    Iago, The Crooked Warden and Hadrian like this.
  11. Kiryana

12. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

An excellent tale and a marvelous gift!
    Kiryana likes this.
  13. Kiryana

14. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Having just recently returned from the land of the real lifers, I had to realize that the lousy NPC thief guildmaster had forgotten me. ME! I basically got him that job. And now he tells me something about "too young to join the guild"! *starts ranting*

As I had to retrain my skills anyway, I decided not to kill that lousy NPC today and train some stealthing between the ghostly shells of players in dreaded Ocllo.

That's were I came upon a few living souls! They were discussing obtained treasures and maps and locations.

upload_2017-10-27_3-44-11.png

One of them wore a greasy bag emanating a disgusting stench. I was curious and snooped inside it. What I found was gruesome! Franz Pfniffel's head with his typical jester grin was staring back at me! I imagined what he would say, if he would still be alive. "Go avange me!!!" or "Where is my body?! I have to pee!" or perhaps "ooOOoooOoooOOooOoo!" Who knows.

upload_2017-10-27_3-43-27.png

Next thing that happens is, these funny fellows open a gate to the next treasure map location. Naturally I sneak behind them into the gate with my yet amateurish skills. The area was full of vile lizardman, but the group knows how to deal with them: They organized a dance party (barding) and ambushed the dancing lizards pretty badass with fire and magic.

Next, they start digging a hole and a treasure chest appears. As it's unlocked, guardians appear and distract the group. This was my chance to have a sneak preview of the chest's belongings. Ah, glittering yellowish gold. How did I miss thee! The gold wanders pretty quick into my bag, but the fellows must have seen me. They start casting revelation spells and explosions rain down on me! Well, it's worth a little bit of pain. 2000 gold pieces! They are mine!

upload_2017-10-27_3-51-15.png

After returning to Ocllo and hiding in the shadows, the group shows up again. Overhearing them, I recognize they took their loss sportly and are craving for another quest. A gate is quickly cast and an old/young thief enters it hastily.

upload_2017-10-27_3-54-16.png

Though their original destination was Wrong, they landed in Shame at the iron stench emanating root of Blood Elementals. What a smell!

Again a dance party is organized, and the first blood elementals start dropping down into a pool of fluids and... GOLD! Another big pile of gold pieces find it's way into my purse and it's time to lay low for a while in the next available inn.

upload_2017-10-27_3-58-59.png

Thus ends the first little adventure of the Phoenix Thief BlackEye after his latest resurrection into this world.

I guess, tomorrow I have to bribe that pesty 'thief guild master' NPC with my hard earned coins. I really need to get my thief badge back. Everybody knows that only thieves with a proper badge are allowed to steal from other players... darn, who invented that stupid system?! OoOooOoOooSI did it!
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Rickbrent, (D%), eherruh and 10 others like this.
  15. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Jakob likes this.
  16. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

I have seen this my own head of mine in recoil's backpack, it's an abomination and I'm sad that you couldn't join the thieves' guild @BlackEye to reclaim it — and my honor. I'm however glad that my jesterfulness keeps going even in death!
    BlackEye and One like this.
  17. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for your next adventures!
  18. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

That was awesome Blackeye, welcome back!
  19. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

While on patrol in the vicinity of Destard, I came upon a newly refreshed home with an unlocked set of doors. Glancing around, I witnessed piles of ore surrounding the home leading me to believe a miner might be in the area. Taking to the shadows, I entered the home hoping to find vast treasures for the taking. To my misfortune the home was quite secure leaving me with a pocket full of dust. Using my tracking skills, I quickly discovered that the miner was in fact hidden in the home 'sleeping!' A quick detect hidden and I was in his pack where I found a +25 power/earth shatter black staff. I plucked it from his grasp as quickly as I could and ran for the hills hoping to evade being found. When I found that no one was searching for me, I returned with a friendly spider to assist me in retrieving the rest of his goods. After sending the owner a message via carrier pigeon, I was able to sell him his goods back for a fair deal of 100k.

wep.jpg wep2.jpg wep3.jpg wep4.jpg wep5.jpg
    One, Seba, Kiryana and 6 others like this.
  20. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

Oh, pocky....
    The Crooked Warden likes this.