UOR Neighborhoods?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Titanious, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Titanious

Titanious New Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Greetings!

I have recently started searching for a preferable spot to place a small house and of course placement is a top priority (if not THE priority). Having not played on this shard for long I am still unfamiliar with territory and do not want to place in a player-run town or common PK killing zone (both of which I have unknowingly done in the past and quickly moved). Participating in a player-run town again would be fulfilling but only if invited first -- and any PK zones are best left to those prepared for them. I won't hold them off long using a shovel and tinker tools.

So my question is this: Are there well known PvP zones (house eligible) or established player-run towns to avoid placing in?

A follow up question might be if there are certain UOR areas with distinct personalities, guilds, or events they are known for?

I will eventually learn these things for myself during my travels but a heads up could be useful (and amusing).

Thank you for reading,
    -Titanious
    Basoosh and One like this.
  2. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Stay clear of ice dungeon, destard, and bucs den and you should be fine.
  3. Titanious

Titanious New Member

Oh indeed. None of which I have any desire to live near nor establish a shoppe around. While my primary goal is to find a low traffic location to place my first house I also want to be mindful to avoid encroaching on any established "town" boundaries.

I did find a Player Run Town link in one of the UOR menu options. There were five+ towns listed there but the screen shots are dead links. Is this still an active directory?
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

You can settle everywhere. There is no really active player-run town left here, mainly remnants of past glory. Except PS guild area perhaps, SE of the Skara fairy.

PvP zones have been mentioned above. You also dont want to be near patios that are used for IDOCs, I guess.