UO:Renaissance - Thieving perfected (ongoing thread)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by BlackEye, Dec 5, 2014.

1. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well done!
  2. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome back @BlackEye :)

I guess I'll start sharing from my main forum account from here on out:

Recalling about, I found some activity at Shame. Using this room to keep my presence unknown, I stealthed through next level of Shame where Elder Gazers reside:

1.png

I arrived as a mighty beast handler was about to become victorious against a Beholder

2.png

With the Beholder at about 16% HP when I arrived, I didn't have much room for error in my next few steps

I approached the nearby door, opening it as the dragons let out a deafening roar during the heat of battle. I carefully stepped closer to the tamer and opened their backpack. With their backpack open and the boss soon dead, I noticed the newly arrived platinum coin just asking to be taken.

3.png

I did what any thief would do in this situation and stole the platinum. Once the platinum was in my possession, I escaped to my own residence via magical gate before becoming the dragons' next meal. Not bad for half a minute of work.

4.png

Cheers :)
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Well-Known Member

Omg...YOU! :eek:
    Seba likes this.
  4. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

Lol sorry @Witchcraft . That was a fun tale yesterday but I didn't record any of it :(

Here's something that just happened though..
    I arrived at Shame to discover another tamer fighting some Blood Elementals. It's great to see that the dungeons are populated these days as usually I come up empty here.

1.png

Like a dog with a bone, I stealthed over to them to snoop their backpack:

2.png

"This level 5 treasure map will do" I said to myself. However, I almost pressed an incorrect keybind here which would have given my location away. Instead of acting then and there, I waited another minute until we moved to a new location for another Blood Elemental to meet its fate.

3.png

After my nerves settled a bit I got into position and made my move, escaping unscathed.

Until next time ;)
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    OptimisticSam likes this.
  5. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Well-Known Member

The moral of my story: don’t text and UOR
    Seba likes this.
  6. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Yeeehaw, TnT is hosting a resist event. Perfect for me, because I literally need 15 new GM resists to be done. But hell, what's that?! Open diagonales to the rezzers? Let's check what Knighthawk and Rad are holding in their bags!

upload_2017-11-8_0-0-36.png

A reg bag full of 30 of each reg! In stealing range. Mhhmhmmmmmm... All the death galore that could be unleashed. The fame and murder counts to be received... the lamentations of the womans... aaah! But I guess, that wouldn't help me in getting the GM resists.

TnTResistBandages.jpg

Okay, instead of gating in some mean beast to feed upon the resisters, I gated out the bandages. I guess these will suffice for my newest EVIL scheme:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  7. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

I ventured into Vesper to find someone hidden in a chair inside the bank. My tracking skill led me to this particular spot:

1.png

I was attempting to reveal this player using detecting hidden skill, but suddenly, the player revealed himself by using the Reveal spell. I don't think I was noticed as I entered the first stage of the bank as Chris the minter was exiting. I was ready to throw in the towel at this point as I thought surely I was seen

2.png

Or was I? The player quickly ran into a secluded room inside the bank, closing all the doors behind them. I, feeling defeated, took a seat to better understand what might happen next:

3.png

Not a minute later, a new player rushed the bank with guns blazing. At first, I suspected this player might be an alternate character of the one that revealed me and was there to kill me. :( But I fear nothing!, I remained seated to see what might happen next

4.png

With the new player opening all the doors inside the bank, I figured I could get to both of them undetected since I wouldn't have to open any doors myself. It looked as though the players were in the middle of a trade. With their high end gear and mounts, I figure it was probably a large transaction.

5.png

Just as I reached them, it looks like the two were done conducting business and started to recall away

6.png

I, just wanting to grab something at this point, settled on stealing this wand of item ID as the original player was in the middle of their Recall cast

7.png

8.png

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  8. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

I arrive in Ice dungeon:

1.png

I begin to track a mage using blade spirits to kill the nearby ice creatures:

2.png

When suddenly, two more people enter the screen. And it doesn't look like they're here to lend a helping hand:

3.png

The player that was hidden gets his Recall interrupted and heads towards the exit:

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

A minute or so later when they realize the other unknown player is no longer inside Ice dungeon.

8.png

You risk too much when you try to reveal me. Sweet weapon though. ;) This might be the weapon that interrupted our hero mage's Recall spell.

9.png

Never a good idea to remain stationary with a thief on the prowl. Perhaps our friend can kill some more Arctic Ogre Lords without having to fear such a powerful weapon being out on the field:

10.png

fin.png

Best regards to all parties involved :)
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  9. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

A lot of these happen so quickly there's not much of a story behind them. Will try my best to make this one funny but it's hard when I was only in the zone for a minute. :confused:

I'm just doing my usual rounds and I guess a guild was in the middle of a champ spawn because as soon as I arrived, 3 additional tamers joined the scene.

1.png

2.png

I was about to pass this player up to better assess what was going on in this zone, but when I saw they were inactive for about 20 seconds and that the other tamers ran off, I stealthed back to them and snooped their backpack:

3.png

It's a good thing I did because I found 3 platinum coins inside this innocuous looking bag. After snooping hundreds of these colored bags during the most recent Halloween events, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there's never anything good inside of them. You can tell I almost looked over it as I inspected the water trough deed and Item ID wand in the main backpack first.

With this particular tamer still inactive, I made my move just as an additional tamer joined the battle in Despise.

4.png

Bank those platinum coins guys. Best regards
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  10. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

Sorry about the quality on this one, still trying to figure out why sometimes Razor will record a much darker video :/

Went into Shame Gazers and noticed a tamer that set up a trap with wooden boxes around the teleporter for any unsuspecting foes. I did a quick AFK check but as soon as I opened the door, my screen quickly flooded with "All Kill" so I backed away and asked about the situation in IRC:

1.png

A few minutes later I was able to verify that the trap set worked for the most part. With our trapper only dying once but killing ~8 people himself I'd say he was victorious. With many dead, gates started appearing in the zone. This is where I begin to act :D

2.png

Ah, a private location at the Serpent's Hold stables. This could get interesting as a subsequent gate was cast. Once again I went through it, but the casting party didn't go through so I was stuck waiting for a minute or two on Dagger Isle.

3.png

Soon enough, another gate appeared and this time a couple of dragons and a tamer went through it:

4.png

With the distraction and necessity of ressing dead characters on my side, I managed to sneak inside this keep unnoticed. However, it passed most security checks and all I could take away from this entry were some bags of reagents and potions before getting revealed::D

5.png

6.png

Thanks for the adventure!:)
  11. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

12. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Great work @Seba , you're killing it! Hope you got a rune to that serps bank wall. Pretty cool spot
    Seba and BlackEye like this.
  13. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

Thanks. Aye I have a rune there. :)
  14. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

15. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

I saw a Silver bow of Force (pic #5) at the West Britain Bank instead of Moonglow. Unfortunately bow was equipped and I couldn't disarm in town at that location. Glad you got it though. Nice work!
    Kiryana and The Crooked Warden like this.
  16. Kiryana

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Oni Neaufire and Seba like this.
  17. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

How did you get them to move from their usual spot?! Did they have a 'say guards' macro upon seeing a gray player? :D
    Kiryana likes this.
  18. Kiryana

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  19. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member

Here's a little something I put together during this year's town invasion of turkeys and player killers:

[​IMG]
    Kiryana and Hollywood like this.
  20. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Nice pics. Don't worry about the "missed opportunity" though. It's self-craftable firebombs without any resale value.
    Seba likes this.