UOR Price Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dalavar, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Dragkhar

Dragkhar Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Dalavar, I love you man and you realy have good intentions with this but trust me, this sucks.
    You out a heck of a job to put all this together and I didnt even read 1/4 of it but what I see in here is soooooo wrong man and who the F suggest these prices??

a few examples:
    How do you calculate the average price and value of a server unique as a Hanging beef carcass?
    If I don't want to sell min there's only one more that can be gotten, IF that owner want to sell, otherwise it's impossible = priceless.

How the hell did you come up with the price of 10k for carpet fishing nets parts?
    They are 15 plat on vendor, no one in their right mind would sell them for 10k each

Blood tiles? 200k ? really? Sell me all you have please

Brazier deed, going for less now ...

Hanging shield deed, been buying them for 40k ...

Agapite mask dye, i bought for 100k ... not 250k

Brown mask dye I bought for 85k ...

Furs, 40k? Yea but not for the dark ones ... and normally I pay 30k for the ones I buy.

Please, this thread is trash, honestly and prices WILL change over time, why even bother with this? You plan on writing down everything that is sold and put that in the calculation?
    I mean whomever is running that trade bot don't do a really good job, many prices are off there as well.
    Apoc likes this.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I expected negativity, but not from you. Bummer.

I explained in the very first post how I initially wrote the prices. For things I didn't have a strong idea about, I just whipped up a formula that looked at the number of the item on the shard. For some things like carpet pieces, I literally have no idea and rely on feedback from people. For platinum rewards, I think the best plan is to have them state that they are a platinum reward and then refer people to the price of platinum.

For the blood tiles, I should actually put a range. It took Xeg over two weeks to sell the best one for 300k, and I think the littlest ones may well be worth less than 200k.

For brazier deeds, I needed some quick cash so I sold a few pretty cheaply. This would be one item I'd love to see sitting on a vendor for a certain price to know. Ingots are an enormous pain to acquire these days, so my ability to pump these deeds out is pretty hindered.

Hanging shield will be 40k, agreed. Please remember this guide took months to make.

Agapite and brown mask dyes, sounds like you got a deal. I see an agapite selling for 200k a couple weeks ago, so I'll adjust to that.

Fur prices were recommended by Gideon, who actually sells them. I bought a bunch before the deco contest for 25k, and even that I think is high given how many are out there. But if Gideon's moving them for 40k, not much I can argue with.

In any case, the guide is here to stay because it was requested by a ton of people and is unquestionably more helpful than not (since, if it is not helpful to you, you simply shouldn't use it). Prices change, supply and demand, yada yada yada, I don't care. This guide is something that's never existed on any other shard anywhere, for this number of items with all the images and direct links for each item to an item database showing exactly how much of it exists on the shard.
    Hawkeye likes this.
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

rarePigsHead - server birth, sold one for 1mil (not saying it's worth that, just saying)
    CBD - no value listed
    nightmare price seems high to me if stats are not considered

just trying to help. Great guide!
  4. Dalavar

Thanks. Updated all three. Nightmares have been hard to come by lately, there was one player who I think was kind of monopolizing the spawns, making it hard to find one outside of him. Though I think recently his supply has come to outpace demand.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

They actually do sell for around this price. I've both purchased and sold them for this much on several occasions. It's because you can get them from fishing, not just the plat store. They also drop off of loch lake monsters.

I would highly question the sanity of anyone buying them from the plat store.

That said, the center pieces are probaly worth 20k-30k. Only the edges are that cheap usually.

Pretty awesome undertaking. Great, great job. No price list is going to satisfy everyone and there are several prices I disagree with, but this is still a tremendous creation.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Hawkeye and Mes like this.
  6. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Why are hearts 10,000 gold each?

Overall, great list - anyone who has problems with his pricing should contribute their knowledge and not whine about this. Dalavar took the time to create and format the list in a great way. As for correct pricing, that can only be done with enough community-members participating in this.
    Infantry and Basoosh like this.
  7. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

Would be nice to see wands. ID Wand, GH, Lightning, Mana Drain

per charge
  8. Dalavar

Done, thanks. Let me know how the prices look, I haven't ever bought or sold any of these myself.
  9. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Can I get this in Spreadsheet format?

Amazing work! and one hell of an effort to define what has been a hit or miss and fluid market. Well Done, well done indeed.

I agree with a lot of the prices, some seem high, some seem low, but until I can provide evidence that backs my "seems" I will keep my comments to myself :)

Overall I love it !!!!
    Mes likes this.
  10. Dalavar

I do have it in a spreadsheet (one sheet per post above), but it's really messy. Its only purpose is to make it easy to update things in forum format and in Darkwing's IRC format.

Please do make any suggestions you have - many of these were my hasty estimates as I was putting it together and focusing mostly on format, pulling in images and links, etc. Thanks!
  11. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I noticed you are missing Halloween sandals and masks from 2013.

Don't know if any have ever gone for sale but I can tell you I wouldn't sell mine (500 hcoin version) for any less than 3 mil. There were 300, 400 and 500 hcoin versions of the sandals and I believe the mask dye was 300 hcoins.

Also the cupids battle mask from valentines day 2014. I believe a couple of these sold both for more than 1 mil if I remember correctly.
  12. Dalavar

Thanks, they will be added in my next refresh. I'm going to put 2M for now on the sandals, as I think they now have some competition outclassing them in the "orange" department (2nd anniv sandals). In general, I try to base the prices on the person who would sell them for the lowest price and the person who would buy them for the highest price. Halloween Masks at 1.5M, Cupid at 1M sounds good. Halloween masks it looks like number 5 in total, and each one is a different item type, which is nice.
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Great guide! Nice work Dalavar. I would like to add that those colored ingot prices are more akin to the times when Rover was running 3x miners on full auto and not very accurate for today's marketplace. Otherwise, definitely a great guide.
    Hawkeye likes this.
  14. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  15. Dalavar

Thanks guys, both updated. Agreed, especially on the low-end ingots. I've never paid more than 12 for even valorite, but those garg shovels are real tough to find at the moment.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Really? I guess I should sell some.

Also, I have the only Elemental Commander Statuette that I paid 2m for. I have no idea if there will be another.
  17. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

That was a statue from a very very old event that took place in cove. The boss of the 4 part event dropped that. (I think, its been a while)
  18. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Never seen a mindblast wand....
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  19. Dalavar

I think I missed it in my guide completely, I'll add it. Not sure how to price it now that that sprite is the most common statue sprite of all, but the hue, lore, and name is nice. Of course, given that you're unlikely to sell, the price is somewhat useless anyways :)
  20. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018