Use of Justice Virtue - Proposal

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jupiter, Jul 13, 2014.

1. snaggle

snaggle Member

Thats a good idea. seeing a white on the screen could let some people feel a little safer.
    Cedrek likes this.
  2. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Just leave it how it is, or just spawn trolls on them..
  3. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

As much as I would have agreed with you back in the day Xegugg when the OSI servers were hitting high marks for population, I feel that a re-vamped bounty system tied to the virtues some how could truly benefit this shard in that it would promote player interaction (something that is lacking on this server), it would allow more PvP to take place which is another complaint that is voiced from time to time. Finally it would allow those that feel getting steam-rolled by a gank squad is unfair a certain measure of in-game justice (let's face it how many rage posts do we see in the forums regarding this issue alone).

It would offer something that UO really has needed but no one has ever truly addressed it, a means for the server community to police themselves. Sure, one could say that the potential to start an anti-PK guild has always existed, but true to human nature if there is no incentive to do so, people simply won't do it.

The bounty system would be a good idea if gold was something in scarce supply, but that is NOT the case on this server. To motivate people to hunt PK's a "unique" incentive would have to be offered and I feel the virtue system would be a good mechanic to work into the process as well.
    Jupiter and snaggle like this.
  4. snaggle

snaggle Member

That all makes sense but I guess the real question now would be what would the "unique" incentive be? Do you have a thought on that I can't seem to think of much except maybe a title or a trophy after so many hunts or kills. And to address the fake blue thing, I think that if you start on the justice virtue and you kill a blue you have to start all over everything you get is lost even the "unique" incentive that way it could be costly to be a fake justice seeker. there has to be some down fall too just like being a PK has downfalls it would balance it out.
  5. Brymstone

Well it would have to be something balanced, maybe trophies after so many bounties collected, platinum or maybe someone could come up with something truly unique that would really motivate people to want to engage in the mind-numbing task of tracking reds down, because it's not as easy as it sounds.

PK hunting is a hit and miss endeavor, kind of like fishing, you wait for one to show up and after a long search or wait you actually find one, only to have them slip through your fingers or worse, get the better of you and dirt nap ya.

As it is now the rewards are simply not worth the effort, the highest bounty right now is 28k or something like that, speding the same amount of time and alot less effort farming will yield a significantly larger amount of gold and magic items.
  6. snaggle

snaggle Member

Very true. Platinum isn't a bad idea. that is a big incentive for a lot of people so it could bring a lot of people to hunt Pk. As for me I loved it when on OSi mu Pk was hunted all the time if made for a lot of fun night. Sometimes a lot of dying but who cares its the fun the matters me.
  7. Brymstone

I remember running from BLUE gank squads at Brit X-Roads it was the main reason I loved being a PK back then.

The PvP that would break out at the Brit X-Roads, Wrong entrance and the Desert X-Roads was epic back in the day.
  8. snaggle

snaggle Member

I played on Atlantic and for me it was Brit xroads and destard those were where I would have fun with the blue gank squads. There was even a guild by the bridgad camp that I would hang out at. They were a blue guild but let me hang around people would come looking for me there just to have fun.