Using Old School Music

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Namarra, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Namarra

Namarra Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Greetings, UO Renaissance!

This quick guide will cover how to replace the music in the UO Renaissance client with music more faithful to the game during the actual Renaissance era.

Before all of this, here are a couple of videos showcasing the quality of the music in the provided Option A pack.

Step One: Download the music.

For this we have two options:

Option A) My files that sound very close to the game's music during the Renaissance expansion.
    Option B) Files provided by Lightshade that were converted from music during The Second Age expansion.

Step Two: Locate the music folder.

This should be located where you installed the UO Renaissance client. For example, my music is located at "E:/Ultima Online/music". Inside this folder should be all of the client's current MP3 files.

Step Three: Back up the current UO:R music.

You can do this by copying the whole folder to a new location or making an archive (.zip or .rar) of the current files but it's always a good idea to back up the original files in case you want to reverse the changes you made.

Step Four: Replace the old files.

Extract the MP3 files from the archive you downloaded (this will be UO_MP3.rar for my files or T2A_MP3S.zip for Lightshade's files) into the "Ultima Online/music" folder, replacing all files if asked.

Footnote: If you want to use customized music in your client all you need to do is simply rename your music tracks (as long as they are MP3 format) to the tracks in the music folder and your own music will play in whatever situation that file normally plays. Have fun!
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016