Use of a VPN client and avoid triggering a ban)

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Leopold, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello,

I'm hoping I can get an admin or someone to weigh in on this. I use a VPN on my laptop that randomly assigns an IP address each time I connect. Some IP addresses may be shared with other users. Is there any chance that I could inadvertently trigger an account ban by either appearing to be sharing my account with many others (different IP address each time I log on) or by appearing to have too many accounts associated with an IP address (in the case of another VPN user playing?). I may be able to have the VPN assign the same IP address every time, although I'm not sure how long I can reserve it for.

Any advice? I am using Torguard VPN and my 2nd account is connected through the VPN right now.

Thanks
  2. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

No. Unless you just happpppened to be on that ip during the ban. If for whatever reason the server disconnected you or prohibited the connection to the server a reboot or disconnect/reconnect would solve your problems. What you could do is set an exception on your vpn on a specific port or application. If you're running it as a protocol in network settings. Using a software like for might limit you to these options but shouldn't.