UOR Factions Sigil Defense 2/10-2/12 ~36 hour battle

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Mes, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Tuesday, 10pm I logged on and Xeg, Napo, Pikka, Lib, Les, and Tuna informed me they had taken the sigils from TB base and had been fighting CoM in the evening.

We were set up at our faction base repelling TB attacks, when 4-5 CoM attacked from the yew gate direction. We killed them or chased them into their house hiding areas and they brought blues and tamers to help for the rest of the evening. As most of those people I mentioned have to go to sleep at a reasonable hour and we are mostly on CST and EST we agreed that we would call it a night as a group.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I checked in around 2am and the sigils were split between TB and CoM base. We retook them. Three CoM were still on (pill ebola and musician I think) and eventually ran us out of the base. We met them at the CoM bridge where I had laid traps and guards and we held them off until around 4am when I told Kane I needed to sleep and we would just have to let them take the sigs.

[​IMG]

At 10am on 2-11 I woke up and the sigils were split between TB and CoM again and some of them were still guarding and appeared to have pulled an allnighter. With minutes to spare, Les, Kane and I raided and retook the sigils.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this point it's around noon and we decide we had to log so we agreed to let them go again.

5pm on 2-11. The sigils are split between com and TB base again. We raid the CoM base but noone is there to defend. When we get to TB base CoM has arrived to help them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We defend the sigils for a few before agreeing to break for real life obligations. Xeg usually makes dinner at a certain time, Lib has his baby to watch, and so on.

Around 7:30PM 2-11, SL players are home from work and ready to play. We have six on and we look for the sigils. All are in TB base and about 4 TB are defending(Pax, mindless, el horno, Ethan). They are watching the front of the bridge with blues and they are ready to chop boxes of candelabras in choke points, expecting us to raid. We raid, and it was a good defense. I think if we didn't have two men up on them we wouldn't have made it through at that time. We repel counter attacks at our base and dig in for a defense.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over the next couple hours there was only random skirmishes. I was waiting for CoM to wake up but the only ones I was seeing were deathboy and airframer and they were staying on blues.

By midnight the SL players had gone to bed. It was Pikka, Tuna, and myself left. TB starts showing up at glow and we have a long 5v3 vs blaise, amfekk, ethan, el horno, and mindless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In time Pax(tb) and Bart(minax) have joined to make it 7v3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

During the battle bart dies and he switches to his thief, joins true brits and takes a shot at the sigils during the fight. I leave tuna and pikka to fight 6v2 and deny bart

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    thanks bart you piece of.....

Immediately following this, The_Musician(CoM) joins them to make it 8v3 and makes the circle of everyone vs SL complete. They rally and run at our base. Feeling we can't hold them off we recall out and wait at the bridge of TB base hidden. I convince napo to log on but he's not willing to use voice chat this late at night, so we wait with our 4 at TB. Once they start flooding in I summon guards on the bridge to block the path.

We hold the bridge for an hour, until we've killed all the sigil carriers or they default back to our base for being held too long. A lot of loot decayed on the ground in this time because there was no opportunity to bank or gate loot out (especially since you can't gate/recall while purple).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the sigils return and we clean up brit they return to our base where napo is by himself. Pikka, Tuna, and I get there but we're cut off from the sigil room. We fight on two fronts for a while before running them back out of our base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this was the last real raid aside from dudes with recalls prepped running around, and we finally captured the sigils. Probably enough UO for two weeks for me. Thanks to my teammates that rallied at all hours to make it work. It was fun and frustrating and way too long.

credits:

Liberation
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, i'm sure the baby is fine

Tuna
    [​IMG]
    damn it they're trying to make me work

klaus
    [​IMG]
    <klaus> can't talk baby is asleep

Kane
    [​IMG]
    hold on let me chug another gogurt

LesClaypool
    [​IMG]
    fukkin sweet

balla
    [​IMG]
    I ain about no fuk shit

Mes
    [​IMG]
    if you need me i'll be playing world of warcraft

napo
    [​IMG]
    who took my god damn runes

Xegugg
    [​IMG]
    hi

Pikka
    [​IMG]
    jesus take the wheel
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    swiftfeet, Var, Punt and 2 others like this.
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

3. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is the most impressive kill of the bunch. ;)
  4. SmellyTuna

SmellyTuna New Member

rofl.png
    Mes likes this.
  5. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

Nice faction trap placement.
    Mindless likes this.
  6. SmellyTuna

SmellyTuna New Member

nice teaming
    Kane likes this.
  7. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Damn....nice. So you guys didn't lose a single guy through all of those fights? You guys are AWESOME!!!
  8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

THATS RIGHT SCRUB
    Kane likes this.
  9. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Somebody sounds butt hurt
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Hail yes, man, I got memory boners recalling how much fun that was.

Five Stars, Will read again and absolutely will die a whole lot more!

I, for one, am wholeheartedly stoked and appreciative that we got such a healthy warm-up for our fledgling team(s, lol). While it only took like 6 months to get True Britannians off the ground, I certainly feel with practice, we'll stop ending up back on it so often. I'm an entirely novice caller having only really called with Pax before....who still has no damn mic (lol best guy on the team...no mic needed but damn if he doesn't listen like a friggin champ). I'm sorry if it is frustrating to have the opportunity to curb-stomp while excessively outnumbered but clearly still unmatched. I could only dream of such an occurrence and would be overjoyed to have such a tale to tell.

Despite speculations that CoM came in at our behest at any point, the only CoMmunication with them was in text on the screen as no one in TB was on Raidcall and they are seemingly averse to using Mumble. For what it's worth, they dropped me inside SL base while I was on the retreat clenching the anoose. Pretty sure they slapped bart that time too, lol. In the later fights, I personally can't really fault bartimus or The_Musician for trying to get some licks in while they could, considering they had no teammates on and, well, let the evidence speak for itself......we could clearly use all the help we could get out there in our faction Underoos.
    Thank you all for the healthy ass kicking and happy times outside the safety of the dreaded Contain The Fun arenas.
    I'd like to thank everyone that put their resources on the ground for the sake of having a good time and getting to know each other a bit more intimately if not just belligerently. Thanks for taking the time to post this all up Mesdoram, I really enjoyed it. No bullshit. Can't wait until next time.

Also, just a tidbit Pill as I know you're not all that keen on detail and whatnot :), Pax got the kill on Korgath as he was leading the charge into TB stronghold (see above). It also appears he met his demise a second time in front of the base in our failololollllled attempt to bring the sigils home later (although, that appears to be at the hands of the 2 man CoMinax d00ds).
    That and the real cherry of the whole night, somehow I snuck in this gem of a kill steal that happened seemingly a millisecond before Mindless started polishing the Moonglow cobblestones.
    [​IMG]
    *FLEXES*

*faps*
    Vlar and bart simpson like this.
  11. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Guess it's time to call you The_Mesician.... :)

Oh yeah, crap, I nearly forgot to mention:

LOLLOLOLOLLLLOL WTF BLUE TAMERS?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA
  13. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Who cares! THIS was fun!
    Blaise and Mindless like this.
  14. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

This. Tenfold.
    Blaise and Xegugg like this.
  15. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

might have to faction it up again. looks like fun. got a healer if a team needs one.
    Mindless and Blaise like this.
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

This has been a long time pet peeve of mine on this server. I don't see any reason why 4 factions can't be enemy teams. I don't see any reason why a 6v3 had to be turned into an 8v3. It's nothing that can be changed by the staff or should be. If any of you ever find yourself in our position, and you won't, maybe you would understand the ridiculousness of being outnumbered 2:1 and then have two other 'separate' sides join to make it totally clownshoes. This is why everyone is waiting around for SL to log in. Because you've no rivals but us.

I logged in irc the next evening while I was getting ready to go out of town and there were three factions calling me out to log in and face them in game. It's pretty funny to see them look for a fight in every direction except the other two orange factions. Guess they had to go pking instead.
    Theodin and Punt like this.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Sounds like you guys are all peas in a pod then. I'm sorry it bothers you so much, but I personally give no shits at all about who is looking for fights with who else. If it's really unsatisfactory to you, you could have left in the part about going to play WoW for two weeks as it is the honest truth, instead of editing it out after you realized how it sounded. Go right ahead, no one's stopping you from leaving because what you wanted didn't show up exactly how you'd always hoped.

What's a long time pet peeve of mine, is people getting fights they claim they wanted, and finding everything they can to complain about HOW it happened. Then to put a cherry on their sundae, they turn around and do the same thing. While you haven't had the desire, or coincidental timing to appear, to be colluding with enemies, you have gone down the road of knee-jerk reaction daemon summoning (thanks HateCrime) and naming your entire crew the same thing to make calling drops harder in the field (thanks HateCrime). While that's all well within the rules of the game, I daresay it fails to promote what it is you are really after. Yes there are four factions here but the shard is small and whether it's all one team or 3 teams versus yours, what difference does it really make? They are all orange and you haven't been losing hard to it. You know full well when to call off the fight for your crew, so what does it really matter who's who?

So whether it's me running solo into 3 CoM in Ice Dungeon so long ago and feeling like they could have been honorable and not looted me, or you getting upset that you stomped out a newbie team with two stragglers from other factions, we're all getting fights, aren't we? You know I suck at this and we've only got a handful of PvP experience in TB, so why not encourage that with good sportsmanship you allude to having, instead of this pissfountain of a thread? I'm going to keep trying and whether you want to believe it or not, I have never, nor will I ever, call in another Faction to back me up. If they want to get involved in trying to stomp you out without attacking me, sorry, that's just PvP. I've seen this happen for four years now, starting on UOSA, where blues would show up while I'm trying my hardest to fight reds and they just watch me eat shit because they are friends with the reds or just don't care.
    If you've fostered animosity towards your group by your never ending hatred of people who play the exact same way as you, that is what you're most likely to get in return. So go ahead and keep calling bart a piece of shit for playing UO within the rules of the game while you do things yourself you know are not. I'd like to PvP more and I don't care against or with who. If people are calling out the de facto champs for a fight, perhaps its because they want the experience of fighting the best. You know you've got it, but you don't care to develop it in others through experience.

TL: DR, I know it bugs you. It's not intentional on my part, despite any further lies or assumptions your team fosters about me. I just want to practice PvP and bring more of it to you as often as I can. I intentionally avoided it out of spite and solely CTFed and when I finally rallied up the real deal....this is what I get.

Sorry for trying, I guess.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  18. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Geeez Do we seriously have to go and pick apart each and every post either of you two posting on any thread over, and over, and over, and over again.... like go back 10 topics same stuff? This does not help with animosity between the groups, or help the community if it is the same stuff rehashed in another various way from one thread to the next..

I do not do the lent stuff but let's say you both do, NO POST PICKING FOR A MONTH! Accept the challenge!

WHO CARES THIS WAS FUN!
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I agree I had fun, but I'm not going to stop having a conversation. I'm not trying to nitpick, I'm trying to mend bridges here. The sheer fact that I've fielded again, I had hoped, would have been appreciated, not frowned upon because a couple stragglers got involved.
    I do my best to keep encouraging game play of all types but it's like certain things in life no matter how much you try to make it right, someone's going to complain. Telamon would understand completely, I'm sure.
    Xegugg likes this.
  20. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I am glad you came out to play.