UOR Price Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dalavar, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

True enough, I likely would not part with it for under 4m at this point, unless it was a close friend asking. I have a terrible soft spot for deals with friends.

Right, it was several events combined and Shenanigans got the luck of the drop (I think maybe high damager on the boss). I offered him 2m, right away, site unseen because it was purple. Shame he eventually moved on from the shard but definitely happy he took my initial offer. Granted, if I wasn't a guildmate, he likely would have listed it.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

^ Magic Weapons and Slayers guide added!
    Vlar likes this.
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Amazing guide!

You're an animal Dalavar GodMage!

I was offered 4 mil for the 1st year sandals over a year ago. Don't think I would sell, ever, but I reckon someone else might sell theirs for 5-6?

BTW when you walk the animation looks like your feet have glowing purple soles :rolleyes:
  4. Dalavar

Yeah, that price of 2.5 was more for 2nd anniv, and even then seems a bit outdated already. Not sure I want to have an entry for every year, but will put a range to help distinguish. Even then, going more than 4 seems questionable on those. Prices aren't based solely on what it would take someone to sell, but also what it would take someone to buy. If you would never sell, that just means you're disqualifying yourself from being involved in the pricing :)
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Heh, I knew you'd say that :p

And yeah to me they are priceless because they're are probably the single most valuable item I ever owned in UO (sad I know).

I think with these the demand greatly outstretches the supply to the prices are set by the sellers ;)
  6. Apoc

Apoc Member

nice guide still need to update the prices here... a lot of stuff seems to be listed way way too low unless this is a tactic where you get to buy all the things you need and want at a lower price ^^
    Markos likes this.
  7. Dalavar

If you have any specific suggestions of prices that should be changed, let me know. A blanket statement that "a lot of stuff seems low" isn't something I can really work with.
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Wise likes this.
  9. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

10. Dalavar

Frankly I'm surprised at how little negative feedback there's been so far.

I thought about the "recently sold for" (as both a definition of the value shown, and its description), but that can have its own issues too. So for now I think people are just gonna have to deal with the editorial discretion, and hopefully objectivity will win out in the long run.
    Wise likes this.
  11. Gideon Jura

12. Dalavar

Updated with Halloween items, Thanksgiving items, and Christmas items.
  13. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Phoenix Armor[​IMG] Phoenix armor pieces are obtained from the Smith BOD system. They have the protection of a standard piece of armor, with a special name and hue. They are newbied, meaning they will not be found in your corpse unless you are a murderer (red) at the time of death.
    phoenix armor piece average price: 1.5M

typo
  14. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member

Skah when this shard was first up I got honorable mention in a shard event. Was 3 jugs of cider. It fell with my small tower a month later.... 500K flushed down the toilet. Well, hopefully someone found them if they would really go for that much.
  15. Gideon Jura

Vishakt likes this.
  16. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Hi Delavar, I have used your price guide for much, but the magic weapons section has become less and less accurate over the last 6 months. As shown by several recent sales, magic weapons have dropped in value greatly. However, archery weapons are still holding good value as they cannot be cheaply repaired... buying a new power bow is still cheaper than fort powder.

Given this, please consider my thoughts for new magic weapon pricing.

Base Weapon Price
    100gp if top-tier: bow, crossbow, maybe some axes, or other in-demand weapons?
    75gp if high-tier: long spear, short spear, war fork, kryss, halberd, quarterstaff, katana, war hammer, war axe, large battle axe, two handed axe, battle axe, axe, double axe, executioner's axe.
    60gp if mid-tier: bardiche, maul, mace, war mace, hammer pick, scimitar, cutlass, long sword, broad sword, viking sword, heavy crossbow.
    25gp if low-tier: gnarled staff, black staff, dagger, pitchfork, cleaver, hatchet, pickaxe, butcher knife, skinning knife, club, shepherd's crook.
    Tactics Modifier
    no modifier: ignore this step
    +5 = 1.5x
    +10 = 2.0x
    +15 = 3.0x
    +20 = 4.0x
    +25 = 6.0x

Damage Modifier
    no bonus: ignore this step
    Ruin = 1.5x
    Might = 2x
    Force = 5x
    Power = 10x
    Vanquishing = 30x

I have checked this vs. prices on Yew player vendors and its pretty accurate. +20 halberd of power is about 3k these days, +25 halberd of vanq is around 13.5k. I encourage anyone to run some numbers and see if it feel accurate for the current market. Please also let me know if I am crazy and this is all wrong!

P.S. someone with an axer needs to update if any axes fall into mid-tier, or if they are worth more.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  17. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

I'd say you can skip everything below power and say it's worthless apart from their vendor value.

The rest looks reasonable. *thumbs up Keza*
  18. Dalavar

Thanks! Updated. The reason I keep the Ruin and Might modifiers is that they're applicable for slayer weapons. Hopefully the resulting numbers for those weapons, when not slayers, comes out to something that makes one decide to NPC vendor it.
  19. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

When calculating, people could come to the conclusion that it's worth selling force weapons (e.g. +15 force bow for 1.5k is never going to happen). They should soon know better, when nothing sells or you could add the notice that magic stuff below power doesn't sell.
  20. Dalavar

The problem is that prices based on weapon features aren't linear, they have interaction effects. Like force could be 2x and orc slayer could be 3x but a force orc slayer could be 10x. I don't really know how to model that without getting annoying with things like exponents. Really I just want new players to know whether the weapon they found is worth 1k, 10k, or 100k. Beyond that, the market will dictate the details anyways.
    Keza likes this.