Verizon Ping issues

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Dalavar, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Last night, 10:30pm EST, ping of 70. Fantastic. But again, somehow I lost connection overnight. So unfortunately I cannot diagnose when the disconnect is happening, but at least for US players, there appears to be a much wider band of primetime in which the connection is strong.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Could this be related to my wife using the DVR? We have "whole house" DVR where it sends shows to other boxes, though she is usually using the same box that the show is actually recorded on...
  3. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

Just so you know the server went down in the middle of the night last night. I didn't get on IRC or anything and see what was happening but I am assuming it was another DDOS.
  4. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

I refreshed houses last night and noticed I'm pinging 30-40's! Did the server move? Haven't been on for a couple months but now I won't be able to resist gaming with a ping that low.

Anything that uses bandwidth will negatively impact your connection. Can TRoute and see where lag is. Could use Quality of Service feature in most newer routers to give your games priority.
  5. Animal Control

Animal Control Well-Known Member

Yeah he moved servers a while ago. Hope ya come back soon Artex :)