Vella's Keep Set to Collapse april 23

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Von, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Von

Von New Member

Vella's "RTU Keep" in Trinsic jungles has been refreshed and will never be refreshed again. Vella has quit game. The RTU Keep will be intentionally Collapsed and it loaded with Stuff. 500 to 1000 platnium... a ethy lllama... and gold and regs.. all put in to about 200 bags and boxes... with weight to keep from auto looting. This Keep is going to be intentionally IDOC ed.. If it doesn't collapse by 1130 pm est next april 23 i will callpse it intentially. Vella wanted to give new players a chance to get stuff so thats why so many bags and stuff. Our enemys will probable be driven off by The Shadow lords S/L guild and allow new players to loot what ever they want but this will be a free for all and who knows what will happen. I dont' know all the reason Vella quit but one reason is Vella enjoyed "Giving" .. and one Big issue is Vella gave the Server 18 or more public "harrowers" and brought the Server about 20,000 platnuum And instead of any thanks, most players dismissed him... and didn't thank him. AT guild purposely pked him at a champ once just "to do it" and all vella wante to do was help themfinish champ. (thats the reason AT has had reaped so much trouble from us since ..its there own fault). I will note that COM did give Vella thanks..(they were in Voice at the time) . SL did give vella thanks (and we didn't even know them at the time). But I do have stong words for the GM... after giving the shard Harrowers ..that everyone loved and it DID NOT cause any lag...the GM Game Master Changed the Rules specifically to "Nerf" public harrowers so only 1000 platnium is given to a few players. This was a Terrrrrrrible move and a wrong direction to go. Instead of making Public harrowers fun and profitable to EVERYONE ..the rule changes only benified a few guilds like "SL" who Could do harrowers with as little as 4 players and reap 250 platnium a piece in 30 min.. And the rule Changes made "Raiding other peoples Harrowers" a problem. The Decision to Defund public harrowers was a mistake and wrong direction. And the disrespect given to the power player "Vella" is one of the main reasons he quit the game.
  2. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Let us all clasp one another in a giant hug as we commiserate together.

I predict last minute refresh and a "trolled ya".

Seems I met Vella at a bad time and got entirely the wrong impression.

I'm a smarmy c*nt.

20 laps.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    Dalavar likes this.
  4. TheDankNugget

TheDankNugget Well-Known Member

more like a gift for bart
    -=[LiTH]=-, Lyta, wylwrk and 2 others like this.
  5. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I didn't like vella much, I enjoyed messing with him quite a bit, but I do have to give the guy credit for doing his best to bring champ spawns to the public and to give him credit for being a power gamer. It's sad that he's gone, now I'll never be able to steal from him again.
  6. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

7. Von

Von New Member

no I won't "refresh it" .. because I have integrity ask anyone..
  8. Jack of Shadows

Give Vella my regards and well wishes for the future.
  9. Koray Ali

Koray Ali Member

Who is Vella and why are you writing here instead of him?
  10. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Vella is one of the coolest and most generous guys on this shard. He is without any doubt the grandfather of 3boxing and the most professional up to date. Yes, he powergamed like crazy with his three clients, but would give it all away without hesitation if you asked, too. And he tried funny stuff with his tamers, e.g. invented the mare train, or his famous archtamer squad wielding three high-end silver heavy xbows in Deceit...

I had a great time with him during my first half year here (very friendly with thieves) and will definitely miss him.

Farewell, man.
    Canis and Orion GM BD like this.
  11. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Take care Vella. I think you taught us all that you don't need to be a 3-year vet to be a baller around here. I think Vella had the top PvM spot claimed within like 2-3 months and basically redefined what one player can do with 3-accounts around here. I think everyone had a 'holy shit' reaction to Vella rolling through spawns with the trillion mare march.

If the reason you're quitting is because you can't run public harrowers, well ... you still can. The only difference is everyone isn't going to walk away with 60 plat anymore. Plenty of people will still show up and be very grateful if you host them. Is the Harrower plat change the wrong direction for the server? I personally loved the public harrowers because it got everyone out and working together, but I can see it was creating an incredible flow of an end-game resource that is supposed to be earned at a slower rate. I think the change I would have made would have been for 10-plat per account, rather than the 1000 bucket. That said, I'd still rather have an admin that is cognizant of the game's economy and trends, rather than one that doesn't care and just lets it sink.

If the reason you're quitting is because you didn't get "respect" for those public harrowers ... I'm baffled. That day you ran the Harrower-train, there was nothing but showers of praise for hours on end in IRC. I've never seen anyone on UOR get that many Internet high-fives. Telamon doesn't even get that when he rolls out a patch that has been months in the making.

I don't know what exactly the A^T thing was about, but I will tell you that I get put into the ground on a pretty regular basis because of guild feuds, IDOC circles, and all kinds of other random stuff that I'm not involved in. I literally just PvM and run a shop around here. But that's Felucca. Pull yourself back up, soldier.
    Canis, Dalavar, Avery and 3 others like this.
  12. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

I have great memories of Vella.

The original post, however, became about Vella quitting and trying to be generous to new players by letting them have a shot at gear, into an editorial on how the harrow mechanics have changed and a shot at Telamon. I dont think thats what Vella would want, and if it is, let him state it.

Also, why not just do some huge give-away or raffle or something? Because truth be told, there are some amazing IDOCers here who know how to get what they want, and new players wont really stand a chance against their organization and methods.

Just my initial thoughts on this whole thing.

EDIT: Von if you are Vella, I am sorry you are leaving. I like you. But you post talks about Vella in the third person so thats why I was confused.
  13. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

I'll personally say that I thought Vella was ok at first, but he was very hot headed when things didn't go his way and seems to throw tantrums quite a bit. He used to come into our voice and would rage over the smallest of things. I have never personally had an issue with Von and always thought he was a pretty good guy. So when I killed you a few times recently Von, no hard feelings. You just became a victim of circumstance :)
    Iago and wylwrk like this.
  14. Jack of Shadows

I agree with this, donate it to someone for an event, hold an event, or something. An idoc is the surest way to insure that only a few players are going to be rewarded, and you can most likely be sure that they wont be new.
    Dr Satan, Avery, Basoosh and 2 others like this.
  15. Koray Ali

Koray Ali Member

True, I am a new player, I dont have even a half complete character and I know that I have absolutely no chance to loot something when it collapses. So I wont be there :)
    According to these posts Vella seems to be a very good guy, farewell Vella , wish you good luck :)
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  16. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

RIP public harrowers

Sorry to see you go, Vella

I shall collect as much loot as I can in your honor
    The Crooked Warden likes this.
  17. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I think it was more a case of him feeling betrayed when a number of people who he had been nothing but friendly to told him to fuck himself once he started running with TT a bit. I think that it was a big eye opener for Vella when he found himself on the wrong side of the grudge that has plagued this server for years, and that discovering how ugly was it soured his opinion of the server quite a bit.
    Obviously this post is going to lead to a whole lot of salty guys coming in here accusing people of playing the victim, but I still feel the need to explain what I feel Vella's thoughts were. I don't think it's a matter of him needing to pull himself back up, I think it's just a matter of him falling out of love with the server when he realized how ugly the grudges here were.
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

who is vella:
    As others said he was the first and best at triple boxing tamers. He solo'd champ spawns regularly and whenever he came to one he gave 100% and carried any spawn he was at. He imparted to us countless methods and strategies to make this kind of play efficient. He's just the kind of person that is always the best at anything he does and a giving and patient teammate.

When we played Dayz he was the guy that dropped his rifle to teammates and made the most out of pistols in firefights. In Hurtworld he worked tirelessly to equip his teammates and I'd log on and he'd have spent his time making sure I was better outfitted than he was. In heroes of the storm as a rank 1 player he patiently pulls our team of idiots through games every day. He will give you the shirt off his back at any time and regularly did giveaways or found people to share his in game wealth with. I remember he would seek out new players and let them pick up gold while he farmed high end mobs.

In UO, even long after he was checked out he showed up to bail me out to fights regularly and he was like a hurricane. If we were beset by multiple enemy factions he'd log in and clean house because it was important to him to help us out, and I'll always appreciate that.

He's capable of pulling stunts that noone else would even try. During halloween he was being attacked by Pax, amfekk, bart, iago, and the O^S team on reds and I saw him cross e-field pax's red by himself. The timing and maneuvering for that is pretty crazy. Trying to cross efield a moving target with a team of players is hard enough, but Vella could do it by himself while operating multiple accounts and managing to keep his characters perpendicular to each other to make it a cross.

[​IMG]

why vella quit:
    I don't think I can articulate all of the reasons exactly, but I do recall him feeling backstabbed right after he joined SL when he showed up to a champ spawn and multiple blues took counts for him. I think it was O^S blues but I wasn't really there. Obviously some time has passed because he's been in SL for something like a year or more since then. I think that recently when our members were being jailed or threatened by staff in the last six months he was increasingly annoyed with staff interactions and planning to move on to other things.

the keep:
    Vella prepared this keep some time ago as a giveaway event. He designed it to be an idoc and probably would have dropped it some time ago if he could have been sure that a diverse demographic of players would be present to pick up the loot unmolested. Now that he has quit, Von is planning to see this carried out.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  19. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

20 days old here so never met the guy, but he sounds like a super cool dude. Sucks that players like this leave, they are a valuable part of the ecosystem. Personally, I will be there to try and obtain some of his hard earned treasures. If he should ever return and request them back, I would happily restore them to him.......then ask to take me to the champ spawn. I mean for real solo a champ? Hats off to you my good sir.

One last question, where is this keep located at?
  20. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Wow, I must have met the wrong Vella because that ^ is nothing like the Vella I met.
    -=[LiTH]=-, Iago and Bogugh like this.