UO Rudder Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Chris, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

UORudder was designed to help you navigate your boat without having to setup a bunch of macros. It also provides a compact interface that makes navigation easier.

UORudder was written in Visual Basic 6.0, It does not interact with the data stream of Ultima Online, rather it sends a combination of key strokes to you Ultima Online window. -- Think of it as automatically typing words for you.

Credit to Xena Dragon for the application Design

[​IMG]
    This window is set to always be on top. That means it will sit on top of you UO playing surface. you can turn this off if you wish under Options.

To set the speed at which you wish to sail, click on One, Slow or Normal. You may use these buttons while underway to change speeds at anytime.

Each direction has its own arrow button. To move in that direction click the appropriate button. To stop, click the Stop button in the center. To come about, click the middle button at the bottom.

You can raise and drop your anchor by clicking on the anchor button. The serpent pillar's commands are accessed by the button in the lower right corner.

[​IMG]
    There is also a more advanced interface for those who use maps on their Tillerman. you can activate the advanced features by using the drop down menu - Interface. Click on Advanced and the Navigation by Map will appear.
    To use this feature, hand a map to your tillerman that has been setup with way points. To go to any of these way points simple click the appropriate number.

You can sail from point to point in order using start, also you may continue a stopped pattern by hitting continue.

If you are not sure which point you are going to, click on Nav and the Tillerman will tell you the active point.

Please note: the use of these buttons will turn off the "Rotate with Ship" function. You will have to reset your ship's direction once you are finished traveling by map.

[​IMG]

To switch to "Rotate Mode" click on one of the blue gems to indicate in which direction your ship is facing.

It is very easy to tell that you are in "Rotate Mode": Once in this mode the arrow corresponding with the direction your boat is facing will change color. When you turn off "Rotate Mode" by clicking the topmost blue gem, the arrow buttons will go back to the original color.

Download Link (1.4 MB)

Originally Created by: Douglas Portz
    Copyright 2001-2004: Xena Dragon
    Graphics and Ultima Online trademark are owned by Origins Systems

Email your comments or concerns to
    xena@stratics.com
  2. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

My Tillerman is ready to receive commands from me using uo rudder. But I must have lost my voice because no tone will come over my lips.
    Its very comfortable to have a boat but even better if it would moving...

Greets Duffrey
  3. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

Is there a trick to getting UO Rudder working? I launch 1 UO client, then launch UO Rudder. When I click any of the buttons in UO Rudder, it doesn't navigate my boat. It seems to set focus properly though. Clicking the button in UO Rudder sets focus to the UO Rudder program, then I can see it sets focus back to my UO client. So, I think it's seeing the client correctly, just not sending the text commands.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. :)
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Same problem for me - I've never been able to get UO Rudder going, but it looks like it would be useful...
  5. Spooner

Spooner Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I downloaded Rudder today but while trying to install it, it very briefly pops up a command line window "half a second maybe?" and I can see error on one of the lines before the window disappears. Nothing happens after that.
  6. Spooner

Spooner Active Member

Bumping to see if anyone else is having problems with rudder.
  7. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

UO Rudder still doesn't work for me
  8. Hazy

Hazy Active Member

I ran as an admin, I use windows 8 it then started to work just fine
  9. dissident

dissident Active Member

You may have solved the problem already, or maybe you just got bored with fishing after 4 years, but in case it is not too late, I solved that problem with focus by disabling "Use Smart Always on Top" in Razor (1.0.14.10).
  10. Jester1

Jester1 Active Member

Problem with UO Rudder SOLVED.
    I was finally able to solve the UO Rudder problem for ME, and hope it will help the rest of you who were having issues.

It turned out to be much simpler than I thought.

First, I disabled "Use Smart Always on Top" in Razor (1.0.14.10) noted by @dissident
    Next, I restarted Rudder and Ran as Admin (Simply right click the Icon and "Run as Admin".

If it helps, I am Using Windows 10

Hope this helps.
    dissident likes this.