UOAM crashes on exit

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Bankshot, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Bankshot

Bankshot Member

I think this may be because of windows 10 since I never had this problem in win7. Have it set for windows xp SP 2 compatibility mode.

When closing UOAM it will crash on exit but the .exe will not actually close. It kinda of just becomes unresponsive and needs to be killed via task mgr.
    You CAN close it with the discard settings and exit option. But then I can't ever customize anything.
    Anyone else run into this issue?
  2. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This happens on my laptop, but not my desktop (both Windows 10). I've just gotten into the habit of killing it with task manager now and honestly haven't looked too hard for a solution.

If you do find a solution though, I'll be glad to hear it too!
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I had this too. My UOAM version has been placed in a few different locations on my computer.
    Before I tried to fix it, it was in the regular programs folder on C drive.

I copied my custom map files to desktop and then deleted UOAM
    I downloaded again and placed in programs (x86)
    place my copied custom map files in aforementioned folder
    start it
    set the performance settings

works great now
  4. Bankshot

Bankshot Member

So the problem is with the UOAM auto switch client. When using the normal single account client, UOAM behaves like it should and will save all settings and allow you to exit the game properly while saving any changes you made.

I guess i'll just have to use the single client if I need to change anything which isn't to often.
    Problem solved?
  5. Fireball

Fireball Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I use UOAM in locked single client mode and it still hangs on exit EVERY time for me on Windows 10. Still works fine on my old Win7 machine. I have UOAM in a separate folder on a separate hard drive. Many old programs can't deal with the way ProgramFiles folders work these days.

Also should be noted that this Windows 10 machine was upgraded from Windows 8.1 and UOAM worked perfectly back then.

Anyone else got an update on this?

FB