Vet rewards

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jack of Shadows, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Since plat has inflated to absurd prices and anyone with an account can buy/earn plat regardless of age, I propose that the plat system and the vet system be separated into two systems. While I'd love to see the plat system get a vast expansion of a lot of items, I think having a time based vet reward system would be great going by 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year etc and the anniversary events are nice, but only a select few get the top tier rewards like masks/sandals, so a set in stone time based system would be more like a vet reward system that fairly rewards everyone.

even if it's 1 plat reward choice per account per year would be cool, but even char slot increases, plat or hcoin gifts (100 per year?) things like that

Discuss
    newme likes this.
  2. Tpain

Tpain Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

No free rewards. You get plat if you support the server by being an online active member, however you see that fit.
    I think its a perfect system, and I love the current price of plat. Creates a nice market for it.

Well done Telamon. Ya done good.
    eherruh, One and newme like this.
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I remember having a 15-minute argument with some guy in IRC back in April that said plat was going to tank back down to 6k. #vindicated
    newme likes this.
  4. Jack of Shadows

It's not free, vet rewards were a means to reward players for play time numbered in years. Plat has almost doubled in the past 2 years. And UO prodo was never shy about giving out free stuff, the very idea that this should never be done is foolish. (Which speaking of, I hope Christmas this year goes back to the old system of a server wide event like NOH and not through the scrolls where zergs were getting dozens up to 100 scrolls and normal folks getting 0 to a couple)
    newme likes this.
  5. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

Me too!!! I hate the scroll system so much
    newme and Jack of Shadows like this.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Crooked Warden and newme like this.
  7. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, interesting thread.

I join the ranks of not liking the scroll system. I've only been invited to two scroll things, ended up not getting points as the pets targeted everything. lol I just do the over land spawns and the Halloween events. (although this year, I wasn't able to participate. )

I like the concept of a "vet reward", but my idea would be to get something, say, like a vase or plaque which could be displayed in your house. Engraved of-course.These would be of value, as the longer you have played here, the less plaque or vase would be in the world.

Keep the scavenger hunt thou, it's lot of fun and gets tons of folks involved.

And yes, well done Telamon and staff who works on these events. You all do a great job.

Believe it was Will Rogers who said. "You can't please all the people all the time, can only please some of the people some of the time"

Something long those lines.

Enjoy all.
  8. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I like the idea of vet rewards.

Why you ask?
    Because anyone here long enough to macro 3 tamers can rake in piles of plat.

Yes, plat prices are good right now but the rewards are far too common in game.
    Cordelia Black and newme like this.
  9. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

I like separate vet rewards from plat.
    Like on OSI. You'd get ranger armor pieces at i think 3,6 and 12 month mark.
    Some rewards can be non-useable/tradeable to any character not on the account ID that claimed it.
    Especially so for a vet item with some minor bonus like +1 stealth steps or a +5 bonus to fishing skill ( like the tamer mask ). But id rather not see rich bloated vets with 80-120 million gold and god knows what kind of plat, able to make tens of millions picking rare masks and sandal rewards just cause they have an old account.

More robin hood,
    Less robbing hood, so to speak.
    newme likes this.
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

ore colored / armor valued (not working) vet robes out

ore colored / armor valued (maybe) vet hooded shrouds in

:)
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    newme and Cordelia Black like this.
  11. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

I have an account that is 1300 days old, and ive only played here actively four months. Are you suggesting I should get free rewards because I did that?

Im just trying to understand why this isnt free. Seems to me like logging in, and getting plat for being online, is free as well. Just perspective I guess. Maybe we are talking about different things and someone can enlighten me?

If you have three tamers and are farming enough to get yourself what you need, thats cool, but youre probably not giving it away. If you are, then a lucky small percentage in the play base here will get anything. If you buy and use something, you are creating the market perfectly as intended. The rewards are a plat sink. Its eating what takes time to create, even for three tamers. That fireplace sitting in your house does nothing for me, actually kinda makes me want a few. Plus all my ethys, and runebooks I still need. Are you gonna give them to me? Great discount maybe?

Im just talking now, I have no experience with the Christmas Scrolls, but ill take your word on that. Hopefully they do it like NoH because this great.
    Basoosh, One and newme like this.
  12. Jack of Shadows

[quote="
    If you have three tamers and are farming enough to get yourself what you need.[/quote]

and the heart of everything wrong

mobs have to be increased in difficultly, drops decreased, and then more triple boxed tamers
    Cordelia Black, newme and Mindless like this.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    eherruh, Dalavar and newme like this.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

Cordelia Black and newme like this.
  15. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

noobs.
  16. Jack of Shadows

Uhm, that's how the vet system on OSI worked, it's not like I'm dropping this idea out of left field. And that's why I suggested things like extra char slots or items not redeemable for gold, but something that isn't favored to triple boxing power gamers or guilds.
  17. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

Aye if we wanna get technical the plat system is the "Double you tee eff mate?" compared to the actual OSI Vet reward system. See my previous text

I like separate vet rewards from plat.
    Like on OSI. You'd get ranger armor pieces at i think 3,6 and 12 month mark.
    Some rewards can be non-useable/tradeable to any character not on the account ID that claimed it.
    Especially so for a vet item with some minor bonus like +1 stealth steps or a +5 bonus to fishing skill ( like the tamer mask ). But id rather not see rich bloated vets with 80-120 million gold and god knows what kind of plat, able to make tens of millions picking rare masks and sandal rewards just cause they have an old account.

More robin hood,
    Less robbing hood, so to speak.

Directed in large part @One , but with friendly intentions. :) @newme have you considered this way of looking at it? I liked your idea too but again, people would rake in tens of millions by virtue of having old accounts they used to play 3 years ago.

Never meant to add more money,or to even be tradeable outside the account which redeemed it. minimally usefull or somewhat unique (in appearance). A thank you,not a powerscroll or 10 mil sandals for having made an account 3 years ago and then never played only to come back to be a rothschilde.
    newme and One like this.
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

newme, eherruh and Cordelia Black like this.
  19. Jack of Shadows

Absurd, you guys act like decoing your house is going to affect your real life stock portfolio or cause a catastrophic affect on the market. By your own logic take out the free plat since that's a free 300k per month for doing nothing.

Then watch plat go to 50k per. Ideally I'm trying to add content we can have/use that isn't going to be affected by inflation or market manipulation.

It's just a game, one day the server might not be available and instead of setting the bar so high, we could have had more enjoyment out of what was available, by *gasp* making it more available.
    newme likes this.
  20. One

One Well-Known Member