UO:Renaissance - Thieving perfected (ongoing thread)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by BlackEye, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  2. O'Malley

O'Malley Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Stealthing around the skull orchards, I noticed even Jesus was out fighting the terror! His full pile of six holiday coin was just too tempting to me, and after reading on IRC this was his first trip out of newbie town, was glad i could welcome him back to ultima the right way! Halloween is fun!

HC.png
    Seba, Dash, Alvien and 9 others like this.
  3. Xx-GoD-xX

Xx-GoD-xX Well-Known Member

It was a quiet night travelling through Sosaria, when a soldier of the shadows found himself upon a green moongate...
    PT1.png
    What was just the hustle and bustle of fellow Sosarians refining their skills....
    [​IMG]
    had turned into absolute silence, not a movement to be seen. PT2.png
    With unlocked doors, and no barriers to hold, curiosity peaked, and the soldier of the shadows quietly stealthed throughout the castle.. until something from a far caught his eye.
    and in the shadows to the thief's surprise, he finds a stone table, easily pushed aside, and access to the castles hold! PT3.png
    Quickly and quietly the belongings are bagged and taken to the safety of the thiefs hold! Where he lays his head after a hard days work!
    Seba, O'Malley and Hoominaga like this.
  4. Xx-GoD-xX

5. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

6. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Grats man. Good haul

In the hustle and bustle of the resist session, I left the table unlocked... I was handing out goodies from my personal stash...

I will miss they net and the furniture dye tubs... those 50odd sets of barbed leather sets were destined for noobs...
  7. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

8. Xx-GoD-xX

No one misses the full set of ranger armour :(
  9. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Hell as I look at that screen shot I do miss it, I was actually gonna dye the set :)

scouts map... pirat map, all those boats I had made up... I do miss the stuff, it was a very expensive lesson

And a very good haul for you.... ever since Jack of Shadow's looted my tower dry a couple years back I have done two things... be tight on security and stopped worrying about pixels... some would throw in the towel at this loss, I have searched internally long and hard... you could take ALL my ingame pixels, wipe my chars back to 0 skill and I would still play here...

Every day you or I log in, we have a chance to make it a great experience... so though I may be on the short end of this experience, I am rich in knowing that this is a thriving place to be for all playstyles... If I have to lose a little for you to gain a little, I am completely fine with that "transaction"

least I can stop looking for that stuff :)
  10. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  11. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy Well-Known Member

At least he didn't use the black tub to dye all your bod cloth....

BOD DYE.JPG
    Baler, eherruh, Airin and 3 others like this.
  12. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Like a champ.
  13. Xx-GoD-xX

definitely not my style!
  14. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

I just moved that dye tub :) not all are as Honorable !
    Airin and The Crooked Warden like this.
  15. O'Malley

I was out making sure everyone is keeping their doors locked, and found myself a bunch of leather, oak boards, cloth, feathers , etc.
    Wasnt real excited about it, but figured I could probably sell them.. So I hustled the goods over to my house, and went about my business.
    start.png

I made my way south and witnessed some kinda zombie lumber jack company. A see a fellow, Kurt, walking one tile at a time very slowly, reaches the front porch that im hidden beside and low and behold he dumps boards into a box and walks off. A little later, a different fellow with a foreign funny baby talk language sounding name did the same thing. Both of them walking so slowly, surely workers of satan, or maybe this macrojack fella is controlling these stumbling corpses.
    lumberco.png
    Either way, it took a few trips to get the 700 boards back to my house, and then after a short break,I return to find a few hundred more boards in there.
    This box is magic it keeps refilling itself.
    upload_2018-10-31_23-46-45.png
    Thats all for now, almost time for that box to be full again...
    Andrakus, BlackEye, Raajaton and 4 others like this.
  16. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Excellent, Lord British wills it.
    OptimisticSam, O'Malley and Kiryana like this.
  17. O'Malley

Means a lot when some of you veteran thieves tip your hat in my direction, I appreciate it.. just doing my part to help Sosaria from becoming too complacent.
    eherruh, BlackEye, Puck and 3 others like this.
  18. Eye Steel

Eye Steel Active Member

It's too hot in Skara Brae today! Time to cool my heels and admire the Ogre Lords from a safe distance. Such brawn! Such Magic! Such blue-gray skin! A majestic sight it is... when nobody's picking on them. Gotta let boys be boys, amirite?

Enter Balthus, who I got the feeling was quite an adept archer. He boldly provoked Ogre Lord to attack Ogre Lord. I watched in horror as this brother-on-brother battle ensued. To add insult to injury, Balthus was firing arrows at will! He was cutting them down, robbing their corpses, and them leaving them to rot.

NOT COOL BALTHUS.

But, you know what is cool? That shiny shiny crossbow. Someone should take it before he causes any more harm.

[Note: The chronicler forgot to click the crossbow for the first screeny. Apologies. You'll get to see it below.]

[​IMG]

I made my way back to my ozzy, and contemplated what to do next. What follows is an exact re-enactment of said contemplation:

Me: I wonder if I should steal that.
    Also me: Yup.

The next 30 seconds were a whirlwind of running and punching that even took us outside a few times, and there may have been an arrow piercing my favorite butt-cheek at one point, but without a taped playback, we'll never know for sure.

In the end (though not in my end--we covered that), Balthus's crossbow slipped from his fingers and into my satchel before he realized he wasn't firing arrows anymore. As he attempted to fire a final bolt using a crossbow made of thin air, I made my escape.

You know how it is. Sometimes you gotta let boys be boys.

[​IMG]
    Andrakus, Hoominaga, BlackEye and 6 others like this.
  19. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Lately, I heard a certain @Fatty Mike has been nasty...

upload_2018-11-5_23-35-33.png

And worst of it all, he even dared to kill a hidden afk toon of mine in a rune library during the 6th anniversary event.

Suffice to say, he was on my radar from now on.

upload_2018-11-5_23-39-50.png

Well, eventually the halloween event started, and I had his Vesper GY tower in my sight. And the time for karma-repayment came.

FattyMike1.jpg
  20. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

i guess in any voluntary defense of fatty mike, he DID take counts on thieves around us during the events. Even saw him chase after people who took weapons off of corpses. Two sides to every coin though! :) GOOD PICK @BlackEye !

this post was not sponsored by the council for fatty mike
    BlackEye likes this.