Urk Rat Clomp! Tuesday April 15th , 7:30pm cst. Humans and Others Welcome!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Xegugg, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

The Bloodrock Clan is having a rat clomp!

Everyone is invited to participate.

Greebas ull, Ogtuuk Klerg! Der be raht clomp fur ull tu kum tu. Bluudchok'Hai wuntz tu cee ib umies en udderz hab wut et taykz tu guk a myti raht. Lut da raht bluud flo!

When: Tuesday April 15th at 7:30pm central

Location Venue: Ningauble's Tower near the cross roads by compassion

Rules:
    Bring your own small rat, no taming is needed to tame one
    Only small rats allowed
    One rat per person
    You can name the rat
    No healing or vet allowed on the rat
    No buffing allowed on the rat
    You can work as a team with others to take out other rats (to do this say All Kill and target the rat you want to clomp)

All rats will enter the fighting pit, last rat standing wins! A prize will be awarded to the owner of the winning rat.

Below is the location of where the event will be held

[​IMG]
    Huzke, Basoosh and TrojanCow like this.
  2. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I may own the venue but I am not actually hosting this time, does that mean I can compete? My well-trained rat, Ratsputin, is lookin' to do some clompin'! However, if it might be considered a conflict of interest, he is willing to go merc and be a contract-clomper for another player.
  3. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I just saw this in Ocllo while hanging' out with Griz.
    RatPack.png
    ReZon, Huzke and Ningauble like this.
  4. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

The Rat Pack! That is so awesome!
  5. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Ning you are good to go.
    Ningauble likes this.
  6. Gnarl

Gnarl Active Member

Are steel-tipped rat spurs allowed?
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  7. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

No,also no PEDs....(Pet Enhancing Drugs....)
  8. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hmmm... can Rats actually kill each other? I remember an event a while back with chickens in which they couldn't actually hurt each other, without GM intervention I think.
  9. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Ratsputin is a killer, I assure you.
  10. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

they can kill each other. You can also work with others to take rats out too.
  11. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Thank you Xegugg and Urk friends for the time and effort you spent planning this event. Unfortunately some jackass thought it funny to grief the event with a purple pot and for that I am very sorry. It was my distinct pleasure to provide the venue and it was great to see all the participants turn out for it. It's just a shame that even a simple and silly little rat fight can't happen on this shard without some miserable shit trying to ruin it.

I'm not certain why this pisses me off so much as I really had no personal investment in it, but it does. Contemplating my next event at the towers to be a land rush as I redeed the fuckers and walk away.
    BelXavier likes this.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

It was a fun event, thank you to the hosts.
  13. BelXavier

BelXavier Member

Very fun amidst the chaos, There should a booky of some sort next time and make some wagers. I know a certain URK who can't eat my horse now. Splinter is one tough rat and will be around for the next Clomp.
  14. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I enjoyed it! While the purple potion was annoying, it realistically probably saved 20 minutes of watching rats, and the result was no less random :)
  15. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

haha. No need to take it out on yourself or on the towers. The toxin of griefers unfortunately is potent only towards targets.

Also, the means of security are up to the hosts of the events. I think the Urks did a bang up job, however, they decided to allow for 'non-ghosted' entrance to their event, that was their call. I think of it as a challenge and a test of event hosts to determine the appropriate level of security vs method of registration.

If you want to open up an event to the entire shard and if the end result of that event can be impacted by one rotten apple, then I'd always recommend a ghost entry only. The thing about griefers is this simple generalization applies to almost all of them: They only go for easy targets. If they see their task to ruin an event won't be easy they will usually go find a new player in Occlo to grief and demonstrate their superior skill. In the end, security measures are like locks on car doors, they're only designed to keep out the 80% of the world class idiots from getting into your car. The truly dedicated griefers won't be deterred even by sophisticated methods.

Personally, the only time I'd allow for an event without checking bags is if I am running something with friends only, or if the end result will not be impacted by purple pots being thrown.
  16. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I missed it! Real-life intervened. So the first thing I wanted to see when I clicked here was how it went... My eyes landed on this sentence immediately.

"Unfortunately some jackass thought it funny to grief the event with a purple pot and for that I am very sorry."

[​IMG]
    But seriously that does suck... even if there is some level of humor to the horror. I say we find who it was and exclude them from future player events. And by exclude I'm mean dismember and feed to our pets.
  17. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOGRAHHHH! Da clomp wuz beeg evunt fur Urk en umies. gug gruup kaym tu da rat comp. Grog wuz eburiwhur tu dreenk, *snarls* et soh guuug, ee lyke grog. mani ratz ull obur. Der wuz sum demhed whu clomp'd sum ratz un akzident wid porpul mojo wahtur. Ee nub lyk dat.

Rat Clomp start.jpg

Der whur sum myti ratz en et kaym down tu ta ob dem. Ttocs whu rat Shredeer en BelXaver wid Splinter. Ta gug ratz ee sai. *snarls* Dem clomp'n en clomp'n en clomp'n fur ebur. Soh we hab tu gib tymur un weej rat wuz myti en Shredder Weenz! Kungraytullaytshunz Ttocs un weenung! heem lut ee clomp heem rat abtur et ween. Bluudchok'hai wehl du diz egun sumtyme. Ee huup uu ull hab gug tym! *snarls*

Rat clomp final.jpg
    Nadia likes this.
  18. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I and Bloodrock Clan / Urk would like to do something like this again. It is unfortunate that some events can have things happen and end up with a crummy result but it is part of this game. Ttocs was able to get the statue replaced by someone very kind. I thank you very much for that. It's about having fun, and that was our intention for everyone. Thank you all who came.
    BelXavier likes this.
  19. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Don't mind me. Just been in a shitty mood lately. Must be the weather.

I know shit like that is going to happen and it is part of the game. I know the score. My last few events have been rather grief-free and I foolishly thought that maybe we have moved past the "somebodys gotta wreck it" stage.

The towers ain't going nowhere. Snap told me when I got them that they can't be replaced if they get dropped for some reason. All we can do is not get discouraged and keep going with the events and hope things iron themselves out. Better to provide fun for a dozen people on the off chance that one jackass might try getting his jollies by messing it up rather than provide nothing for anyone.

If I was getting rid of them I would see them go to people that might carry on with that ideal, probably donate one each to the Urks, Paws, and Stormhold. Til that day comes, I'll keep going with the events and provide a venue for others to host theirs.

Sorry about being bitchy last night.
    ReZon, Jupiter and Xegugg like this.
  20. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Haha. I'm glad to hear all is not lost!

Great event again!